Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head 14:43 - Apr 9 with 16966 viewsC_jack

I kid you not

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/8203-DVLA-tells-dad-colander-head-drivin

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 15:48 - Apr 9 with 8639 viewsblueytheblue

Why do I get the feeling the main thought - possibly the only one - going through his brain is "look at me! look at me!"?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 15:50 - Apr 9 with 8639 viewsyescomeon

Funny as it is there is an argument for both sides. The sensible thing is for him to not have the colander on his head and he obviously knows that deep down but is making a point. He's being an awkward bollocks basically.

Upthecity!

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 16:10 - Apr 9 with 8618 viewsblueytheblue

Worse than that - the whole "look at our jokey religion" stuff was funny at first. Now on the other hand...

So he's not just an awkward bollocks desparate to get in the paper for being an awkward bollocks but he's also revealed himself as someone so terminally unfunny he's had to climb on a joke bandwagon that jumped the shark years ago.

I bet he's the type who applies for manager jobs citing Football Manager experience believing himself to be the greatest comedian ever whilst failing to grasp it's a tired meme done far better many millions of times.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 16:12 - Apr 9 with 8615 viewsDull1Thomas

He must be finding it all a hell of a strain.

I'll get my coat

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 16:19 - Apr 9 with 8609 viewsPegojack

Maybe he's just feeling strained.

I'll get my coat.
Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 16:20 - Apr 9 with 8608 viewsPegojack

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 16:12 - Apr 9 by Dull1Thomas

He must be finding it all a hell of a strain.

I'll get my coat

You beat me to it! You bar steward.
Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 17:11 - Apr 9 with 8566 viewslondonlisa2001

Underlying the 'ooh, aren't I hilarious' crap, he's spouting, is a fairly horrible streak of racism I suspect.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find he's a UKIP councillor or similar.
Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 17:12 - Apr 9 with 8566 viewsUltraAmericanJack

LOL...I'm actually a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster myself. In fact, I'm an ordained minister in the church and am registered to perform wedding ceremonies.

Yes, the whole thing is a bit of a "joke" and more about making a point than anything, or just showing how ridiculous religion is. However, it's not the first time someone has "earned" the right to wear the colander, so I'm pretty sure he's just trying to have his 15 mins. of fame.
Login to get fewer ads

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 17:30 - Apr 9 with 8550 viewslondonlisa2001

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 17:12 - Apr 9 by UltraAmericanJack

LOL...I'm actually a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster myself. In fact, I'm an ordained minister in the church and am registered to perform wedding ceremonies.

Yes, the whole thing is a bit of a "joke" and more about making a point than anything, or just showing how ridiculous religion is. However, it's not the first time someone has "earned" the right to wear the colander, so I'm pretty sure he's just trying to have his 15 mins. of fame.

when you say you are registered to perform wedding ceremonies, does that mean you can legally marry two people?

Is this in the US?
Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 17:44 - Apr 9 with 8532 viewsUltraAmericanJack

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 17:30 - Apr 9 by londonlisa2001

when you say you are registered to perform wedding ceremonies, does that mean you can legally marry two people?

Is this in the US?

Yes, I'm legally able to marry two people, and yes, in the United States. I did it more as an alternative for people (usually atheists) who wanted something different in their ceremony. I'm an atheist myself, but have a lot of respect for the charitable work many religious institutions conduct, but where I live we are bombarded with it so I do get a little tired of the hyper-religious holier than thou types. I guess it's just my small way of counteracting those types, even if it's just a small minority.
Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 18:01 - Apr 9 with 8514 viewslondonlisa2001

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 17:44 - Apr 9 by UltraAmericanJack

Yes, I'm legally able to marry two people, and yes, in the United States. I did it more as an alternative for people (usually atheists) who wanted something different in their ceremony. I'm an atheist myself, but have a lot of respect for the charitable work many religious institutions conduct, but where I live we are bombarded with it so I do get a little tired of the hyper-religious holier than thou types. I guess it's just my small way of counteracting those types, even if it's just a small minority.

