Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Van Dijk for £8m 09:03 - Aug 6 with 14612 viewsParlay

Newcastle have been quoted that figure to land him. Think thats too rich for us. He is a cracking player though.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-must-p

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Van Dijk for £8m on 09:05 - Aug 6 with 9017 viewsTheClash

Not too rich for us.

The Future is tomorrow's today!

Van Dijk for £8m on 09:11 - Aug 6 with 8974 viewsParlay

I cant see us splashing £8m on a center back. Saints are in the driving seat and have so much more financial clout than us.

Forum celebrity

Van Dijk for £8m on 09:55 - Aug 6 with 8766 viewsPrivate_Partz

Van Dijk for £8m on 09:11 - Aug 6 by Parlay

I cant see us splashing £8m on a center back. Saints are in the driving seat and have so much more financial clout than us.

Our hand could be forced if Chico goes on the cheap.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Van Dijk for £8m on 09:56 - Aug 6 with 8753 viewsJACKARSE

Van Dijk for £8m on 09:55 - Aug 6 by Private_Partz

Our hand could be forced if Chico goes on the cheap.

Reported at £3.5M .... shocking IMO
Van Dijk for £8m on 10:04 - Aug 6 with 8708 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We've sold Chico
So it's probably a runner We must have a chance of getting him surely.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Van Dijk for £8m on 10:28 - Aug 6 with 8620 viewsraynor94

Van Dijk for £8m on 09:56 - Aug 6 by JACKARSE

Reported at £3.5M .... shocking IMO

A 1.5 million profit shocking?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Van Dijk for £8m on 10:29 - Aug 6 with 8608 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Van Dijk for £8m on 10:28 - Aug 6 by raynor94

A 1.5 million profit shocking?

I would say yes .

Dreadful profit

Van Dijk for £8m on 10:32 - Aug 6 with 8589 viewsTheClash

Caulker was £8 million and this guy is rated higher than him so I don;t think it will be a problem as we hardly spent anything in transfer fees this window.

The Future is tomorrow's today!

Login to get fewer ads

Van Dijk for £8m on 10:34 - Aug 6 with 8582 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Van Dijk for £8m on 10:32 - Aug 6 by TheClash

Caulker was £8 million and this guy is rated higher than him so I don;t think it will be a problem as we hardly spent anything in transfer fees this window.

Apparently we are not that rich a club , some where saying on here in the week.

Van Dijk for £8m on 10:36 - Aug 6 with 8575 viewsSwan91

If you take in mind the Chico sale for this guy then it would work out as about 4 - 4.5 million which I think is about right. Plus chicos wage budget would probably cover Van Dijk so we wouldn't be adding to the wage bill.

If we sign him and Ramon azeez for about 3 million then I would say that's pretty much it for transfers (oh also if we get Mathews or another RB aswell)

I hope these transfers come off
Van Dijk for £8m on 10:41 - Aug 6 with 8542 viewsQuakerJack

Van Dijk for £8m on 10:29 - Aug 6 by oh_tommy_tommy

I would say yes .

Dreadful profit

3.5 mil for a proven premier league CB with two years in the league behind him, aged 27, when previously he'd been loaned out by his parent club to Genoa.

Nowhere near enough. These Qatari clubs have masses and masses of cash.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Van Dijk for £8m on 10:44 - Aug 6 with 8514 viewsSwan91

Van Dijk for £8m on 10:29 - Aug 6 by oh_tommy_tommy

I would say yes .

Dreadful profit

I agree, was hoping we would be able to get about 5 million for him. They must already have a deal In place for cover otherwise it is a hell of a risk.
Van Dijk for £8m on 10:48 - Aug 6 with 8486 viewsParlay

I would be ecstatic to be proven wrong, i just cant see it.

Forum celebrity

Van Dijk for £8m on 11:32 - Aug 6 with 8337 viewsMagicDaps

I don't see why anyone can complain with £3.5 million for Chico given that he's going to Qatar, he's a player with the mindset of cashing on his career and effectively retiring. To get £3.5 million for a player that doesn't want to play competitive football is good business.

We've been forced in to selling him, there's not a lot we can do when the player and his agent clearly want this move to Qatar and we just aren't in a position to negotiate. Either we sell to Qatar, or we have an unhappy player for the next two years before he moves to Qatar.

As for Van Dijk, we should just take the hit and pay what Celtic want. He's the best centre back available, suited to our style of play and the natural replacement to Chico. We've been a few positions where we've not been in a position to negotiate as players have wanted to go which has cost us a few million, but if we can bring in the best players possible in and have the best squad possible to us then we'll stay up and financially we'll remain in an excellent position.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Van Dijk for £8m on 11:48 - Aug 6 with 8263 viewslondonlisa2001

Van Dijk for £8m on 11:32 - Aug 6 by MagicDaps

I don't see why anyone can complain with £3.5 million for Chico given that he's going to Qatar, he's a player with the mindset of cashing on his career and effectively retiring. To get £3.5 million for a player that doesn't want to play competitive football is good business.

