Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happened to Swansea 22:18 - Aug 11 with 11148 viewskeeponrockin

I don't like to slag off my home town but I have to say these days I'm finding the place thoroughly depressing and am seeking to leave asap for various reasons.

Everywhere I go there seems to be junkies, people just shouting profanity, the town is a sh1thole, the roads are a joke, roid heads galore the list is endless.

It saddens me because it should be a great place and it does have some great qualities but I'm losing the love at the moment and I never thought that would happen. What's going on?
[Post edited 11 Aug 2014 22:20]
What happened to Swansea on 22:27 - Aug 11 with 5788 viewsshimmie

You're a needy c unt. That's what's going on.
What happened to Swansea on 22:28 - Aug 11 with 5786 viewsDarran

What happened to Swansea on 22:27 - Aug 11 by shimmie

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What happened to Swansea on 22:41 - Aug 11 with 5734 viewskeeponrockin

What happened to Swansea on 22:27 - Aug 11 by shimmie

Am I really? How on earth would you come to the conclusion.

I rest my case by the way, just the casual use of that word sums it up.

Why can't you have a little more wit in your reply?
What happened to Swansea on 22:47 - Aug 11 with 5712 viewskeeponrockin

By the way my initial point still stands, something is up. I've seen a dramatic change in around 10 years - you can dismiss this but this is my 'opinion' fine call me a c*** if it makes you happy. It's of course much easier than actually debating as I see so often on here.
What happened to Swansea on 22:52 - Aug 11 with 5692 viewsjackportis

Can I suggest u visit some of the beaches. Go down to rhossili look at the view. Ask yourself if u still think the place is a shithole.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

What happened to Swansea on 22:53 - Aug 11 with 5688 viewsBanosswan

What happened to Swansea on 22:41 - Aug 11 by keeponrockin

Am I really? How on earth would you come to the conclusion.

I rest my case by the way, just the casual use of that word sums it up.

Why can't you have a little more wit in your reply?

Whilst not being as harsh as shimmie, he has a point. If all the ' decent ' people just run away, who's left to challenge the status quo?

What would you like to see change in Swansea?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

What happened to Swansea on 22:55 - Aug 11 with 5682 viewskeeponrockin

What happened to Swansea on 22:52 - Aug 11 by jackportis

Can I suggest u visit some of the beaches. Go down to rhossili look at the view. Ask yourself if u still think the place is a shithole.

As I qualified in my post if you noticed - that's why I get so disappointed and angry at the way the place is run.
What happened to Swansea on 23:03 - Aug 11 with 5656 viewskeeponrockin

What happened to Swansea on 22:53 - Aug 11 by Banosswan

Whilst not being as harsh as shimmie, he has a point. If all the ' decent ' people just run away, who's left to challenge the status quo?

What would you like to see change in Swansea?

I would first of all bull doze high street, I would scrap the extortionate parking charges & be extremely radical in relation to the town centre planning.

I would have zero tolerance policing to clean the streets up.

I would invest heavily in marketing and using our status as a premier league town, I would bring back the Tram for the Mumbles and get stalled projects moving.

I would shrink local gov, reduce local taxation.

Fundamentally I would advocate a dramatic shift in culture to 'can do' not talk, talk and more talk.

I could go on, but in reality not a chance in hell of my vision just like the roads it'll be patch and mend.
Login to get fewer ads

What happened to Swansea on 23:12 - Aug 11 with 5629 viewsjackportis

Do something about it then. Join the council, become an mp, become independent?

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

What happened to Swansea on 23:17 - Aug 11 with 5614 viewsshimmie

I moved away 18 years ago and apart from a year in 2003-2004 i haven't "lived" in swansea since 1996. I'm back at least monthly though and get the same sinking feeling whenever I leave to drive back to London. Try driving through Peckham and tell me swansea is rough.

Is swansea perfect? Is it f uck. Does the walking through the town centre on a Tuesday afternoon depress me? Yes. But to me its part of its charm. You've come across with an arrogance that you're better than swansea (and this board for the most part) ever since the jackarmy.net days. Hence my eloquent initial reply.
What happened to Swansea on 23:26 - Aug 11 with 5581 viewsSwanjaxs

What happened to Swansea on 23:03 - Aug 11 by keeponrockin

I would first of all bull doze high street, I would scrap the extortionate parking charges & be extremely radical in relation to the town centre planning.

I would invest heavily in marketing and using our status as a premier league town, I would bring back the Tram for the Mumbles and get stalled projects moving.

Fundamentally I would advocate a dramatic shift in culture to 'can do' not talk, talk and more talk.

