Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HJ Speaketh 09:44 - Aug 7 with 20460 viewsJACKARSE

No:_
Matthews
Naughton
Cameron
Azeez
Van Dijke

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-chairman-Huw-Jenkins-confid
HJ Speaketh on 12:53 - Aug 7 with 2179 viewsPrivate_Partz

HJ Speaketh on 11:29 - Aug 7 by Earl_Strickland

"This top flight lark is easy" "It smacks of arrogance"....Trying to take on the premier league on the cheap"...
Jesus we should have a chairman like vincent Tan or how about Fernandes at QPR??
Some people you just cant please, how the feck do we know that business is not being done as we speak...
Fair play look where this board has taken us in the last ten years ffs...
Tony Petty anyone ???

I am not saying get rid of the board and bring in some corporate w@nker Earl. I recognise the great work that has been done but mistakes and changes in attitude can still result in failure regardless. There Are many cases where an organisation has been spot on but then have lost their way both inside and outside of football. Tony Blair. Greatest thing since sliced bread for many when elected. Some would say ( I don't) that ML lost his way after a great first season. Things have changed. We are operating in a different level. Just because the board have hardly put a foot wrong does not mean they will not make some howlers in the future.
To repeat we have had a mass exodus of some of the best players to play for this club and with 8 days to the first match of the season are facing up to Man U ill prepared IMHO.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

HJ Speaketh on 12:56 - Aug 7 with 2151 viewsScoobyWho

HJ Speaketh on 12:53 - Aug 7 by Private_Partz

I am not saying get rid of the board and bring in some corporate w@nker Earl. I recognise the great work that has been done but mistakes and changes in attitude can still result in failure regardless. There Are many cases where an organisation has been spot on but then have lost their way both inside and outside of football. Tony Blair. Greatest thing since sliced bread for many when elected. Some would say ( I don't) that ML lost his way after a great first season. Things have changed. We are operating in a different level. Just because the board have hardly put a foot wrong does not mean they will not make some howlers in the future.
To repeat we have had a mass exodus of some of the best players to play for this club and with 8 days to the first match of the season are facing up to Man U ill prepared IMHO.

Last day of August would be time to make these calls.
In the meantime we have a squad capable of taking six points from the opening three games.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

HJ Speaketh on 12:59 - Aug 7 with 2145 viewsPrivate_Partz

HJ Speaketh on 12:43 - Aug 7 by bluenile

You're entitled to your opinion, but as you said, they are "your worries".............it's a good job we're not all the same eh?

Indeed Blue and I am comforted that I am in the minority. I am ready to jump over the cliff with the lemmings. (Joking btw) :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

HJ Speaketh on 13:04 - Aug 7 with 2127 viewsPrivate_Partz

HJ Speaketh on 11:58 - Aug 7 by ScoobyWho

For it to be a liable reference there has to be a breach in civil law, not quotes that you don't like

As i had said in a early post my comment was not correct and I was referring to Huw being miffed As he was being quoted as the source. I am not part of the 'I am never wrong' brigade ;-)

HJ Speaketh on 13:05 - Aug 7 with 2121 viewsNeiltheTaylor

HJ Speaketh on 12:56 - Aug 7 by ScoobyWho

In the meantime we have a squad capable of taking six points from the opening three games.

I don't agree. We are into panic buy territory for players who will not have the benefit of a pre-season either and we are still losing players who may or may not need replacing. There is a reason Monk said he wanted to get business completed early. That plan has failed and we are now cuffing it towards the first game of the season with glib "one or two more to come in" type statements.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2014 13:10]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

HJ Speaketh on 13:07 - Aug 7 with 2112 viewsPrivate_Partz

HJ Speaketh on 12:15 - Aug 7 by JackSomething

I don't think I've ever been mentioned so much in a thread, even if it is just in an argument over whether a poster was referring to me or not.

I thought he was referring to me. I liked his post, I don't agree with all of it, but I see where's he's coming from.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2014 12:15]

Play nicely guys I was responding to Jacksomething. ;-)

HJ Speaketh on 13:16 - Aug 7 with 2078 viewsMattG

HJ Speaketh on 13:05 - Aug 7 by NeiltheTaylor

I don't agree. We are into panic buy territory for players who will not have the benefit of a pre-season either and we are still losing players who may or may not need replacing. There is a reason Monk said he wanted to get business completed early. That plan has failed and we are now cuffing it towards the first game of the season with glib "one or two more to come in" type statements.

