Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HJ Speaketh 09:44 - Aug 7 with 20195 viewsJACKARSE

No:_
Matthews
Naughton
Cameron
Azeez
Van Dijke

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-chairman-Huw-Jenkins-confid
HJ Speaketh on 09:51 - Aug 7 with 9441 viewsPrivate_Partz

Even though there are few if, any quotes, in that report SWEP could potentially be done for libel if they are wrong.
There is no good news for me in that article. I find it all very worrying.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

HJ Speaketh on 09:52 - Aug 7 with 9422 viewsperchrockjack

Me too now

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

HJ Speaketh on 10:04 - Aug 7 with 9329 viewsJackSomething

So Huw has confirmed we're not interested in Matthews, Cameron or Naughton. That's two players who the majority of posters have stated aren't good enough for us, plus Matthews, who it's fair to say divided opinion.

It seems he's played down the chances of signing Van Dijk because he'd be too expensive, another view which many have stated on here. But he doesn't seem to have ruled out Fernandez, a player I think all of us would be happy with.

He also seems confident we're going to make some signings soon, which is a positive. No mention of JDG, which you could take either way.

The only negative in that article I can see is that it seems we're only looking at 2 players coming in at most, when it does seem like we need 3 or 4 to me.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

HJ Speaketh on 10:14 - Aug 7 with 9242 viewsWarwickHunt

HJ Speaketh on 09:51 - Aug 7 by Private_Partz

Even though there are few if, any quotes, in that report SWEP could potentially be done for libel if they are wrong.
There is no good news for me in that article. I find it all very worrying.

Which bit is potentially libellous?

Good news about Naughton, Cameron, Matthews and Dick Van Dyke. Think we need a lot more than "one or two things done" though...

Tick tock.
HJ Speaketh on 10:17 - Aug 7 with 9218 viewsPrivate_Partz

HJ Speaketh on 10:04 - Aug 7 by JackSomething

So Huw has confirmed we're not interested in Matthews, Cameron or Naughton. That's two players who the majority of posters have stated aren't good enough for us, plus Matthews, who it's fair to say divided opinion.

It seems he's played down the chances of signing Van Dijk because he'd be too expensive, another view which many have stated on here. But he doesn't seem to have ruled out Fernandez, a player I think all of us would be happy with.

He also seems confident we're going to make some signings soon, which is a positive. No mention of JDG, which you could take either way.

The only negative in that article I can see is that it seems we're only looking at 2 players coming in at most, when it does seem like we need 3 or 4 to me.

Fair do's Jacks I really admire you optimism. Not a dig. I am genuine in this statement. To me it seems the Spanish players either thought Monk was not up to the job or they have been driven out of the club. It looks like we are trying to take on the Premier league on the cheap. Our planning is terrible as Man U loom large and we still have not sorted out defensive midfield and defence. This despite Monk being in post to have this sorted in plenty of time for pre season preparation. It smacks of arrogance as well. This top flight lark is easy eh? This could be the work of geniuses. Football is a funny old game. I will happily eat humble pie. Bookmark me. If we are doing fine by November I will say I got it all wrong without reservation.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

HJ Speaketh on 10:21 - Aug 7 with 9168 viewsPrivate_Partz

HJ Speaketh on 10:14 - Aug 7 by WarwickHunt

Which bit is potentially libellous?

Good news about Naughton, Cameron, Matthews and Dick Van Dyke. Think we need a lot more than "one or two things done" though...

Tick tock.

Fair comment Warwick. The point I was trying to make is that they quote Huw rather than a 'club spokesman' and 'sources suggest'. Huw would be rightly miffed if the article is not true. Granted a bit different from libellous. :-)
[Post edited 7 Aug 2014 10:21]

HJ Speaketh on 10:27 - Aug 7 with 9105 viewsWarwickHunt

HJ Speaketh on 10:17 - Aug 7 by Private_Partz

Fair do's Jacks I really admire you optimism. Not a dig. I am genuine in this statement. To me it seems the Spanish players either thought Monk was not up to the job or they have been driven out of the club. It looks like we are trying to take on the Premier league on the cheap. Our planning is terrible as Man U loom large and we still have not sorted out defensive midfield and defence. This despite Monk being in post to have this sorted in plenty of time for pre season preparation. It smacks of arrogance as well. This top flight lark is easy eh? This could be the work of geniuses. Football is a funny old game. I will happily eat humble pie. Bookmark me. If we are doing fine by November I will say I got it all wrong without reservation.

Excellent post.