I could go on, but in reality not a chance in hell of my vision just like the roads it'll be patch and mend.

Aww boo hoo, dry your eyes mate, Jack and proud me, if you can't stand your own manor that much then fack off somewhere else isit

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

What happened to Swansea on 07:06 - Aug 12 with 5479 viewsymaohyd

I've just spent a weird hour or so on Google map looking at Tiburon, in California. It's where Robin Williams (who I'm sure we are all aware by now passed away last night), lived.

The reason for the morbid fascination is that I've been there and had forgotten about it and at the time didn't know that Robin Williams lived there.

I've been fortunate to do a lot of travelling and must say that San Fransisco is one of my favourite places that I've ever been to. On the night in question had a boat from Fisherman's Wharf in San Fransico over to Tiburon, a meal in the marina there and back by coach over the Golden Gate Bridge...I'll never forget it.

Why the hell am i going on about San Fransico? I don't really know. The message that I will hopefully impart on my daughter is to work hard at school and travel and see the world. You then realise in equal measure how wonderful Swansea is and also how much of a shi* hole Swansea is.

When you move away you realise the small mindedness that exists. But you know what, for all the multi million dollar mansions that I saw in Tiburon, across the bay in San Fransico the same shi* and worse goes on as in Swansea. Very dodgy in the night, no go areas. Far worse than Swansea. But the good points.....superb!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

What happened to Swansea on 08:36 - Aug 12 with 5388 viewsajackslad

Wife and youngest daughter went to Swansea last Saturday.

A woman in a speeding car nearly knocked them over (literally an inch away from collision). The car driver then reversed, almost colliding with them again, she then parked on double yellow lines. As she got out of the car she noticed my wife looking at her in astonishment, and uttered the words 'You got a problem!'. My wife politely told her what the problem was, needless to say the response from this moron was unrepeatable.

A while later as wife and daughter walked along a pavement a woman barged into them (her fault). No apology from woman, just a 'you should look where you are going' comment from this oik.

Wife and daughter felt quite upset about the whole thing.

We had considered moving up to Swansea to be with the family, but over the last few years we've seen the city centre deterioate and it has put us off to a degree.

Swansea has the potential to be a great city, but it does need a serious clean up and some joined up vision.

Northern Soul DJ on Seabreeze AM https://radioseabreeze.nl/

What happened to Swansea on 08:44 - Aug 12 with 5370 viewsJackSomething

What happened to Swansea on 23:03 - Aug 11 by keeponrockin

I don't disagree with a lot of what you've said there.

I take it though, that should you get to such a position, you'd be contributing some of your presumably vast personal wealth to pay for all that? Otherwise you may have a wee problem with funding.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

What happened to Swansea on 08:51 - Aug 12 with 5337 viewsperchrockjack

you ever considered moving back Luke. Serious question like/

Rhosili is Gower and wasn't really ever Swansea arguably hitherto.

Its not what most people see especially on business trips or to see family.

Gower has now become a sad excuse for the deficiencies and the sate of Swansea.

JEEZ, ANOTHER POST slagging Swansea off eh..Summat s up

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

What happened to Swansea on 08:55 - Aug 12 with 5330 viewsepaul

What happened to Swansea on 07:06 - Aug 12 by ymaohyd

I've just spent a weird hour or so on Google map looking at Tiburon, in California. It's where Robin Williams (who I'm sure we are all aware by now passed away last night), lived.

The reason for the morbid fascination is that I've been there and had forgotten about it and at the time didn't know that Robin Williams lived there.

I've been fortunate to do a lot of travelling and must say that San Fransisco is one of my favourite places that I've ever been to. On the night in question had a boat from Fisherman's Wharf in San Fransico over to Tiburon, a meal in the marina there and back by coach over the Golden Gate Bridge...I'll never forget it.

Why the hell am i going on about San Fransico? I don't really know. The message that I will hopefully impart on my daughter is to work hard at school and travel and see the world. You then realise in equal measure how wonderful Swansea is and also how much of a shi* hole Swansea is.

When you move away you realise the small mindedness that exists. But you know what, for all the multi million dollar mansions that I saw in Tiburon, across the bay in San Fransico the same shi* and worse goes on as in Swansea. Very dodgy in the night, no go areas. Far worse than Swansea. But the good points.....superb!

