Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS 18:04 - Feb 20 with 10039 viewsAquinas

Three girls are thought to be trying to go to Syria to join ISIS... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31554844

When a 15 year was caught on a plane attempting to join ISIS in December she was stopped by anti-terrorism police and returned to her family. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11299128/Girl-15-stop

My questions are -

Should these girls be allowed to just return to their families in the UK despite their radical views?

Should they be charged with terror-related offences and sent to juvenile prison like they would if they were over 18 or men?
These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 21:29 - Feb 22 with 2369 viewsDyfnant

Wouldn't be surprised if these girls have been pressurised by the families to go, do their duty

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 21:57 - Feb 22 with 2355 viewsBrynmill_Jack

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 16:44 - Feb 22 by Nookiejack

In the spirit of getting the right balance and not only challenging the Islamic religion.

Do you remember Dave Allen the Irish Comedian - commenting about the talking snake in the bible - with regards to the Adam and Eve story - and then in court you put your hand on the bible and swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Christianity for example lived through life of Brian, The Last Temptation of Christ and Dave Allen etc etc but nobody decided to kill anyone over any of them.

It's almost as if when Islam is satirized the Laity all take on the mantle of God himself and get all offended FOR him.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 22:14 - Feb 22 with 2330 viewsNookiejack

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 21:29 - Feb 22 by Dyfnant

Wouldn't be surprised if these girls have been pressurised by the families to go, do their duty

Yes didn't think about that. They say that is the case with a number of suicide bombers. If they don't do it their families will be killed. Chilling.
These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 00:28 - Feb 23 with 2300 viewsBrynmill_Jack

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 21:29 - Feb 22 by Dyfnant

No I don't think any right minded parent would send 15 year old girls into a war zone. It smacks of Jihadi grooming to me.

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 01:00 - Feb 23 with 2280 viewsNookiejack

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 22:14 - Feb 22 by Nookiejack

Yes didn't think about that. They say that is the case with a number of suicide bombers. If they don't do it their families will be killed. Chilling.

Should have qualified my comment by saying families might have been put under pressure with threats.

It appears tonight from the press that they were groomed. One of them apparently following 70 extremists on Twitter Accounts.

The trouble is if you have been indoctrinated into a religion all your life - without receiving wider thoughts and ideas - maybe easy to start following people who you think have same religion as yourself - on social media. Then you get groomed. Then you end up in a war zone. Terrifying for them as they don't realise what they have got themselves into and thoughts tonight for their families - who must be petrified for their children.
These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 07:20 - Feb 23 with 2263 viewsLohengrin

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 01:00 - Feb 23 by Nookiejack

Should have qualified my comment by saying families might have been put under pressure with threats.

It appears tonight from the press that they were groomed. One of them apparently following 70 extremists on Twitter Accounts.

The trouble is if you have been indoctrinated into a religion all your life - without receiving wider thoughts and ideas - maybe easy to start following people who you think have same religion as yourself - on social media. Then you get groomed. Then you end up in a war zone. Terrifying for them as they don't realise what they have got themselves into and thoughts tonight for their families - who must be petrified for their children.

On the other hand these three may be just as fanatical, if not more so, than those that they sought out on-line. I've not seen or read anything that leads me to suppose that these are young innocents been led away by the bogeyman.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 11:11 - Feb 23 with 2224 viewsBrynmill_Jack

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 07:20 - Feb 23 by Lohengrin

On the other hand these three may be just as fanatical, if not more so, than those that they sought out on-line. I've not seen or read anything that leads me to suppose that these are young innocents been led away by the bogeyman.

I take your point but it still shows more of a grooming by randy jihadists looking for young women to dominate , shag at will and then do all the housework and maybe the odd suicide bombing because these men's lives are worth far more to the Caliphate than their worthless female forms.

They're just impressionable naive fifteen year old girls from the east end. The school, hackney Academy I think it's called is mixed and no Madrassa so either the parents encouraged the three of them to go because the caliphate was holding a gun to their heads even though the caliphate is 3000 or so miles away or these kids wanted to follow a friend who had already gone out there some months earlier and all the while being groomed by said jihadists

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 12:26 - Feb 23 with 2213 viewsNookiejack

I would assume the Police will be able to track down how they purchased/were supplied with the airline tickets? Did the Jihadis buy the tickets in their names then post them the tickets? Or did they send them the funds through? But if they did that would have to pay cash for the tickets? Unless one of them had a children's account at a bank - so could have paid for them online or with a respective debit card?

I also though that you couldn't fly if you were unde 16 without an Adult with you? Wouldn't have all the security checks picked this up?
Login to get fewer ads

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 12:56 - Feb 23 with 2191 viewsBrynmill_Jack

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 12:26 - Feb 23 by Nookiejack

I would assume the Police will be able to track down how they purchased/were supplied with the airline tickets? Did the Jihadis buy the tickets in their names then post them the tickets? Or did they send them the funds through? But if they did that would have to pay cash for the tickets? Unless one of them had a children's account at a bank - so could have paid for them online or with a respective debit card?

I also though that you couldn't fly if you were unde 16 without an Adult with you? Wouldn't have all the security checks picked this up?

Perhaps some people get checked more often than others..........................
I wonder if they were wearing the full on Burkha?

A disgrace that they were even allowed to check in, let alone leave the country.

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 15:45 - Feb 23 with 2162 viewsBrynmill_Jack

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 12:56 - Feb 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Perhaps some people get checked more often than others..........................

A disgrace that they were even allowed to check in, let alone leave the country.

