Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
stadium expansion 18:09 - Mar 10 with 6282 viewsJackArmy07

Will this be starting end of the season?

stadium expansion on 11:33 - Mar 11 with 2028 viewswhiterock

stadium expansion on 09:31 - Mar 11 by Andy1300

Can't really compare them to us though.

We need to extend, simple as that

No one wants expansion more than me, but as always, Swansea will do it the prudent way, getting the balance right is the key, we all want expansion, we all want to buy the stadium, we all want the best training facilities and top academy status, but the number 1 priority has to be staying in the PL

We have to extend, but its not as simple as that......
stadium expansion on 11:45 - Mar 11 with 1999 viewsPegojack

In this extremely low interest rate climate, it would seem a bank loan to fund expansion would be the best option, but of course we don't own our own ground and therefore have very little by way of security to offer a provider, other than the promise of potential future revenues, which as we all know could go pop if we were relegated.
Stadium expansion on 11:58 - Mar 11 with 1981 viewsairedale

Don't know what happened to this post, but what I tried to say was:

I have confidence that our board will make the correct decision regarding expansion, and that it will take place as soon as it's practically and prudently possible.

Interesting next few years ahead imo.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2015 13:13]
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:58 - Mar 11 with 1981 viewsairedale

stadium expansion on 12:54 - Mar 11 with 1910 viewsJack1

Has anyone else had an email today from the club asking for opinions on expansion? From what I could see from mine it was sent to all season ticket holders who have renewed for next season. Received about 40mins ago
stadium expansion on 13:13 - Mar 11 with 1880 viewspencoedjack

stadium expansion on 12:54 - Mar 11 by Jack1

Has anyone else had an email today from the club asking for opinions on expansion? From what I could see from mine it was sent to all season ticket holders who have renewed for next season. Received about 40mins ago

Yep I received one.
stadium expansion on 13:28 - Mar 11 with 1849 viewsJack1

stadium expansion on 13:13 - Mar 11 by pencoedjack

Yep I received one.

At least it sounds like the club are finally engaging the fans on the issue. Let's hope they get the number of responses they need to make a decision going forward
stadium expansion on 14:22 - Mar 11 with 1786 viewsbabyjack

Looks like another year before any work starts.

Taken off the email received from the club.

3. WHAT ARE THE PLANS FOR EXPANSION?
-
We are looking to expand the East Stand by a further 6,000 seats approximately which is planned for the start of the 2016/17 season (subject to all conditions being met). Because of this once in a lifetime opportunity, we will be taking the opportunity to achieve a stadium migration to enhance and maximise the full match-day experience at the stadium. This means that a) we will be looking to make the South Stand a real family stand, b) we will be looking to enhance the whole singing section for those who wish to be loud and proud, c) we will be looking to minimise single seats in order to allow for more groups to enjoy watching the Swans on a match-by-match basis.
Login to get fewer ads

stadium expansion on 14:32 - Mar 11 with 1768 viewsPegojack

stadium expansion on 12:54 - Mar 11 by Jack1

Hey, presto! We start yet another thread on stadium expansion,. and in no time at all, the club announce concrete proposals and ask for fan commitment in the shape of a £50 deposit.

Fair play, at last they are putting their money where their mouth is - OK, it's the season after next, but at least we know where we are now (well, almost - there is no firm commitment to have the seats in place by 2016/17). And in fairness, they appear to be addressing the seating concerns of fans in a sensible way.

The only bone of contention I can see is offering season ticket holders the opportunity to reserve up to four new seats. That is going to p*ss off non season ticket holders.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2015 14:39]
stadium expansion on 15:25 - Mar 11 with 1701 viewsMagic_Michu

But this must be the 2nd or 3rd time they've done a questionnaire with fans on expanding the stadium.

Surely it doesn't take a survey from the fans to see that we need to expand... just ruddy get on with it.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

stadium expansion on 15:29 - Mar 11 with 1692 viewsPegojack

stadium expansion on 15:25 - Mar 11 by Magic_Michu

But this must be the 2nd or 3rd time they've done a questionnaire with fans on expanding the stadium.

Surely it doesn't take a survey from the fans to see that we need to expand... just ruddy get on with it.

Well, they're going a lot further this time, asking people to stump up £50 to go on the waiting list.

A non committal questionnaire is one thing, but that seems like burning their boats to me. If it all goes pear-shaped now, there will be an almighty row.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2015 15:30]
stadium expansion on 16:51 - Mar 11 with 1578 viewsStarsky

stadium expansion on 11:33 - Mar 11 by whiterock

No one wants expansion more than me, but as always, Swansea will do it the prudent way, getting the balance right is the key, we all want expansion, we all want to buy the stadium, we all want the best training facilities and top academy status, but the number 1 priority has to be staying in the PL

We have to extend, but its not as simple as that......

