Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Replacement 17:07 - Jan 6 with 5753 viewsbkjack

Or is Gomes now going to be number 1. And am I the only one that thinks we still have a small mentality when it comes to selling players
Replacement on 17:11 - Jan 6 with 4551 viewsLeonisGod

Our mentality fits the size of our club unfortunately. We can't compete against the big teams in the CL (and Man U ). I don't think we should stand in the way of players who want to leave and as long as we continue to mug off clubs with deals like that for Joey, Ben/Vorm, then we'll keep heading in the right direction.
Replacement on 17:16 - Jan 6 with 4510 viewsTheFranchise

Even the Barcas and Reals are selling clubs.

The Bony transfer should it happen will highlight to other talented players what a good club we are to make a name for themselves.
Replacement on 17:27 - Jan 6 with 4455 viewsDanielswan

There must be some undiscovered gem in hiding in eastern Europe somewhere, just have to flog our scouts to find him.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Replacement on 17:29 - Jan 6 with 4444 viewsJBT95

Ched Evans.
Replacement on 17:31 - Jan 6 with 4422 viewsJethroJack

To the OP.
When you say.....we still have a small mentality when it comes to selling players....do you mean "we're a selling club"? If so, I don't agree for 3 reasons....

1. How many players have we sold during our recent rise and later regretted it?

2. When we do sell, we make sure we get a good deal....Trunds, Joey, Scotty, Brendan even!! Ben for Siggy. If Wilf goes, it'll be for nearly 3 times his purchase fee in a season & half.

3. Every club sells...and most not as successfully as we've managed to, so far at least.
Replacement on 17:36 - Jan 6 with 4387 viewsGorslasJack

I would like us to get Jordan Rhodes would be quite cheap about 7-10 million
Replacement on 17:48 - Jan 6 with 4338 viewsJBT95

Replacement on 17:31 - Jan 6 by JethroJack

To the OP.
When you say.....we still have a small mentality when it comes to selling players....do you mean "we're a selling club"? If so, I don't agree for 3 reasons....

1. How many players have we sold during our recent rise and later regretted it?

2. When we do sell, we make sure we get a good deal....Trunds, Joey, Scotty, Brendan even!! Ben for Siggy. If Wilf goes, it'll be for nearly 3 times his purchase fee in a season & half.

3. Every club sells...and most not as successfully as we've managed to, so far at least.

We even sold Graham for £1.5m more than we bought him for.
Replacement on 17:51 - Jan 6 with 4317 viewsJJJack

I think it's just you mate. You give no reasons to explain why you think this yet other posters have given numerous reasons why we are the exact opposite of a "selling" club. Spurs sold Bale, Modric, Carrick, Berbatov etc. Arsenal- RVP, Fabregas, Song, Adebayor etc. United sold Ronaldo, Welbeck . Newcastle - Owen, Cabaye etc.
Only Citeh and Chelsea don't "have" to sell players. Swansea do extraordinarily well in the transfer market and there is absolutely NO evidence to suggest we sell the wrong players at the wrong time or for the "wrong" amount. None at all. Examples?
Allen £15m
Davies - swop for Siggy
Sinclair £6m+
Scotland £2m
Trundle £1m
Login to get fewer ads

Replacement on 17:52 - Jan 6 with 4297 viewsQuakerJack

Replacement on 17:36 - Jan 6 by GorslasJack

I like Rhodes, although there are a number of players on more goals than him. Darryl Murphy has 17, Rhodes is on 9.

Would he fit our style?

I think he'd do well for us... I don't think we'll be buying him or anyone until the summer.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Replacement on 18:03 - Jan 6 with 4219 viewsswanduck

Can people start making discussions acting as if Bony has already left!! It makes me anxious then I actually read them to realise f all has happened!
Replacement on 18:04 - Jan 6 with 4217 viewsDrizzy

Gomis is going to be first choice. Look at his track record before he came here, three straight 20+ goal campaigns in all competitions. The French league is a higher standard than the Dutch league as well.

We haven't seen the best of him yet, a few bit part appearances along with one or two starts just isn't enough. Bony's all round play was quite poor when he first arrived, he looked unfit and his touch was sloppy but after Laudrup pulled his finger out and started playing him his quality became apparent. Have to hope the same happens with Gomis should he get a run of games.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Replacement on 18:06 - Jan 6 with 4189 viewsDarran

Replacement on 18:04 - Jan 6 by Drizzy

Gomis is going to be first choice. Look at his track record before he came here, three straight 20+ goal campaigns in all competitions. The French league is a higher standard than the Dutch league as well.

We haven't seen the best of him yet, a few bit part appearances along with one or two starts just isn't enough. Bony's all round play was quite poor when he first arrived, he looked unfit and his touch was sloppy but after Laudrup pulled his finger out and started playing him his quality became apparent. Have to hope the same happens with Gomis should he get a run of games.