The reason I ask, is that I cannot believe that in a country where marriage is supposedly so sacrosanct that half of the population believe that 2 men or 2 women shouldn't be able to get married as it 'damages the institution' and, indeed, in many States, 2 men or 2 women still cannot legally get married for the same reason, someone from a 'church of the flying spaghetti monster' which has some sort of 'religious' attire involving wearing a colander on their head is LEGALLY able to marry two people !

Wow - just wow !

Not a dig at you by the way - you are obviously not a supporter of the religious right !
Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 18:13 - Apr 9 with 8498 viewsLeonisGod

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 17:44 - Apr 9 by UltraAmericanJack

Hehe, good for you. If this movement was set up originally to oppose the teaching of creationism as an alternative to evolutionary theory then you have my support.
Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 18:16 - Apr 9 with 8494 viewsNeath_Jack

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 16:10 - Apr 9 by blueytheblue

Worse than that - the whole "look at our jokey religion" stuff was funny at first. Now on the other hand...

So he's not just an awkward bollocks desparate to get in the paper for being an awkward bollocks but he's also revealed himself as someone so terminally unfunny he's had to climb on a joke bandwagon that jumped the shark years ago.

I bet he's the type who applies for manager jobs citing Football Manager experience believing himself to be the greatest comedian ever whilst failing to grasp it's a tired meme done far better many millions of times.

He should apply to manage your shower of shite, they'd jump at the chance to have him on board with the rest of the not-rights.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 18:20 - Apr 9 with 8490 viewsUltraAmericanJack

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 18:01 - Apr 9 by londonlisa2001

The reason I ask, is that I cannot believe that in a country where marriage is supposedly so sacrosanct that half of the population believe that 2 men or 2 women shouldn't be able to get married as it 'damages the institution' and, indeed, in many States, 2 men or 2 women still cannot legally get married for the same reason, someone from a 'church of the flying spaghetti monster' which has some sort of 'religious' attire involving wearing a colander on their head is LEGALLY able to marry two people !

Wow - just wow !

Not a dig at you by the way - you are obviously not a supporter of the religious right !

Yeah, I hear you! Why individuals, regardless of sex or gender, can't share in the same benefits as the rest of humanity is beyond my reasoning. In my state (Kansas, by the way) two people of the same sex cannot be legally married, but our state just passed a law that people now don't even need permits to carry and conceal firearms. There are a lot of really good things about America, but this type of drivel drives me insane.
Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 18:23 - Apr 9 with 8480 viewsUltraAmericanJack

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 18:13 - Apr 9 by LeonisGod

Hehe, good for you. If this movement was set up originally to oppose the teaching of creationism as an alternative to evolutionary theory then you have my support.

Yep, that's pretty much the low down on it. Here is the "official" site:

http://www.venganza.org/

Might help show the reasoning behind the creation of the "church".
Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 18:39 - Apr 9 with 8452 viewsyescomeon

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 18:23 - Apr 9 by UltraAmericanJack

Was it created or did it just kind of evolve naturally?

Upthecity!

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 18:39 - Apr 9 with 8450 viewsLeonisGod

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 18:23 - Apr 9 by UltraAmericanJack

That 'Campus Ministers' article is superb! The looks on everyone's faces tells you all you need to know about not taking stuff so seriously.
Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 18:46 - Apr 9 with 8443 viewslondonlisa2001

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 18:20 - Apr 9 by UltraAmericanJack

Yeah, I hear you! Why individuals, regardless of sex or gender, can't share in the same benefits as the rest of humanity is beyond my reasoning. In my state (Kansas, by the way) two people of the same sex cannot be legally married, but our state just passed a law that people now don't even need permits to carry and conceal firearms. There are a lot of really good things about America, but this type of drivel drives me insane.

oh the irony of the Friends of Dorothy being unable to marry in Kansas !

Have been to the US on many, many occasions both East and West but have never travelled through the Plains States - always wanted to not least because of the Wichita Lineman - a song I've always loved. Would love to do the drive right across one day.

