Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chico off as well ??? 10:49 - Aug 5 with 23436 viewsJACKARSE

So is Chico off as well ???
Maybe a come back for Tate ...... FFS

According to the Beeb ......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28655286
Chico off as well ??? on 21:18 - Aug 5 with 2235 viewsItchySphincter

It's laughable to think players are being replaced because the manager doesn't get on with them. If they're good enough they play. If they're transferred out it's because the deal makes sense to the club.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Chico off as well ??? on 21:18 - Aug 5 with 2233 viewspencoedjack

Chico off as well ??? on 20:40 - Aug 5 by Free_Willy

Have a soft spot for Chico and on his day a perfect compliment to Ash. Haven't seen a Centre Back as comfortable on the ball before (playing for the Swans anyway). His antics on and of the pitch however are a detriment to the team and also his agent is an absolute nob.

Monk and Huw know the full extent of the shenanigans going on (bricks and all) and I trust their judgement. So if we can get a decent fee for him (as well as Pablo) and re-invest it into the team i'm happy (around 7-10 mill for the both).

We need a RB, CB and a DM before the 1/9

I agree with nearly all that except the 1/9

Burnley & Leicester at home before, with Utd & Chelsea away the other side of them games they are must wins ..... I have been shot down enough times, but Bartley at CH with Ash fills me with dread (hope I'm proved wrong).
Chico off as well ??? on 21:19 - Aug 5 with 2227 viewsBorojack

Chico off as well ??? on 19:44 - Aug 5 by Daithejack

Well if Chico is off as well, I can only assume we must have somebody lined up to come in. Mayby theres something in the Geoff Cameron rumour, he would be handy because he can play Centre half, right back or defensive midfield.

He cant play all 3 the same time though.
The squad is looking a ltttle threadbear to
say the least.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Chico off as well ??? on 21:20 - Aug 5 with 2218 viewsApeShit

I hope Chico stays, even if we do manage to replace him its going to take this team some time to bed in!
Chico off as well ??? on 21:20 - Aug 5 with 2218 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Chico off as well ??? on 21:18 - Aug 5 by pencoedjack

I agree with nearly all that except the 1/9

Burnley & Leicester at home before, with Utd & Chelsea away the other side of them games they are must wins ..... I have been shot down enough times, but Bartley at CH with Ash fills me with dread (hope I'm proved wrong).

I doubt it very much

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Chico off as well ??? on 21:20 - Aug 5 with 2217 viewsSwan91

Chico off as well ??? on 21:01 - Aug 5 by Free_Willy

Looking at this Van Dijk fella, I like

Woah I like! He seems more like shelveys position than a defender though,

Also if we do sign him nearly ever player on our team is going to want to wake free kicks haha. Atleast we will have options.

Would be sad to see Chico go because I do think he did well in the premier league (except a few hiccups) and was a bargain for us. But if we sign this guy for a similar price I will hope he can do a good job for us. Would be a risk but our club take these risks often and mostly get good results
[Post edited 5 Aug 2014 21:26]
Chico off as well ??? on 21:24 - Aug 5 with 2166 viewsClinton

Chico off as well ??? on 19:02 - Aug 5 by caerleon_jack

I don't get why so many on here slate Chico. Admittedly he's an...eccentric...fellow at times, but for the level of our club, who and what we can afford, Chico is a very good defender. He's not perfect, he makes mistakes, but no more than any other of our defenders. For £2m he was an absolute steal and I think we would struggle to replace him without spending at least three times that amount. I'd be sad to see him go and I'd be worried about replacing him with a guy whose only experience is in the Dutch and Scottish leagues, and only three seasons at that.

This

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Chico off as well ??? on 21:25 - Aug 5 with 2158 viewspencoedjack

Chico off as well ??? on 21:20 - Aug 5 by oh_tommy_tommy

I doubt it very much

Doubt what Tom ....

