Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friday Night Football - EPL 17:00 - Dec 12 with 2130 viewsChiswickjack4

BREAKING - next TV deal

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/dec/12/premier-league-friday-live-football
Friday Night Football - EPL on 17:08 - Dec 12 with 2095 viewsJackfath

There was a poster on here who was always speaking about getting Friday night prem games.

He was right all along.

Great news.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Friday Night Football - EPL on 17:36 - Dec 12 with 2031 viewsJoe_bradshaw

That's great so long as we don't get Newcastle, Sunderland or Hull away on a friday night. The Premier League want more away fans at games so hopefully they will consider that in fixtures planning.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Friday Night Football - EPL on 18:10 - Dec 12 with 1965 viewsDyfnant

Friday Night Football - EPL on 17:36 - Dec 12 by Joe_bradshaw

That's great so long as we don't get Newcastle, Sunderland or Hull away on a friday night. The Premier League want more away fans at games so hopefully they will consider that in fixtures planning.

Better than getting them on the Tuesday night fixture

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Friday Night Football - EPL on 18:15 - Dec 12 with 1954 viewsmarchamjack

Seriously pssd off with this as a s/t holding exile. 4pm ko's on Sunday are bad enough, but Friday night games will mean there's more chance of me missing the game than not. EPL don't give a fck about the fans generally so no surprise in this.

Amazed in this age that Saturday 3pm ko's have so far been held sacrosant. Won't be long no doubt...

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Friday Night Football - EPL on 18:24 - Dec 12 with 1928 viewsJBT95

I'm only in favour of Friday night games on weekends when there is no Monday night football.
Friday Night Football - EPL on 18:33 - Dec 12 with 1910 viewsDyfnant

Little extra here, http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30451616
I'd like to see the actual Premier league pay half of away supporters match ticket fees for these Friday night matches. Chicken feed to them

Friday Night Football - EPL on 18:36 - Dec 12 with 1899 viewsJackfath

Friday Night Football - EPL on 18:24 - Dec 12 by JBT95

I'm only in favour of Friday night games on weekends when there is no Monday night football.

Why? Surely by spreading the games over a number of days one gets to see more matches, whether live or on the telebox.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Friday Night Football - EPL on 18:56 - Dec 12 with 1865 viewsmarchamjack

Friday Night Football - EPL on 18:36 - Dec 12 by Jackfath

Why? Surely by spreading the games over a number of days one gets to see more matches, whether live or on the telebox.

puttinng matches on Friday nights, 5.30pm Saturday, 4pm Sunday and Monday night are nothing to do with enabling more fans to see more matches live, they are only about putting more matches on tv.

Login to get fewer ads

Friday Night Football - EPL on 19:09 - Dec 12 with 1840 viewsSwansNZ

I’d love Friday night games, but for away supporters in particular, I can see there might be some issues. But, TV rules, not just in football, same in all sports probably. They tend to play rugby here from Wednesday through to Sunday, for live TV.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Friday Night Football - EPL on 19:17 - Dec 12 with 1809 viewsMrSwan

Ideal if we play on a Friday i often see us lose on a Saturday and then await yet another loss the following Saturday but still get excited abut the game, playing on a Friday means it one less day to wait before losing.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Friday Night Football - EPL on 19:20 - Dec 12 with 1800 viewstomdickharry

Swansea to Manchester for a Friday night game M4:M5:M6: coaches leave at 9.00am.
Friday Night Football - EPL on 19:24 - Dec 12 with 1792 viewsDyfnant

Friday Night Football - EPL on 19:20 - Dec 12 by tomdickharry

Swansea to Manchester for a Friday night game M4:M5:M6: coaches leave at 9.00am.

Tidy. Much better than leaving at 0600 on a Saturday morning

Friday Night Football - EPL on 19:25 - Dec 12 with 1786 viewsDewi1jack

Friday Night Football - EPL on 18:15 - Dec 12 by marchamjack

Seriously pssd off with this as a s/t holding exile. 4pm ko's on Sunday are bad enough, but Friday night games will mean there's more chance of me missing the game than not. EPL don't give a fck about the fans generally so no surprise in this.

Amazed in this age that Saturday 3pm ko's have so far been held sacrosant. Won't be long no doubt...

This.
I know we've had a sh1te atmosphere with 11 am kick offs on a Sat or Sunday, but these would allow approximately (discounting normal mid week periods) an extra 60 odd games extra to be shown.
At least it means us ST holding exiles and those who don't work short hours can get to the games as well

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Friday Night Football - EPL on 20:43 - Dec 12 with 1682 viewsJBT95

Friday Night Football - EPL on 19:25 - Dec 12 by Dewi1jack

This.
I know we've had a sh1te atmosphere with 11 am kick offs on a Sat or Sunday, but these would allow approximately (discounting normal mid week periods) an extra 60 odd games extra to be shown.
At least it means us ST holding exiles and those who don't work short hours can get to the games as well

The only time we've kicked off before 12noon was against the scum and it wasn't a sh1te atmosphere.. that is for sure!
Friday Night Football - EPL on 20:46 - Dec 12 with 1669 viewsJBT95

Friday Night Football - EPL on 18:36 - Dec 12 by Jackfath

There isn't always a Monday night game due to the international breaks, league cup, prem games on Tues/Weds. If they had games on Fridays then I wouldn't mind so much. If they could have 5 of the 10 games on for each round of games (apart from midweek and the post Christmas period when they would probably need to be less) that would be the ideal amount in my opinion.

Personally less 3pm Saturday kick offs would make it a pain for me and those that use the train.
I am currently waiting on February TV fixtures to come out because I want to book Burnley away train tickets. 3pm Saturday is the only decent time to go there by train so if it is moved I won't be going. Even going to Swansea only 1245 & 1500 Saturday games are any good with the trains, even Sunday games the trains don't tie in as well. It's annoying.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2014 20:54]
Friday Night Football - EPL on 20:47 - Dec 12 with 1663 viewsJackfath

Friday Night Football - EPL on 18:56 - Dec 12 by marchamjack

puttinng matches on Friday nights, 5.30pm Saturday, 4pm Sunday and Monday night are nothing to do with enabling more fans to see more matches live, they are only about putting more matches on tv.

And therefore you'd be able to watch more matches?

Friday Night Football - EPL on 20:48 - Dec 12 with 1657 viewsJBT95

Friday Night Football - EPL on 20:47 - Dec 12 by Jackfath

I don't want to watch more matches. I don't watch all the ones on now.
Friday Night Football - EPL on 20:49 - Dec 12 with 1654 viewsDewi1jack

Friday Night Football - EPL on 20:43 - Dec 12 by JBT95

The only time we've kicked off before 12noon was against the scum and it wasn't a sh1te atmosphere.. that is for sure!

Think we had a sunday morning against them at the Morfa and it didn't seem as lively as others previously
Although I could have had a slight headache at the time, explaining that one

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Friday Night Football - EPL on 20:52 - Dec 12 with 1647 viewsJackfath

Friday Night Football - EPL on 20:48 - Dec 12 by JBT95

I don't want to watch more matches. I don't watch all the ones on now.

You need to think of the wider audience. More people able to watch us throughout the week which will equal more fans and more revenue.

Friday Night Football - EPL on 20:55 - Dec 12 with 1638 viewsmarchamjack

Friday Night Football - EPL on 20:47 - Dec 12 by Jackfath

but not live there in person, which is my point

I can already watch 100's of matches on tv, but there's only 19 home league games for the Swans I can see and I'll be watching less of them live with the move to Fridays

so no, I'll be watching less Swans matches live not more

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024