We've been forced in to selling him, there's not a lot we can do when the player and his agent clearly want this move to Qatar and we just aren't in a position to negotiate. Either we sell to Qatar, or we have an unhappy player for the next two years before he moves to Qatar.

As for Van Dijk, we should just take the hit and pay what Celtic want. He's the best centre back available, suited to our style of play and the natural replacement to Chico. We've been a few positions where we've not been in a position to negotiate as players have wanted to go which has cost us a few million, but if we can bring in the best players possible in and have the best squad possible to us then we'll stay up and financially we'll remain in an excellent position.

Chris Wathan this morning is intimating that £3.5m or whatever was the first offer whereas we valued Chico at £5m and suggests that they have now upped their offer which is why Chico is talking to them.

I woud think £5m for Chico to be reasonable. I also think we need to get either this Celtic player or the Argentinian player.

I wonder if some of this will depend on Celtic's result tonight - if they get knocked out then perhaps both Matthews and Van Dijk will then be on their way as I believe that Celtic will then need to reduce their wage bill substantially.
Van Dijk for £8m on 11:50 - Aug 6 with 8255 viewsZut_Alors

Van Dijk for £8m on 11:48 - Aug 6 by londonlisa2001

Chris Wathan this morning is intimating that £3.5m or whatever was the first offer whereas we valued Chico at £5m and suggests that they have now upped their offer which is why Chico is talking to them.

I woud think £5m for Chico to be reasonable. I also think we need to get either this Celtic player or the Argentinian player.

I wonder if some of this will depend on Celtic's result tonight - if they get knocked out then perhaps both Matthews and Van Dijk will then be on their way as I believe that Celtic will then need to reduce their wage bill substantially.

I think that's likely to be the case. Let's hope they lose then.
Van Dijk for £8m on 11:52 - Aug 6 with 8235 viewslondonlisa2001

Van Dijk for £8m on 11:50 - Aug 6 by Zut_Alors

I think that's likely to be the case. Let's hope they lose then.

I would think that them turning over a 4:1 is a little unlikely if they play anything like reports suggested they played last week.
Van Dijk for £8m on 11:54 - Aug 6 with 8226 viewspencoedjack

Van Dijk for £8m on 11:52 - Aug 6 by londonlisa2001

I would think that them turning over a 4:1 is a little unlikely if they play anything like reports suggested they played last week.

Shouldn't you be having a caviar & champers lunch
Van Dijk for £8m on 11:59 - Aug 6 with 8196 viewsFar_Post

Undisclosed Fee it is then...

Blog: The C Word

Van Dijk for £8m on 12:22 - Aug 6 with 8102 viewslondonlisa2001

Van Dijk for £8m on 11:54 - Aug 6 by pencoedjack

Shouldn't you be having a caviar & champers lunch

cheese sandwich - does that count?
Van Dijk for £8m on 12:23 - Aug 6 with 8091 viewslondonlisa2001

Van Dijk for £8m on 11:59 - Aug 6 by Far_Post

Undisclosed Fee it is then...

and the reasons for that can be partly explained by the thread on Vorm and sell on clauses perhaps? Aren't virtually all transfers undisclosed fees?
Van Dijk for £8m on 12:24 - Aug 6 with 8081 viewsdobjack2

In a bidding war wages could be our problem
Van Dijk for £8m on 12:56 - Aug 6 with 7946 viewsraynor94

Van Dijk for £8m on 12:24 - Aug 6 by dobjack2

In a bidding war wages could be our problem

I think with the players we have already signed that's not the case

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Van Dijk for £8m on 13:00 - Aug 6 with 7912 viewsTom1912

Not sure about them having more financial clout than us. It doesn't seem like the new owners are that keen to reinvest. Yes they have a lot more money coming in but it doesn't seem like they want to spend it.
Van Dijk for £8m on 16:17 - Aug 6 with 7624 viewsskippyjack

Van Dijk for £8m on 10:34 - Aug 6 by oh_tommy_tommy

Apparently we are not that rich a club , some where saying on here in the week.

I know.. the exodus of Michu (loan fee.. wages freed up).. Poz, Lita, Ngog, Vorm, Davies, Lamah, Vasquez, Edwards (hefty fee apparently), Obeng, Meade and Canas, Chico Hernandez possibly going for fees... Ash, Monks.. The Directors have a hefty pay increase and dividend.. jobs a good un... I'm still miffed and baffled... we've saved millions in wages ...
[Post edited 6 Aug 2014 16:20]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024