Great post that.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Replacement on 18:08 - Jan 6 with 4166 viewsBloodyhills

As a club we have a mentality that is way beyond our size, without it we would not be in the Premier in the first place. However we also keep reality in check which prevents us from exploding like Portsmouth, Leeds, and mayb Cardiff.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Replacement on 18:17 - Jan 6 with 4109 viewsDaggyjack

Replacement on 17:36 - Jan 6 by GorslasJack

Yes, buy Rhodes, so he can't score against us in the F A Cup!
Replacement on 18:21 - Jan 6 with 4088 viewsJethroJack

The signs were there on Saturday, albeit it was Tranmere, but there's no denying....the signs were there....great movement, awareness, two-footed, clinical finishing, even a bit of arrogance with his 2nd. As always, all it takes is confidence to pull it all together.
Replacement on 18:47 - Jan 6 with 3972 viewsDr_Winston

We'll be fine seeing out the season with Gomis (assuming he's not off as well) and Oliveira. Lot of good things being said about him too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Replacement on 19:23 - Jan 6 with 3880 viewsItchySphincter

Well said Newp.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Replacement on 19:32 - Jan 6 with 3831 views3swan

Replacement on 18:47 - Jan 6 by Dr_Winston

We'll be fine seeing out the season with Gomis (assuming he's not off as well) and Oliveira. Lot of good things being said about him too.

If Wilf is off, and Bafe stays, then there is nearly 1/2 a season for him to prove his worth.

If not we know what we need to do in the summer
Replacement on 19:32 - Jan 6 with 3826 viewsskippyjack

I hope Bony goes for 30 million with Remy coming in
And I hope somebody stumps up 7 million for Gomis
Shelvey can leave for 10 million an all
Offload Dwight and Richards..
Sell Michu for 3 million to La Liga

Buy two full backs
And a CDM hard f*cker

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Replacement on 19:36 - Jan 6 with 3796 viewsLeonisGod

Replacement on 17:52 - Jan 6 by QuakerJack

I like Rhodes, although there are a number of players on more goals than him. Darryl Murphy has 17, Rhodes is on 9.

Would he fit our style?

I think he'd do well for us... I don't think we'll be buying him or anyone until the summer.

Blimey, that quite reactionist. It's Murphy's first good season in how many years? His partner McGoldrick couldn't stop scoring last year but has been very quiet this. These are just good Chsmpionship players imo who blow hot and cold and wouldn't be anything special in the Prem (sort of like Nugent or Chopra earlier on).

Rhodes lacks pace, whether that would go against him I don't know. I'm surprised someone hasn't taken a punt as at least he's got a lot of football ahead of him unlike Murphy.

Think we can do better than both.
Replacement on 11:50 - Jan 7 with 3441 viewsScotia

We signed Bonys' replacement in the Summer, in the shape of Gomis, then we signed Olivera to provide cover for him. It just looks like he's leaving one transfer window later.
If we signed anyone now the price would be vastly inflated. Cracking bit of business by the board.

I can see us getting Naughton now and that'll be that.
Replacement on 12:49 - Jan 7 with 3280 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Replacement on 18:47 - Jan 6 by Dr_Winston

Saw a video of the Swans training earlier and was pleasantly surprised to see that Oliveira looks stockier than I was expecting. I assumed we'd have a stereotypical effete Iberian on our hands (again), but he at least looks physically up to the job*

*...I have yet to see him kick a football...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Replacement on 13:29 - Jan 7 with 3169 viewsBloodyhills

Replacement on 19:32 - Jan 6 by skippyjack

I hope Bony goes for 30 million with Remy coming in
And I hope somebody stumps up 7 million for Gomis
Shelvey can leave for 10 million an all
Offload Dwight and Richards..
Sell Michu for 3 million to La Liga

Buy two full backs
And a CDM hard f*cker

I so agree with the need for a hard b@astard central midfielder so that we don't get bullied by the likes of Stoke n the Hammers.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Replacement on 13:42 - Jan 7 with 3141 viewstylagarwjack

Replacement on 11:50 - Jan 7 by Scotia

We signed Bonys' replacement in the Summer, in the shape of Gomis, then we signed Olivera to provide cover for him. It just looks like he's leaving one transfer window later.
If we signed anyone now the price would be vastly inflated. Cracking bit of business by the board.

I can see us getting Naughton now and that'll be that.

There is the argument though that we need three strikers and I don't really see Barrow or Emnes as viable lone striker options against Premier League defences.

If we only have Gomis and Oliveira then we are only one injury away from being really down to the bare bones, and yes, we were in the same position in the first half of the season and we got away with it, no guarantees we would again.

I know we are unlikely to go down but if we just have the two strikers (and both still have to prove they can score regularly in the Premier League) then it could be a long 2nd half to the season if they don't step up, it would also harm our chances of giving the FA cup a good go (I know we'd need luck with the draw to do this also).

Knowing how the board work, even though we'll have sold high (assuming it happens) they still won't want to buy a bit higher (while availability of players is an issue in January, if you're willing to stump up the money every player has his price), and while I don't necessarily disagree with this, I can also see the potential downside of this approach.

Is there a case for getting another player in on loan, and then looking to replace Bony properly in the summer?
[Post edited 7 Jan 2015 13:47]
Replacement on 19:19 - Jan 7 with 2910 viewsmax936

Messi, could be available soon, but we'll need to pay Barca 250 million euro and pay him around 440 million euro in wages over 5yrs, Huw get the cheque book out bach
[Post edited 7 Jan 2015 19:22]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024