Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Villa fans on pitch 19:40 - Mar 7 with 6580 viewsBobJack

I know we have done it a fair few times over the years, but for a Prem team and local derby, it looked like too few stewards / police.

Hope it all passed safely for the players.

Hope this doesn't detract too much from Villas win and great goal by Scotty. Villa fans ( like any others) won't care, they won..... questions should be asked though, one really bad assault on a player and all prem games will be behind wire netting etc.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Villa fans on pitch on 19:42 - Mar 7 with 4437 viewsScoobyWho

In the 70's it was done persistently at Hereford in the same competition and it is looked back as affectionate supporting of a team.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Villa fans on pitch on 19:43 - Mar 7 with 4437 viewsunion_jack

There will be repercussions without a doubt.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Villa fans on pitch on 19:53 - Mar 7 with 4378 viewsmacthejack

I don't have a problem with people doing it at full time but doing it during the game is a bit stupid.

On the other hand how embarrassing to celebrate winning a quarter final like that, it's also one of the sh*ttest derbies in football.

Villa are a sh*t club with sh*t fans who play sh*t football. I hope they get relegated.
Villa fans on pitch on 19:53 - Mar 7 with 4377 viewsBobJack

Villa were 2 up and never looked like losing in the end, but if it was just 1-0, and pitch invasions undoubtedly unsettle away players ( WBA, in this case), then appeals and all sorts could come into the game. Which i would not want to see.

Security was seriously lacking for such a fixture.

Villa fans on pitch on 19:57 - Mar 7 with 4348 viewsDarran

Yeah if we'd just beaten Cardiff at home in the cup to go to Wembley I'm sure everyone would have just sat there clapping.
Passionless tw*ts are ruining the game

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Villa fans on pitch on 19:57 - Mar 7 with 4345 viewslonglostjack

Two great posts by Bobjack and Scooby - one from the head and one from the heart.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Villa fans on pitch on 20:02 - Mar 7 with 4308 viewsBloodyhills

Villa fans on pitch on 19:57 - Mar 7 by Darran

Yeah if we'd just beaten Cardiff at home in the cup to go to Wembley I'm sure everyone would have just sat there clapping.

Should wait to fulltime, simples.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Villa fans on pitch on 20:03 - Mar 7 with 4302 viewslonglostjack

Bang on - just got down from the fence

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Villa fans on pitch on 20:20 - Mar 7 with 4223 viewsBobJack

Villa fans on pitch on 20:02 - Mar 7 by Bloodyhills

Should wait to fulltime, simples.

I think even this ( after match pitch celebration) will be stamped out in time due to the risk to players / ref.

Until all players and officials are cleared from potential danger.

Groundsman would be happy. I did a tour of the Liberty a few years back and no fans allowed to step on the pitch then for a better photo. Imagine their horror at a pitch invasion / celebration.

Not saying I have never done it - but can't see it continuing at Prem level.

Villa fans on pitch on 21:39 - Mar 7 with 4041 viewscackinthesackjack

[Post edited 7 Mar 2015 21:39]

Poll: To replace or not to replace Garry Monk?

Villa fans on pitch on 22:06 - Mar 7 with 3988 viewsswans11

Supposed to be fun to celebrate unfortunately every club will have idiots who spoil it. think bit over top to do it when all done is get to a semifinal of a cup unless you are a small lower league team who has just beaten a big team
Villa fans on pitch on 00:16 - Mar 8 with 3846 viewsRancid

Wasn't it Villa fans who played up live on the Beeb v United in the cup a few years ago? It was odd to see and reminded me of the Scotland fans invading Wembley all those years ago.It even had the proverbial crossbar orangutangs.Talk about an overreaction though.They only beat West Brom at home and carried on like they'd beaten Brazil in a world cup final ffsl.I bet there'll be a few more incidents in the next few weeks at differtent grounds after this too.
Villa fans on pitch on 05:57 - Mar 8 with 3746 viewsImAlrightJack

Villa fans on pitch on 00:16 - Mar 8 by Rancid

Wasn't it Villa fans who played up live on the Beeb v United in the cup a few years ago? It was odd to see and reminded me of the Scotland fans invading Wembley all those years ago.It even had the proverbial crossbar orangutangs.Talk about an overreaction though.They only beat West Brom at home and carried on like they'd beaten Brazil in a world cup final ffsl.I bet there'll be a few more incidents in the next few weeks at differtent grounds after this too.