It seems that ten years of pretty much continued success has given the board an air of infallibility. I got pelters for mentioning arrogance and hubris when we didn't interview anyone when Monk was given the job.

I think it was Ux who said at the time it was either lunacy or genius.

I suspect we'll find out soon enough.
HJ Speaketh on 10:44 - Aug 7 with 8989 viewsBig_Phil

Just my view obviously:

All the players that HJ rules out have been slated on these pages over the last few days - FACT. Vast majority of PS do not want them / do not think they are good enough. HJ appears to confirm this is also the view of the Swans, GOOD!

More people want to say adios amigo to Chico than keep him it seems to me

Does anyone disagree that if everyone is fit (and that's the real issue for me) we have a better starting 11 this year than last? I do personally (I think KB or JA are less of a liability than Chico)

So, what's the problem? I think the problem is injuries - so we do need to get 2 to 3 in (and the noises coming out are that we may well do) but got to get people in at least as good / better - see first point

So people take a chill pill.......now, if BONY goes - nurse, get me the tabs
Login to get fewer ads

HJ Speaketh on 10:50 - Aug 7 with 8937 viewsdeanscfc

HJ Speaketh on 10:44 - Aug 7 by Big_Phil

Just my view obviously:

All the players that HJ rules out have been slated on these pages over the last few days - FACT. Vast majority of PS do not want them / do not think they are good enough. HJ appears to confirm this is also the view of the Swans, GOOD!

Does anyone disagree that if everyone is fit (and that's the real issue for me) we have a better starting 11 this year than last? I do personally (I think KB or JA are less of a liability than Chico)

So, what's the problem? I think the problem is injuries - so we do need to get 2 to 3 in (and the noises coming out are that we may well do) but got to get people in at least as good / better - see first point

Overall (IF we keep Bony) our first team is as strong if not stronger than last season. But in the full back position we're now weaker and we do need to strengthen in midfield too (cdm) as leon isn't getting any younger.
HJ Speaketh on 10:56 - Aug 7 with 8893 viewsBig_Phil

HJ Speaketh on 10:50 - Aug 7 by deanscfc

Overall (IF we keep Bony) our first team is as strong if not stronger than last season. But in the full back position we're now weaker and we do need to strengthen in midfield too (cdm) as leon isn't getting any younger.

I agree with you in that I think Leon has one more top season left in him....and he's now injured (my point) and RB is an area of weakness that will be exploited. Rumour has it that Tiendalli is a changed man and pulling up trees in training....but training is one thing and he doesn't fill me with confidence that's for sure

The club know where any weaknesses are
HJ Speaketh on 10:57 - Aug 7 with 8875 viewsjack_lord

JDG and the guy from Napoli then.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

HJ Speaketh on 11:04 - Aug 7 with 8815 viewsJackSomething

HJ Speaketh on 10:44 - Aug 7 by Big_Phil

Just my view obviously:

I don't think anyone could argue that the first 11 isn't better this season. It's the strength in depth that's worrying.

I seem to be doing these lists everyday, but we're currently at something like:

GK - Fabianski, Tremmel
RB - Rangel, Tiendalli
LB - Taylor, Kingsley
CB - Ash, Bartley
CB - Amat, ??
CM - Britton, Fulton
CM - Shelvey, Ki
AM - Gylfi, Emnes
W - Routledge, Montero
W - Dyer, Emnes
CF - Bony, Gomis

That's all our major first-team players. I've had to use Emnes to cover two positions and I don't even know who our 4th CB would be. If we have injuries or want to rotate the squad, we've got problems.

At the very least, we need another CB and someone who can cover AM/W. We should also be looking at a DM (especially with Britton and Fulton's injuries) and better cover at fullback.

I'm hopeful that the club are aware of this and deals are progressing to strengthen, they're just keeping things quiet. If some arrogance has set in, as others have suggested, and the club think this squad is deep enough right now, we're potentially in some trouble. I just don't think they can be that misguided.

If the transfer window closes without at LEAST 2 new players coming in, I will be shifting into the 'worried' camp.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

HJ Speaketh on 11:04 - Aug 7 with 8807 viewsunion_jack

HJ Speaketh on 10:27 - Aug 7 by WarwickHunt

Excellent post.

It seems that ten years of pretty much continued success has given the board an air of infallibility. I got pelters for mentioning arrogance and hubris when we didn't interview anyone when Monk was given the job.

I think it was Ux who said at the time it was either lunacy or genius.

I suspect we'll find out soon enough.

I've got to say that I am normally in the 'panic camp' but not so much regarding this.

HJ has ruled out certain players and knows strengthening is vital but the players we bring in have to be right for the club. That's right in their style of player and right in the wage structure with a pinch of right attitude thrown in.