Burnley & Leicester must wins or Bartley starting at centre half ?
Login to get fewer ads

Chico off as well ??? on 21:29 - Aug 5 with 2120 viewsApeShit

Chico off as well ??? on 21:18 - Aug 5 by ItchySphincter

It's laughable to think players are being replaced because the manager doesn't get on with them. If they're good enough they play. If they're transferred out it's because the deal makes sense to the club.

You don't think Chico is good enough to play for us?
Chico off as well ??? on 21:31 - Aug 5 with 2094 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Chico off as well ??? on 21:25 - Aug 5 by pencoedjack

Doubt what Tom ....

Burnley & Leicester must wins or Bartley starting at centre half ?

Bartley

We'll beat those 2 .

I've seen little of him ,as have most swans fans .

But what I have seen so far hasn't put him up with Chico .

Amat is the answer for now .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Chico off as well ??? on 21:35 - Aug 5 with 2064 viewspencoedjack

Chico off as well ??? on 21:31 - Aug 5 by oh_tommy_tommy

Bartley

We'll beat those 2 .

I've seen little of him ,as have most swans fans .

But what I have seen so far hasn't put him up with Chico .

Amat is the answer for now .

Yep Amat over Bartley all day long for me .....

Personally I would of put Amat over Chico.
Chico off as well ??? on 21:36 - Aug 5 with 2052 viewslondonlisa2001

It seems that Monk didn't like what he saw last season at the back and is completely reshaping. It seems too close to the start of the season though, so can only hope that there are a couple lined up. It does seem to me that Chico was being prepared to start the season with us (going to the US etc), so the only reason for this sudden change of heart is surely that we have now someone lined up to come in and are clearing the wage bill to allow it.

Didn't Huw Cooze suggest some time ago that we may well have an Argentinian playing for us when the season started? Could it be that that deal has been sorted? Or that our double from Celtic is now on the cards after their Champions League almost exit? Certainly look too weak there at the moment unless we get another full back and if Chico does go another CH.
Chico off as well ??? on 21:39 - Aug 5 with 2014 viewsItchySphincter

Chico off as well ??? on 21:29 - Aug 5 by ApeShit

Is that how it reads?

I thought I'd qualified my thoughts on Chico earlier and that post was just making the point that I don't agree with people saying players are being transferred out because Garry doesn't like them as people.

Chico off as well ??? on 21:40 - Aug 5 with 2008 viewsFree_Willy

But one of Chico's strengths was that he frequently dribbled out of defence to start off attacks. Van Dijk looks a similar player also he's 6ft4, strong as an Ox and has a powerful shot.

Played in the Dutch league so technically up to it and has a year playing champions league and being bashed by angry jocks in the cold and rain. Pretty good preparation I say.

Who else are we going to go for Craig Dawson?
Chico off as well ??? on 21:40 - Aug 5 with 2008 viewspencoedjack

Chico off as well ??? on 21:20 - Aug 5 by Swan91

Woah I like! He seems more like shelveys position than a defender though,

Also if we do sign him nearly ever player on our team is going to want to wake free kicks haha. Atleast we will have options.

Would be sad to see Chico go because I do think he did well in the premier league (except a few hiccups) and was a bargain for us. But if we sign this guy for a similar price I will hope he can do a good job for us. Would be a risk but our club take these risks often and mostly get good results
[Post edited 5 Aug 2014 21:26]

Although I feel a little dirty going to the Celtic forum .....

They seem to think he is worth more than 6 million.

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=143974
Chico off as well ??? on 21:41 - Aug 5 with 2002 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Chico is a better centre-half than Amat for me, clearly.

Amat is in that cuddly honeymoon phase where he has had the odd cameo app and done ok, but hasn't had to face the week-in week-out drudgery that Chico has in the league and the perils therein.

Guarantee you, if Amat played 15-20 prem games in a row, that honeymoon period would be over and he'd be labelled just as 'sh*t' as everyone else by the PS massive.

I'm not Chico's biggest fan, but he's better than Amat at the moment.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2014 21:42]

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Chico off as well ??? on 21:41 - Aug 5 with 2002 viewsblaine_scfc

The Chico deal was a done deal weeks back.

