Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One goal conceded 19:03 - Oct 2 with 1233 viewsAl_Bundy

In 5 home matches..!! has this been discussed? Great effort compared to last seasons leaky defence. Well done management
One goal conceded on 19:06 - Oct 2 with 1221 viewsStarsky

That was probably Neil Taylor's fault.

It's just the internet, init.

One goal conceded on 19:07 - Oct 2 with 1216 viewslonglostjack

Indeed. Well done Gary Monk but I hope you're not tempting fate Mr Bundy

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

One goal conceded on 19:11 - Oct 2 with 1197 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

An excellent record.

If we can sort out our strikers we may be treated to an excellent season.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

One goal conceded on 19:11 - Oct 2 with 1197 viewsAl_Bundy

One goal conceded on 19:07 - Oct 2 by longlostjack

Indeed. Well done Gary Monk but I hope you're not tempting fate Mr Bundy

I'm confident we'll see off Newcastle's blunt strike force

Eagerly awaiting Pardew's latest ramblings why they lost to us again.
One goal conceded on 19:23 - Oct 2 with 1160 viewsJacksview

Cue Spratty with his ML statistics
One goal conceded on 09:01 - Oct 3 with 985 viewsCTB184

One goal conceded on 19:11 - Oct 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

An excellent record.

If we can sort out our strikers we may be treated to an excellent season.

We scored the highest amount of goals (54) in the 13/14 season for all the teams who finished 9th or below (the second highest was 45). Hopefully we'll continue this trend along with our good defensive record so far.

Poll: Which two players do currently believe are the best Centre Midfield pairing?

One goal conceded on 09:03 - Oct 3 with 978 viewsNeath_Jack

One goal conceded on 19:11 - Oct 2 by Al_Bundy

I'm confident we'll see off Newcastle's blunt strike force

Eagerly awaiting Pardew's latest ramblings why they lost to us again.

That's put the kibosh on it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

One goal conceded on 09:33 - Oct 3 with 949 viewsoldcob

Our 'goals against' is down mainly to Fabs goalkeeping. Opposition shots at goal are limited because he claims the ball so well from crosses, thus not allowing it to reach opposition strikers. Its years since we had a keeper who commands the area like he does.
Login to get fewer ads

One goal conceded on 11:12 - Oct 3 with 892 viewslidojack

One goal conceded on 09:33 - Oct 3 by oldcob

Our 'goals against' is down mainly to Fabs goalkeeping. Opposition shots at goal are limited because he claims the ball so well from crosses, thus not allowing it to reach opposition strikers. Its years since we had a keeper who commands the area like he does.

Having a keeper who is dominant in the air can relieve so much pressure on the defence. It not only helps prevent corner/cross goals but gives the defence confidence to focus on other parts of the game. I think huge credit has to go to Fabianski for this.
One goal conceded on 12:28 - Oct 3 with 833 viewsSpratty

One goal conceded on 19:23 - Oct 2 by Jacksview

Cue Spratty with his ML statistics

No no it’s fair enough in so far as it might be considered a representative sample, outstanding record, Sousa would approve.

Of course it becomes more realistic when all our games are considered but still something to be very proud of and satisfying as we are spending more and more money on the team to be getting rewards for that so far.

Indeed overall last season the average goals conceded was a fair bit higher than in all our limited games so far. Surprisingly even more so after West Ham, even though by that time we had an almost fully fit team. Of course our major key injuries and massively congested fixture list prior to that must have taken it’s toll on our defence last season.

Conversely if you consider the same sample last season — the first 5 games — we actually scored over 60% more goals. However it would be churlish and wrong to conclude from that, that our strikers are not up to it this season, just as it might be to refer to our defence last season as leaky (when we were dealing with major key injuries and massively packed fixture lists). Just good to celebrate all the amazing things we achieve and look to build on them and equal or exceed them if we can.

I agree Fabianski has been brilliant for us.
One goal conceded on 20:31 - Oct 3 with 717 viewsGlyn1

And another thing! Last week was the first time that we haven't conceded an away goal in almost a year. Perhaps Taylor and Fed are making us more solid on the left?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024