The players we are being linked with now will have been through pre-season with their current clubs - not ideal but certainly better than nothing.

Would I have preferred everything to have been done and dusted weeks ago? Of course.

Was that ever really likely with the World Cup taking place? Nope. Maybe somewhat naive of GM to have made that statement but no doubt he genuinely hoped he could do the majority of business early.

Also, I wouldn't see signing the likes of van Dijk or Fernandez as panic buying, if one or other of them turn out to be one the ones coming in.
HJ Speaketh on 13:18 - Aug 7 with 2068 viewsPrivate_Partz

HJ Speaketh on 12:56 - Aug 7 by ScoobyWho

Don't agree Scooby. With the amount of players leaving this should have been sorted out much earlier. We will have played 2 matches ( I think) by then. I agreed with GM when he said he wanted it sorted by the start of the World Cup. More realistically, by the time we started pre season matches. It looks like we will still be scouting after Saturdays match. This means we go to Old Trafford with 2 to 4 signings who will probably have never played with the existing team members. On top of that they have to settle into the club.
Another John made a good point a few days ago. Unlike last season many of our early matches should be deemed winnable. If we miss out on these due to new and untried players then we could find ourselves in trouble. There is a very thin line between success and failure for clubs outside the top 7.

Login to get fewer ads

HJ Speaketh on 13:18 - Aug 7 with 2068 viewsJackSomething

HJ Speaketh on 12:53 - Aug 7 by Private_Partz

On the other hand, a lot of our current problems could be down to ML. It's surely no coincidence that it's mostly his signings that are being sent packing.

It seems like he assembled a team that produced one great season before the cracks in the squad proved insurmountable. It could be argued that Jenkins and Monk are paying the price for Laudrup's poor signings.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

HJ Speaketh on 13:19 - Aug 7 with 2067 viewsNeiltheTaylor

HJ Speaketh on 13:16 - Aug 7 by MattG

The players we are being linked with now will have been through pre-season with their current clubs - not ideal but certainly better than nothing.

Would I have preferred everything to have been done and dusted weeks ago? Of course.

Was that ever really likely with the World Cup taking place? Nope. Maybe somewhat naive of GM to have made that statement but no doubt he genuinely hoped he could do the majority of business early.

Also, I wouldn't see signing the likes of van Dijk or Fernandez as panic buying, if one or other of them turn out to be one the ones coming in.

If I had to predict I think we will end up with a couple of loans from the likes of Man U when they decide they don't need them this year. I can't see us bringing in any further serious permanent signings. Happy to be proved wrong obviously.

HJ Speaketh on 13:21 - Aug 7 with 2050 viewsScoobyWho

HJ Speaketh on 13:05 - Aug 7 by NeiltheTaylor

The one or two Huw speaks of that may come in are clearly are not huge targets, the board ( I don't agree ) seem happy with what we have. And if we stay injury free we will be ok, I am sure of that. But that is unlikely to happen. My main concern is what happens if Bony goes now or we lose him to the African thingy. ( And Ki in Jan ) I understand the panic, but not the reasoning.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

HJ Speaketh on 13:25 - Aug 7 with 2033 viewsWarwickHunt

HJ Speaketh on 13:18 - Aug 7 by JackSomething

On the other hand, a lot of our current problems could be down to ML. It's surely no coincidence that it's mostly his signings that are being sent packing.

It seems like he assembled a team that produced one great season before the cracks in the squad proved insurmountable. It could be argued that Jenkins and Monk are paying the price for Laudrup's poor signings.

But not with a straight face...
HJ Speaketh on 13:41 - Aug 7 with 1965 viewsJackSomething

HJ Speaketh on 13:25 - Aug 7 by WarwickHunt

But not with a straight face...

Not entirely no. Easier with tongue firmly lodged in cheek.

HJ Speaketh on 13:52 - Aug 7 with 1927 viewsblaine_scfc

Michu,Chico and Pablo poor signings? Players we won the Carling Cup with and got our highest league finish with?

