Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... 19:29 - Sep 28 with 3779 viewsVetchitBack

...next Saturday v Newcastle.

I take it Llangyfelach Road/M4 West is preferrable over Coopers Inn roundabout/Ffordd Cwm Tawe/Morriston/Ynysforgan Roundabout/Pontardawe way in terms of avoiding traffic?

Or maybe not? Any Ammanford Jacks or generally knowledgable drivers know the answer?

Much obliged.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 19:31 - Sep 28 with 2681 viewsJackfath

I would go Morrisons, Save Britain Money, Wyevale, Fendrod Lake, Smyths toys, up through Morriston, up Clasemont road and onto the motorway at llangyfelach.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 19:37 - Sep 28 with 2660 viewsmorningstar

Up to Brynhyfryd square, straight up llangyfelach road and onto the M4. for sure.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 19:40 - Sep 28 with 2637 viewsJackfath

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 19:37 - Sep 28 by morningstar

Up to Brynhyfryd square, straight up llangyfelach road and onto the M4. for sure.

I wonder where the OP is leaving his car. That would have a big effect on the solution to his route puzzler.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 19:41 - Sep 28 with 2638 viewsVetchitBack

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 19:31 - Sep 28 by Jackfath

I would go Morrisons, Save Britain Money, Wyevale, Fendrod Lake, Smyths toys, up through Morriston, up Clasemont road and onto the motorway at llangyfelach.

Thanks Jackfath.

I should have probably added my car will be near my Mams in Manselton so I'd sort of avoid the immediate vicinity if going Llangyfelach though I normally go Pontardawe way. I can't imagine the traffic going West will quite as bad as East but Llangyfelach can be a nightmare.

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 19:45 - Sep 28 with 2615 viewsVetchitBack

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 19:37 - Sep 28 by morningstar

Thanks mate thought so just a pretty new driver and never normally combine football with driving

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 19:47 - Sep 28 with 2603 viewsVetchitBack

Thanks mate thought so just a pretty new driver and never normally combine football with driving

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 19:47 - Sep 28 with 2601 viewsmorningstar

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 19:40 - Sep 28 by Jackfath

I wonder where the OP is leaving his car. That would have a big effect on the solution to his route puzzler.

Well it's in Manselton so quite clearly cancels your route out!

So therefore I would say up Carmarthen Road and join the M4 at J47 at Penllargaer.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 19:53 - Sep 28 with 2568 viewsGTCJack

I work in Manselton, live in Ammanford and without a doubt it's the quickest route to go up through Llanyfelach Road. Avoid the junction on Eaton Road for a quick exit though.

If you were that afraid of traffic you could go over the mountain past Morriston Hospital, past Felindre?
Login to get fewer ads

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 19:56 - Sep 28 with 2554 viewsVetchitBack

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 19:53 - Sep 28 by GTCJack

I work in Manselton, live in Ammanford and without a doubt it's the quickest route to go up through Llanyfelach Road. Avoid the junction on Eaton Road for a quick exit though.

If you were that afraid of traffic you could go over the mountain past Morriston Hospital, past Felindre?

Does having to be somewhere by a certain time make me "afraid of traffic"?

Interesting!

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 20:06 - Sep 28 with 2519 viewsVetchitBack

In other news how do I delete a post? (Fackin iPad!)

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 20:08 - Sep 28 with 2504 viewsJackfath

Can you give me a lift to Gorseinon after the match?

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 20:11 - Sep 28 with 2497 viewsVetchitBack

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 20:08 - Sep 28 by Jackfath

No I'm afraid for the same reason I started this thread need to get to Cwmgors ASAP.

Or did you just ask to make me squirm?!

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 20:29 - Sep 28 with 2422 viewsGTCJack

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 19:56 - Sep 28 by VetchitBack

Does having to be somewhere by a certain time make me "afraid of traffic"?

Interesting!

You want to avoid traffic - my apologies for using a different phrase. Shaln't bother in future!

As you're going to Cwmgors, go through Pontardawe.
Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 20:29 - Sep 28 with 2422 viewsmax936

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 19:47 - Sep 28 by morningstar

Well it's in Manselton so quite clearly cancels your route out!

So therefore I would say up Carmarthen Road and join the M4 at J47 at Penllargaer.

That's the best option, Caersalem on match day is a bastard, you can be queuing from the Kings right up to the ights at Caersalem.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 20:31 - Sep 28 with 2411 viewsmax936

Dangerous rd that narrow lane up past Shepards and beyond.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 20:33 - Sep 28 with 2395 viewsJackfath

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 20:31 - Sep 28 by max936

Dangerous rd that narrow lane up past Shepards and beyond.

Especially if the OP is scared of driving. Reversing in those lanes will bring on a panic attack.

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 20:41 - Sep 28 with 2371 viewsBanosswan

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 20:11 - Sep 28 by VetchitBack

No I'm afraid for the same reason I started this thread need to get to Cwmgors ASAP.

Or did you just ask to make me squirm?!

Cwmgors changes things drastically, go the Pontardawe way.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 20:41 - Sep 28 with 2366 viewsVetchitBack

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 20:33 - Sep 28 by Jackfath

Especially if the OP is scared of driving. Reversing in those lanes will bring on a panic attack.

I take it none of the regulars are available to wind up?

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 20:44 - Sep 28 with 2346 viewsJackfath

Liberty Stadium
Landore, Swansea SA1 2FA, United Kingdom
Continue to A4067
0.2 mi / 1 min
Follow A4067 to A474 in Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen
12.5 mi / 23 min

Sharp left onto A4067
0.2 mi

At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit and stay on A4067
Go through 6 roundabouts
7.1 mi

At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto A474
Go through 1 roundabout
0.3 mi

At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Swansea Rd/A474
0.2 mi

Turn left onto James St/A474
Continue to follow A474
4.7 mi

Cwmgors

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 20:45 - Sep 28 with 2345 viewsVetchitBack

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 20:41 - Sep 28 by Banosswan

Cwmgors changes things drastically, go the Pontardawe way.

Yeah very loose definition only just realised how far it is from Ammanford proper on google maps!

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 20:46 - Sep 28 with 2336 viewsJackfath

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 20:41 - Sep 28 by VetchitBack

I take it none of the regulars are available to wind up?

Not winding you up, trying to help you. I did a search on google maps for you and took the time to paste it here for you.

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 20:49 - Sep 28 with 2328 viewsperchrockjack

Wish I could go..

If requested I ll do a Liverpool City trip guide nearer the games

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 20:54 - Sep 28 with 2307 viewscrackerjack

We park in Brynhyfryd and go back via Llanyfelach Road and then over the mountain

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 21:37 - Sep 28 with 2206 viewsjackharris

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 20:08 - Sep 28 by Jackfath

Do you live in God's Town Gorseinon Jackfath?

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Driving to Ammanford immediately after a game... on 22:34 - Sep 28 with 2133 viewsstevethejack

A good place to park is past Brynhyfryd cross, around Hollett Road area, avoids the bottle-neck of Brynhyfryd Square, straight up to J46 then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024