As disappointed as I was the other week coming off the train to see the sad state of the High St, nothing can ever beat the fact that I walked out of the old mans flat virtually crossed the road and strolled along the beach. I've been living away from Swansea for 20 years now, but it still is and always will be home and a very special place to me, even though I don't think I'll ever come back home permanently what with where my kids and grandkids live,

San Fran is an awesome place even though my memories of it are somewhat hazy given I went there back in 90

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

What happened to Swansea on 08:56 - Aug 12 with 5330 viewsClinton

There's a similar malaise affecting many towns and cities, in Britain certainly.
The op should take a look around other parts of the country and the world, he may find we're not so bad after all.
By all means if you find somewhere better, settle there and enjoy.
You'll have a job changing anything in the 'graveyard of ambition'. I was going to write more, but I think I'll just take the dog for a walk down the beach.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

What happened to Swansea on 08:59 - Aug 12 with 5321 viewsperchrockjack

It is always home in the heart and soul of us all. It why we get upset to see what s happened.

What s happened is mass neglect

Other cities true are worse but its Swansea we care about in this case

What happened to Swansea on 09:02 - Aug 12 with 5316 viewsJackSomething

What happened to Swansea on 08:51 - Aug 12 by perchrockjack

you ever considered moving back Luke. Serious question like/

Rhosili is Gower and wasn't really ever Swansea arguably hitherto.

Its not what most people see especially on business trips or to see family.

Gower has now become a sad excuse for the deficiencies and the sate of Swansea.

JEEZ, ANOTHER POST slagging Swansea off eh..Summat s up

The City Centre is not good, there is no arguing that.

When did Swansea being a good place to live become all about the city centre however? This isn't the 1950's, when everything was in the centre.

I live in St Thomas and barely visit the city centre. The supermarkets are not in the centre and I do a lot of my other shopping online or in a retail park around the city. We visit Swansea Bay to take our son for a walk along the front, my gym is next to where I work (not in the centre). When we go out to eat, it tends to be somewhere outside the city centre. It's a short drive to the beaches of Gower, the Beacons and Cardiff isn't far away if we want a bigger shopping choice (although we only do that once or twice a year).

The city centre needs sorting, no doubt. But saying you wouldn't live in or around the city because of it is an attitude living in the past.

What happened to Swansea on 09:06 - Aug 12 with 5306 viewsperchrockjack

LAST SENTENCE. Where haver I suggested that.

I would never move back as my wife /family are here plus I upset too many there.

Any riposte for the ORIGINAL poster or is it just me

What happened to Swansea on 09:10 - Aug 12 with 5301 viewsJackSomething

What happened to Swansea on 09:06 - Aug 12 by perchrockjack

LAST SENTENCE. Where haver I suggested that.

I would never move back as my wife /family are here plus I upset too many there.

Any riposte for the ORIGINAL poster or is it just me

Apologies Perch, didn't mean to quote anyone on that post. It was directed at a few comments on this thread, not you in particular.

What happened to Swansea on 09:19 - Aug 12 with 5278 viewsperchrockjack

NO need JS.

Difference between you and the chap Im currently having a spat with (trying to help really) is that you have grace.
We aint gonna agree but I feel we ve got mutual respect.

I LL PM YOU

What happened to Swansea on 09:24 - Aug 12 with 5266 viewsperchrockjack

Been to Peckam, Bermondsey too and Thornton HEATH .Arrogant? Possibly but so do you. ITS PROBABLY SELF CONFIDENCE and chutzpah.

Swansea, never was perfect but what we/Ihave said its been badly let down.

THATS ALL LUKE LA

What happened to Swansea on 09:32 - Aug 12 with 5248 viewsJackSomething

What happened to Swansea on 09:24 - Aug 12 by perchrockjack

Been to Peckam, Bermondsey too and Thornton HEATH .Arrogant? Possibly but so do you. ITS PROBABLY SELF CONFIDENCE and chutzpah.

Swansea, never was perfect but what we/Ihave said its been badly let down.

THATS ALL LUKE LA

Mate, there's a few things on here you cannot argue with:

Shaky will keep an argument going until he's bored everyone else to tears.

ECB will give us his liberal viewpoint on political topics.

Warwick will correct peoples' grammar with a pithy putdown.

I'll use 100 words when 10 would do.

You can add to that list that Rockin is arrogant. Intelligent? Absolutely. But also arrogant.

What happened to Swansea on 09:35 - Aug 12 with 5237 viewsdickythorpe

Did anyone see the Hairy Bikers in South Korea? There's an example of a country that had feck all and built itself up.

Somehow I think the "Welsh" apathy towards big ideas and success is a huge stumbling block.

"Wales/Swansea isnt profitable" I hear.......Well maybe we need to show that it is!!

Quite how Is why I probably work in a warehouse and not sit at local authority board meetings.

But some out there must have ideas that can work?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024