Do you have a connection with Swansea / Wales or did you stumble across the Swans for a different reason?
Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 18:53 - Apr 9 with 8426 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The whole concept is draining.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2015 18:53]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 19:04 - Apr 9 with 8405 viewsUltraAmericanJack

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 18:46 - Apr 9 by londonlisa2001

oh the irony of the Friends of Dorothy being unable to marry in Kansas !

Have been to the US on many, many occasions both East and West but have never travelled through the Plains States - always wanted to not least because of the Wichita Lineman - a song I've always loved. Would love to do the drive right across one day.

Do you have a connection with Swansea / Wales or did you stumble across the Swans for a different reason?

Funny you say that, I live in a suburb of Wichita actually...lol. I'm planning to move to Colorado at some point for several reasons, one being the religious thing and the other being the mountains.

I used to spend summers in Wales, as my grandfather is from the Swansea area and a good amount of the rest of my family are Welsh. Some of my family actually founded a small village in Kansas called Bala Powys many years ago. As for Wales, unfortunately, I was last there in 2001, but remember being around Pontarddulais, FForestfach and pretty much all over West Glamorgan and Carmarthenshire. I don't post much on here, but I was actually with this board back when it was on the old rivals site and my username was AmericanSwanseaFan.
Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 19:09 - Apr 9 with 8394 viewsskippyjack

He's such a drain on resources..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 19:10 - Apr 9 with 8395 viewsUltraAmericanJack

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 18:39 - Apr 9 by yescomeon

Was it created or did it just kind of evolve naturally?

Now that was funny...just nearly spit all over my monitor!

It was created, but the name was naturally selected by the founders...we are a strictly non-prophet group.
Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 19:12 - Apr 9 with 8391 viewslondonlisa2001

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 19:04 - Apr 9 by UltraAmericanJack

Funny you say that, I live in a suburb of Wichita actually...lol. I'm planning to move to Colorado at some point for several reasons, one being the religious thing and the other being the mountains.

I used to spend summers in Wales, as my grandfather is from the Swansea area and a good amount of the rest of my family are Welsh. Some of my family actually founded a small village in Kansas called Bala Powys many years ago. As for Wales, unfortunately, I was last there in 2001, but remember being around Pontarddulais, FForestfach and pretty much all over West Glamorgan and Carmarthenshire. I don't post much on here, but I was actually with this board back when it was on the old rivals site and my username was AmericanSwanseaFan.

that's brilliant!

I have a lot of family that moved to Montana (one of their kids became the film actress Myrna Loy - she was born Myrna Williams) and also to New York and to Pennsylvania as well, although these days they're spread around the States.

I hope you get to visit again and can see a Premier League match in the flesh !

I loved the scenery in Colorado - drove up over the mountains from Taos - absolutely beautiful.
Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 19:20 - Apr 9 with 8373 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Matter of principle really and I'm fully in support of the guy.

If others are allowed to wear headgear and cover their faces for 'religious reasons' then why can't this guy? I'm sick of the double standards shown in this country!

Poll: Goal 2 - scored by who?

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 19:28 - Apr 9 with 8357 viewsUltraAmericanJack

Man fights with DVLA to wear colander on his head on 19:12 - Apr 9 by londonlisa2001

that's brilliant!

I have a lot of family that moved to Montana (one of their kids became the film actress Myrna Loy - she was born Myrna Williams) and also to New York and to Pennsylvania as well, although these days they're spread around the States.

I hope you get to visit again and can see a Premier League match in the flesh !

I loved the scenery in Colorado - drove up over the mountains from Taos - absolutely beautiful.

Yeah, I can't wait to move there. I run ultramarathons (usually 50 to 100 mile races) and Colorado is great for trail running and outdoor activities, and considering most ultras are mountain races it's a perfect fit.

I'd love to see a match in the Premier League. I've been on our American tours, but my last actual match in the UK was a 2-1 loss against Lincoln City...boy how times have changed. LOL
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024