First thing I was thinking of was those Scottish fans on the goalposts after beating England.

Very small time considering the level the derby is at these days. They have a survival battle to win yet!.
Villa fans on pitch on 08:44 - Mar 8 with 3634 viewsrob

This.
Villa fans on pitch on 08:50 - Mar 8 with 3622 viewsDarran

Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewellery.

F*cking morons are killing the game.

Villa fans on pitch on 09:04 - Mar 8 with 3594 viewsKilkennyjack

Its about player safety not passion. I would ban every person recognisable from video, just like one swans fan was from cuddling mcloed some years back, for the 'during game' invasion. I would reduce their wembley ticket allocation by a significant percentage - 30 per cent ?. I would make their next 3 fa cup games at home without any home fans. It was yob rule and it needs to be taken seriously. Punishment needs to hurt the fans and the finances of the club. And yes i was at Bury.

Beware of the Risen People

Villa fans on pitch on 09:09 - Mar 8 with 3579 viewsexiledclaseboy

Villa fans on pitch on 09:04 - Mar 8 by Kilkennyjack

Its about player safety not passion. I would ban every person recognisable from video, just like one swans fan was from cuddling mcloed some years back, for the 'during game' invasion. I would reduce their wembley ticket allocation by a significant percentage - 30 per cent ?. I would make their next 3 fa cup games at home without any home fans. It was yob rule and it needs to be taken seriously. Punishment needs to hurt the fans and the finances of the club. And yes i was at Bury.

Wow. Talk about an overreaction.

Poll: Tory leader

Villa fans on pitch on 09:18 - Mar 8 with 3558 viewsrob

Villa fans on pitch on 09:04 - Mar 8 by Kilkennyjack

The players were safe though. From what I've seen and read no WBA or Villa player was attacked or anything like that.

Give Villa a fine, and get over it. FA cup games at Villa park are brilliant, they should move the semi-finals back there.
Villa fans on pitch on 09:20 - Mar 8 with 3552 viewsJackfath

Villa fans on pitch on 09:18 - Mar 8 by rob

The players were safe though. From what I've seen and read no WBA or Villa player was attacked or anything like that.

Give Villa a fine, and get over it. FA cup games at Villa park are brilliant, they should move the semi-finals back there.

Delph was bitten.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Villa fans on pitch on 09:22 - Mar 8 with 3548 viewstwotimejack

Thank God for our chavs in the east then eh Daz.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2015 9:24]

Poll: Is Garry the right man to take the club on to the next level

Villa fans on pitch on 10:50 - Mar 8 with 3421 viewscentrestandswan

Villa fans on pitch on 09:20 - Mar 8 by Jackfath

Delph was bitten.

Doesn't say much for the burgers, and fans complain about the Liberty grub.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Villa fans on pitch on 11:22 - Mar 8 with 3367 viewsrob

Villa fans on pitch on 09:20 - Mar 8 by Jackfath

Delph was bitten.

Suarez?
Villa fans on pitch on 11:48 - Mar 8 with 3324 viewsdantheswansman

100% agree with this . but after the whistle has gone (running on pitch i mean) . doing before end of game shows a lack of respect for your teams players and the club in my humble opinion.
Villa fans on pitch on 11:49 - Mar 8 with 3321 viewsDarran

Villa fans on pitch on 11:48 - Mar 8 by dantheswansman

100% agree with this . but after the whistle has gone (running on pitch i mean) . doing before end of game shows a lack of respect for your teams players and the club in my humble opinion.

Like we did at Bury. 😂

Villa fans on pitch on 11:51 - Mar 8 with 3316 viewsmatt_the_jack

Villa fans on pitch on 11:49 - Mar 8 by Darran

Like we did at Bury. 😂

And Wrexham in the FAW Final, the last game at the Vetch

One again all Europe will hear, the Swansea City sound
Blog: Swans Away Days In Europe

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024