Unaccompanied and at such a young age and when other youngsters have done exactly the same thing (I should add)

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 15:52 - Feb 23 with 2154 viewsNookiejack

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 15:45 - Feb 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Unaccompanied and at such a young age and when other youngsters have done exactly the same thing (I should add)

Yes it really does make you think.

Turkey is the main border crossing used by ISIS to get into Syria. So you would think our security services would be monitoring all the passengers flying to Turkey - and so picking up unaccompanied minors.
These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 16:07 - Feb 23 with 2145 viewsDyfnant

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 12:26 - Feb 23 by Nookiejack

One of the group is 16 I believe.

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 16:32 - Feb 23 with 2136 viewsNookiejack

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 16:07 - Feb 23 by Dyfnant

One of the group is 16 I believe.

Fair enough that would seem to explain it. The 16 year old must have said that the other 2 minors were travelling with her.
These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 17:00 - Feb 23 with 2117 viewsDyfnant

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 16:32 - Feb 23 by Nookiejack

Fair enough that would seem to explain it. The 16 year old must have said that the other 2 minors were travelling with her.

Still relied on a parent to give them access to a passport though

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 17:10 - Feb 23 with 2114 viewsNookiejack

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 17:00 - Feb 23 by Dyfnant

Still relied on a parent to give them access to a passport though

Wouldn't the Jihadis that have groomed them explained to the three teenagers - that they all needed their passport details to fly. So would have just got it from say the draw/cupboard where the passports were kept - without parent knowing.

Perhaps also the parent who thought his daughter was going to a wedding was tricked into giving his daughter her passport details? Although maybe she didn't mention she was going out of the country and just got the passport details out of the draw where the passports were kept for example?

Gosh we are being a bit forensic here
These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 11:53 - Feb 24 with 2043 viewsFlashberryjack

Personaly I think this country is better off without the three of them......the only disgrace is if they're ever left back into this country.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2015 12:07]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 13:23 - Feb 24 with 2022 viewsNookiejack

There now seems to be an argument between UK and Turkey with regards to Turkey claiming they were only told by UK about the teenage girls disappearance 3 days after they went missing - whereas UK say it was 24 hours.

I am not really interested in this issue at the moment - until understand how UK let girls slip away to Turkey in first place.
These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 13:54 - Feb 24 with 2012 viewsNookiejack

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 20:00 - Feb 22 by Lohengrin

Here you go...

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/139143/a-deeply-sinister

.........I know I must move on from this newsagents issue.

But here's a question for Lohengrin - would the UK security services have asked each of the 3 separate independent UK police forces (Wiltshere, Wales and Chehsire) to undertake the research at the newsagents?

Or would each of the 3 police forces independently of each other - start collecting this information. Who drove this?
These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 14:52 - Feb 24 with 2000 viewsLohengrin

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 13:54 - Feb 24 by Nookiejack

.........I know I must move on from this newsagents issue.

But here's a question for Lohengrin - would the UK security services have asked each of the 3 separate independent UK police forces (Wiltshere, Wales and Chehsire) to undertake the research at the newsagents?

Or would each of the 3 police forces independently of each other - start collecting this information. Who drove this?

My honest opinion? There's not a chance in Hell that three seperate Police authorities would have decided, independently just on the spur of the moment to collect names and addresses of subscribers to a publication. My gut feeling is that this is as a result of some under-the-counter directive from the DCLG.

It's an odiferous development. I know it's a cliche but this really is Orwellian. We know now that there are people, publically funded, compiling files on their fellow citizens perfectly legal reading habits no doubt with a view to placing them on some sort of a Watchlist. Think of the implications of that.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 15:14 - Feb 24 with 1993 viewsNookiejack

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 14:52 - Feb 24 by Lohengrin

My honest opinion? There's not a chance in Hell that three seperate Police authorities would have decided, independently just on the spur of the moment to collect names and addresses of subscribers to a publication. My gut feeling is that this is as a result of some under-the-counter directive from the DCLG.

It's an odiferous development. I know it's a cliche but this really is Orwellian. We know now that there are people, publically funded, compiling files on their fellow citizens perfectly legal reading habits no doubt with a view to placing them on some sort of a Watchlist. Think of the implications of that.

Yes why were three separate Police authorities doing this at the same time?
These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 17:17 - Feb 24 with 1953 viewsQuakerJack

It's not very often I read a thread and find myself agreeing with anything Lohengrin's said, let alone every word. In fact, it's never. I have to say however that I do here.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 17:41 - Feb 24 with 1938 viewsdailew

Should be given assisted passage out there and their passports cancelled and never allowed to return.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/if-teenage-girls-want-to-join-isis-i
[Post edited 24 Feb 2015 17:52]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 18:56 - Feb 24 with 1912 viewsNookiejack

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 17:41 - Feb 24 by dailew

Should be given assisted passage out there and their passports cancelled and never allowed to return.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/if-teenage-girls-want-to-join-isis-i
[Post edited 24 Feb 2015 17:52]

Very interesting Independent article and covered most of the issues debated on this thread
These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 20:37 - Feb 24 with 1882 viewsperchrockjack

I hope they have packed plenty of ladies lube as they re gonna need it

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 01:24 - Feb 25 with 1801 viewsLord_Bony

These teenage girls travelling to join ISIS on 14:52 - Feb 24 by Lohengrin

Of course we re being monitored in this country.Theres a basic profile of all of us and our internet political leanings.

In the U.S. of course it s taken to a whole new level...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024