I stopped reading after your first 7 words.
Bunkum

It's just the internet, init.

stadium expansion on 17:11 - Mar 11 with 1542 viewsstircrazyjack

stadium expansion on 14:22 - Mar 11 by babyjack

Looks like another year before any work starts.

Taken off the email received from the club.

3. WHAT ARE THE PLANS FOR EXPANSION?
-
We are looking to expand the East Stand by a further 6,000 seats approximately which is planned for the start of the 2016/17 season (subject to all conditions being met). Because of this once in a lifetime opportunity, we will be taking the opportunity to achieve a stadium migration to enhance and maximise the full match-day experience at the stadium. This means that a) we will be looking to make the South Stand a real family stand, b) we will be looking to enhance the whole singing section for those who wish to be loud and proud, c) we will be looking to minimise single seats in order to allow for more groups to enjoy watching the Swans on a match-by-match basis.

Yet another year passes and yet no more seats ffs

This is the third questionable I have filled in in recent years

We are only talking about 6000 poxy seats on one stand. We are not building the bloody shard .

Pathetic
stadium expansion on 17:25 - Mar 11 with 1509 viewsDr_Winston

stadium expansion on 17:11 - Mar 11 by stircrazyjack

Yet another year passes and yet no more seats ffs

This is the third questionable I have filled in in recent years

We are only talking about 6000 poxy seats on one stand. We are not building the bloody shard .

Pathetic

Spot on.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

stadium expansion on 18:53 - Mar 11 with 1397 viewsdeanscfc

stadium expansion on 08:41 - Mar 11 by whiterock

So you are suggesting we take £20m from the playing pot, build to 27k and get relegated

Well... preferably we wouldn't get relegated. I don't really understand the costings though...years back we were talking £15m for the full expansion up to 33,000 or so seats. Now it's a lot more for less.

By this point we really should at the very least have started the first phase of an expansion (e.g the extra 4000 seats). Like others have said, young fans will be missing out which isn't good enough but also players want to come and play in front of big crowds...maybe it might help our player retention a tad if we had crowds of 30,000+ rather than 20,000.
stadium expansion on 19:01 - Mar 11 with 1388 viewsSwansNZ

stadium expansion on 18:53 - Mar 11 by deanscfc

Well... preferably we wouldn't get relegated. I don't really understand the costings though...years back we were talking £15m for the full expansion up to 33,000 or so seats. Now it's a lot more for less.

By this point we really should at the very least have started the first phase of an expansion (e.g the extra 4000 seats). Like others have said, young fans will be missing out which isn't good enough but also players want to come and play in front of big crowds...maybe it might help our player retention a tad if we had crowds of 30,000+ rather than 20,000.

Yeah, I was wondering where the £20m came from - has this figure been given by the board? a reason for "investment"?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

stadium expansion on 19:49 - Mar 11 with 1335 viewsorion3016

I been trying to find out how old I am on the seating map from the link

Be over there now after

stadium expansion on 20:16 - Mar 11 with 1304 viewsmax936

stadium expansion on 19:49 - Mar 11 by orion3016

I been trying to find out how old I am on the seating map from the link

what link ? I've read the email, but didn't see a link to be able to pick your seats, I want to more from the South to the East, well a bit more centrally as my eyes aren't what they were, plus my lad is 21 now.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

stadium expansion on 20:20 - Mar 11 with 1299 viewsorion3016

stadium expansion on 20:16 - Mar 11 by max936

what link ? I've read the email, but didn't see a link to be able to pick your seats, I want to more from the South to the East, well a bit more centrally as my eyes aren't what they were, plus my lad is 21 now.

It's not to pick your seats its a map of current stadium and age profiles of all of us. It's a bit colourful!

It's on the main page when you open email

Be over there now after

stadium expansion on 20:25 - Mar 11 with 1297 viewsmax936

stadium expansion on 20:20 - Mar 11 by orion3016

It's not to pick your seats its a map of current stadium and age profiles of all of us. It's a bit colourful!

It's on the main page when you open email

Oh right, Cheers.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

stadium expansion on 21:02 - Mar 11 with 1255 viewsjacksfullaces

there is a sense of tomorrow never coming with this.

have we already missed the boat?

risk and reward, its a difficult one, can they add one seat per match?
stadium expansion on 21:05 - Mar 11 with 1249 viewstomdickharry

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024