So the price has to be right and although we can say HJ or GM have had all summer it's not that simple in reality as we all know. We don't have money to throw away.

I don't for one minute think that there is an air of complacency in all of this. Yes, time is getting less and leass as each day passes but the last attitude we want from the board is a "he'll do" one because invariably "he won't!!!"

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

HJ Speaketh on 11:06 - Aug 7 with 8793 viewsMagicDaps

Monk said he wants to bring in 2/3 players before any one had come in for Chico.

HJ is just keeping his cards close to his chest.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

HJ Speaketh on 11:29 - Aug 7 with 8643 viewsEarl_Strickland

"This top flight lark is easy" "It smacks of arrogance"....Trying to take on the premier league on the cheap"...
Jesus we should have a chairman like vincent Tan or how about Fernandes at QPR??
Some people you just cant please, how the feck do we know that business is not being done as we speak...
Fair play look where this board has taken us in the last ten years ffs...
Tony Petty anyone ???
HJ Speaketh on 11:35 - Aug 7 with 8596 viewsMagicDaps

You'd swear the deadline is tonight the way some people are talking.

We've got over three weeks to bring players in, and people are acting as if the board don't have the aim to bring in more players.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

HJ Speaketh on 11:36 - Aug 7 with 8586 viewsWarwickHunt

HJ Speaketh on 11:29 - Aug 7 by Earl_Strickland

"This top flight lark is easy" "It smacks of arrogance"....Trying to take on the premier league on the cheap"...
Jesus we should have a chairman like vincent Tan or how about Fernandes at QPR??
Some people you just cant please, how the feck do we know that business is not being done as we speak...
Fair play look where this board has taken us in the last ten years ffs...
Tony Petty anyone ???

Because there's nothing inbetween Tony Petty and Vincent Tan...

Christ on a f*cking bike.
HJ Speaketh on 11:38 - Aug 7 with 8571 viewsraynor94

So with the reference to "you jacks" and your subtle dig at monk and the board, I take it not your not local

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

HJ Speaketh on 11:39 - Aug 7 with 8568 viewsEarl_Strickland

HJ Speaketh on 11:36 - Aug 7 by WarwickHunt

Because there's nothing inbetween Tony Petty and Vincent Tan...

Christ on a f*cking bike.

How about Doug Sharpe would he suit you?
HJ Speaketh on 11:45 - Aug 7 with 8537 viewsWarwickHunt

HJ Speaketh on 11:39 - Aug 7 by Earl_Strickland

How about Doug Sharpe would he suit you?

Try saying something relevant and/or intelligent.

Go on, have a go. I'll wait.
HJ Speaketh on 11:47 - Aug 7 with 8517 viewsEarl_Strickland

HJ Speaketh on 11:45 - Aug 7 by WarwickHunt

Try saying something relevant and/or intelligent.

Go on, have a go. I'll wait.

Oh the irony.
HJ Speaketh on 11:48 - Aug 7 with 8505 viewsWarwickHunt

HJ Speaketh on 11:47 - Aug 7 by Earl_Strickland

Oh the irony.

I'm still waiting...
HJ Speaketh on 11:50 - Aug 7 with 8493 viewsbluenile

Who do you support? From the opening sentence it's obvious you're not one of us, so who exactly?

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

HJ Speaketh on 11:54 - Aug 7 with 8458 viewsRuDeMan1970

"Garry and his staff are looking to do one or two things...." I am not taking this literally as "one or two" - as we all know - could just as easily mean "three or four" and with Huw's cards always being played close to his chest, I don't think it's time to panic just yet. As HJ and others connected to the club have said since we've been in the PL, we have to keep things out of the public domain otherwise the likes of bloody Brendan Rodgers will gazump us. I'm happy with the signings we've made so far. However, these are certainly outweighed in number by the outgoings we've seen. I always remember Roberto saying that you do not throw out your old shoes until you've replaced them with new ones and I think this makes sense. I just hope - as somebody alluded to on another thread recently - we are not penny-pinching in order to fund the Liberty expansion programme. That IMHO would be bloody disastrous for us if it were the case.

..."who will guard the guards..?"

HJ Speaketh on 11:54 - Aug 7 with 8458 viewsWarwickHunt

HJ Speaketh on 11:50 - Aug 7 by bluenile

Who do you support? From the opening sentence it's obvious you're not one of us, so who exactly?

He was replying to JackSomething. Duh!

He's a Swans fan with a differing view to yours. It wasn't illegal the last time I looked.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024