Seriously mate, give it a rest

Canas and Poz would of been good additions in time in my opinion. Laudrups gone, it's Monks side, on his head simple as that.

[Post edited 7 Aug 2014 13:53]
HJ Speaketh on 13:53 - Aug 7 with 1924 viewsUplandsJack

HJ Speaketh on 11:29 - Aug 7 by Earl_Strickland

"This top flight lark is easy" "It smacks of arrogance"....Trying to take on the premier league on the cheap"...
Jesus we should have a chairman like vincent Tan or how about Fernandes at QPR??
Some people you just cant please, how the feck do we know that business is not being done as we speak...
Fair play look where this board has taken us in the last ten years ffs...
Tony Petty anyone ???

This attitude really pisses me off...
Just because HJ & Co. have done the business on the
whole over the last 11 years does not mean they are above judgement or criticism. To do so is dangerous for the good & future wellbeing of our club...
Let's be honest HJ made a mess of things in Jan transfer window
and not to mention the Ki loan fiasco. Then there was the timing
and piss poor handling of the whole ML sacking. So not everything he touches
turns to gold... I personally think this blinkered attitude (what they
have done in the past) that most seem to spout in defence regarding any criticism of HJ & Co
could well be our eventual downfall... I as all Swans fans will be forever grateful
for the effort and achievement these guys have done, but that doesn't give them
a free pass and be above criticism or even removal if necessary in the future...
That all said now is not the time to start sharpening the knifes as others
have stated we still have 3 weeks to finish our business.
I on the whole support the board. I am also hopeful it all works out come
Sept 1, but more importantly come May....
But please stop with this god like bollocks of HJ & the board!!!
HJ Speaketh on 14:00 - Aug 7 with 1891 viewsJackSomething

HJ Speaketh on 13:52 - Aug 7 by blaine_scfc

Michu,Chico and Pablo poor signings? Players we won the Carling Cup with and got our highest league finish with?

Seriously mate, give it a rest

Canas and Poz would of been good additions in time in my opinion. Laudrups gone, it's Monks side, on his head simple as that.

[Post edited 7 Aug 2014 13:53]

See the above post.

HJ Speaketh on 14:00 - Aug 7 with 1890 viewsPrivate_Partz

That is a possibility Jacksomething.
They are all adults and MLs attitude was they should behave in that manner. It looks like there was a split between factions and the ML style was to let that be unless it affected performances on the pitch. It also seems GM was in the other faction. Not the best move then to appoint a faction leader as it was bound to split the camp further. A strong manager with no axe to grind could have been brought in to bang heads together. Whatever the problem was we have lost millions as a result. Anyway that is old hat. We move on.
I don't agree that this could not have been sorted out earlier. There has been plenty of time to sort this out and it should not be dragging on. All the statements from the club said GMs early appointment would prevent this very problem occurring.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2014 14:03]

HJ Speaketh on 14:04 - Aug 7 with 1876 viewsWarwickHunt

HJ Speaketh on 13:53 - Aug 7 by UplandsJack

This attitude really pisses me off...
Just because HJ & Co. have done the business on the
whole over the last 11 years does not mean they are above judgement or criticism. To do so is dangerous for the good & future wellbeing of our club...
Let's be honest HJ made a mess of things in Jan transfer window
and not to mention the Ki loan fiasco. Then there was the timing
and piss poor handling of the whole ML sacking. So not everything he touches
turns to gold... I personally think this blinkered attitude (what they
have done in the past) that most seem to spout in defence regarding any criticism of HJ & Co
could well be our eventual downfall... I as all Swans fans will be forever grateful
for the effort and achievement these guys have done, but that doesn't give them
a free pass and be above criticism or even removal if necessary in the future...
That all said now is not the time to start sharpening the knifes as others
have stated we still have 3 weeks to finish our business.
I on the whole support the board. I am also hopeful it all works out come
Sept 1, but more importantly come May....
But please stop with this god like bollocks of HJ & the board!!!