Fact.
Chico off as well ??? on 21:41 - Aug 5 with 1999 viewsItchySphincter

Chico off as well ??? on 21:29 - Aug 5 by ApeShit

Here you go, a copy and paste of my earlier comment, just so we're clear:

"We can't all agree all of the time but if Chico goes it's not because he's not good enough or he's a bit of a c*nt. Proven PL defender for us and a good boy deep down. If this happens hopefully there's a shed load of money on the table or we have replacement lined up, from within or new transfer. One thing's for sure - it won't be good riddance as far as I'm concerned.

Still, believe it when I see it, until then fingers crossed it doesn't happen."

Chico off as well ??? on 21:43 - Aug 5 with 1984 viewsBorojack

Chico off as well ??? on 21:39 - Aug 5 by ItchySphincter

Is that how it reads?

I thought I'd qualified my thoughts on Chico earlier and that post was just making the point that I don't agree with people saying players are being transferred out because Garry doesn't like them as people.

He spotted him in Tesco buying Coco Pops
Emough is enough.mun

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Chico off as well ??? on 21:43 - Aug 5 with 1981 viewsItchySphincter

Chico off as well ??? on 21:41 - Aug 5 by blaine_scfc

Fact.

It's easy to say that now but if he really is talking to them then it's unlikely he'll turn around and come back..

Chico off as well ??? on 21:45 - Aug 5 with 1964 viewspenlan_jack

Chico off as well ??? on 21:41 - Aug 5 by blaine_scfc

Fact.

Yeah and we took him away to America and had him training with us at the risk of injury sure.
Chico off as well ??? on 21:46 - Aug 5 with 1952 viewsblaine_scfc

Chico off as well ??? on 21:43 - Aug 5 by ItchySphincter

It's easy to say that now but if he really is talking to them then it's unlikely he'll turn around and come back..

I posted a few weeks back about him going to that neck of the woods. I was told it was same club as Pablo though not Laudrup.
Chico off as well ??? on 21:55 - Aug 5 with 1896 viewsWarwickHunt

Chico off as well ??? on 21:04 - Aug 5 by Borojack

This spanish cull is going to far.
Unless we have a guaranteed replacement
this would be madness.
Break up the clique is fine but I am.starting
to worry. about the number of first teamers
who are being allowed to go.
We would then need a RB CB DM and a striker
with 4 weeks of the window left.

...and less than two weeks before Yernahtid at OT.

Chico pissed on his patates when he tried to brick his future manager. It's no surprise he's being shipped out.

The Spanish cull was planned back in February - the season's about to start and we've only just replaced Michu/Pablo, we still haven't replaced Canas and now it looks like we need another centre-back.

As Brenda would say, triffic.
Chico off as well ??? on 22:01 - Aug 5 with 1847 viewsblaine_scfc

Chico off as well ??? on 21:55 - Aug 5 by WarwickHunt

...and less than two weeks before Yernahtid at OT.

Chico pissed on his patates when he tried to brick his future manager. It's no surprise he's being shipped out.

The Spanish cull was planned back in February - the season's about to start and we've only just replaced Michu/Pablo, we still haven't replaced Canas and now it looks like we need another centre-back.

As Brenda would say, triffic.

Personally not liking it at all. As Doc said earlier we are culling one clique with the leader of the other clique.

Bartley at centre half, a player who struggled to nail down a staring spot in a poor Birmingham side being a replacement is not ideal. I can see Amat looking for a way out aswell to be honest.
Chico off as well ??? on 22:02 - Aug 5 with 1826 viewsStarsky

Chico off as well ??? on 22:01 - Aug 5 by blaine_scfc

Personally not liking it at all. As Doc said earlier we are culling one clique with the leader of the other clique.

Bartley at centre half, a player who struggled to nail down a staring spot in a poor Birmingham side being a replacement is not ideal. I can see Amat looking for a way out aswell to be honest.

He didn't struggle at Brum mun. Quite the opposite
Don't let facts get in the way of your argument though

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024