Spot on. We're all grateful for past efforts but the blind faith is cringeworthy.
HJ Speaketh on 14:05 - Aug 7 with 1874 viewsJackSomething

HJ Speaketh on 14:00 - Aug 7 by Private_Partz

That is a possibility Jacksomething.
They are all adults and MLs attitude was they should behave in that manner. It looks like there was a split between factions and the ML style was to let that be unless it affected performances on the pitch. It also seems GM was in the other faction. Not the best move then to appoint a faction leader as it was bound to split the camp further. A strong manager with no axe to grind could have been brought in to bang heads together. Whatever the problem was we have lost millions as a result. Anyway that is old hat. We move on.
I don't agree that this could not have been sorted out earlier. There has been plenty of time to sort this out and it should not be dragging on. All the statements from the club said GMs early appointment would prevent this very problem occurring.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2014 14:03]

Handing Monk the permanent position without interviewing anyone else is something I have criticised. As others have said, it's likely to prove either an inspired choice or a disaster.

Not just because of his lack of managerial experience, but his (allegedly) central role in the split in the squad. As you say, perhaps a new man could have cracked heads and healed rifts without such extensive surgery on the squad.

HJ Speaketh on 14:10 - Aug 7 with 1843 viewsPrivate_Partz

HJ Speaketh on 14:05 - Aug 7 by JackSomething

Handing Monk the permanent position without interviewing anyone else is something I have criticised. As others have said, it's likely to prove either an inspired choice or a disaster.

Not just because of his lack of managerial experience, but his (allegedly) central role in the split in the squad. As you say, perhaps a new man could have cracked heads and healed rifts without such extensive surgery on the squad.

Indeed but this is the situation as we find it.
I hope I am panicking needlessly and if we come out if this smelling of roses then I will hail them as football visionaries.
I can't recall ever posting so much on one topic so I am off for a cycle soon to take my mind of it all. maybe a pint or two even. :-)
ATB.

HJ Speaketh on 14:10 - Aug 7 with 1843 viewsJackSomething

HJ Speaketh on 14:04 - Aug 7 by WarwickHunt

Spot on. We're all grateful for past efforts but the blind faith is cringeworthy.

While we've disagreed plenty over the board's decisions, I find it difficult to believe after last season that anyone can claim our board don't make mistakes.

Europa ticket pricing, handling of ML sacking, not interviewing anyone for manager's post, signing N'Gog... Surely everybody disagrees with at least one of those decisions?

HJ Speaketh on 14:11 - Aug 7 with 1838 viewsNeiltheTaylor

HJ makes it clear who is getting fingered if things go pear shaped anyway...

"He said: "Garry and his staff are looking to do one or two things to make sure we get the squad to where we want it to be over the next week or so.

"I wouldn't say there's a lot of work to be done. We are just looking to get one or two things done so we are where we want to be at the start of the season.""

HJ Speaketh on 14:15 - Aug 7 with 1813 viewsBig_Phil

Premier league team looking to bring players in during last few weeks of transfer window - SHOCK....SACK THE BOARD (That's all 20 boardrooms emptied then - could be an opportunity for some on here)

Not everyone we have enquired about either a) wants to come; b) comes at a fair price - SHOCK.....SACK THE BOARD

We will have a better 11 going into Man Utd this year than last season - SHOCK....oh, hang on a minute.....
HJ Speaketh on 14:21 - Aug 7 with 1779 viewsNeiltheTaylor

HJ Speaketh on 14:15 - Aug 7 by Big_Phil

Premier league team looking to bring players in during last few weeks of transfer window - SHOCK....SACK THE BOARD (That's all 20 boardrooms emptied then - could be an opportunity for some on here)

Not everyone we have enquired about either a) wants to come; b) comes at a fair price - SHOCK.....SACK THE BOARD

We will have a better 11 going into Man Utd this year than last season - SHOCK....oh, hang on a minute.....

Pop down off your high horse and Pick your back 4 to start an Man U, Phil. Now one of those gets injured...
[Post edited 7 Aug 2014 14:26]

HJ Speaketh on 14:25 - Aug 7 with 1760 viewsWarwickHunt

HJ Speaketh on 14:21 - Aug 7 by NeiltheTaylor

Pop down off your high horse and Pick your back 4 to start an Man U, Phil. Now one of those gets injured...
[Post edited 7 Aug 2014 14:26]

Better still, pick your defensive and midfield subs...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024