Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets 15:54 - Apr 15 with 4739 viewsAndy1300

just received this email

"Dear Supporter,

Following our recent survey, which we have sent to Season Ticket Holders, Jack Army Members, Match Ticket Purchasers and the general database the idea of stadium expansion received overwhelming support with 96% of respondents supporting the idea across these four key groups.

It is clear that there is significant support for an expansion, which we need to convert into paid commitments in the form of deposits. We will be widely advertising the waiting list across all supporters and people within our catchment area to better gauge this demand. You can help us by spreading the word about this potential opportunity.

If you have not yet seen our vision and completed the survey, you can do so HERE.

We would like to remind you that you may now reserve your place on our waiting list to give yourself priority should the expansion happen.

For full terms and conditions please click HERE and select the T & C's tab.

Thank you once again for your continued support"

just bloody expand the ground without expecting people to stump up a deposit

Number 1 team in Wales

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 17:07 - Apr 15 with 3584 viewsEdmundo

They must be worried that many are not legit, don't have the cash or just pure time wasters.

If the survey and waiting list is broadcasted through all media sources, both electronic, radio and hard copies (newpapers/programmes), I would think that would capture every single person who is interested.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 17:29 - Apr 15 with 3535 viewsApeShit

A season ticket isn't even guaranteed after you have paid the £50.
Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 17:49 - Apr 15 with 3470 viewsraynor94

Can't see any problem in asking for a deposit, it will be interesting to see if the demand is there, last thing we need is a mothballed new stand

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 18:01 - Apr 15 with 3450 viewswhiterock

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 17:49 - Apr 15 by raynor94

Can't see any problem in asking for a deposit, it will be interesting to see if the demand is there, last thing we need is a mothballed new stand

The capital get everything doncha know

Love to know who paid for the new stand
Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 18:13 - Apr 15 with 3405 viewsmonmouth

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 17:49 - Apr 15 by raynor94

As long as the deposit is returnable if demand exceeds supply, and the actual payment isn't fully processed two years in advance of building it!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 18:19 - Apr 15 with 3391 viewsjohnlangy

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 17:29 - Apr 15 by ApeShit

Well it can't be guaranteed can it. If the stand holds 6,500 and the waiting list is more than that then only the first 6,500 get ST's.

I imagine those people left will have the option of a refund or being first in line if the second stage goes ahead.
Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 18:29 - Apr 15 with 3363 viewsEdmundo

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 18:19 - Apr 15 by johnlangy

Well it can't be guaranteed can it. If the stand holds 6,500 and the waiting list is more than that then only the first 6,500 get ST's.

I imagine those people left will have the option of a refund or being first in line if the second stage goes ahead.

Could be the first all ST stand! Which wouldn't appeal at all to the casual 'walk up fan'. I guess it would be another couple of seasons before we'd consider the next phase and only then if we're at 90 odd % full.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 19:33 - Apr 15 with 3264 viewsDull1Thomas

Will there be a chance to move ST seats?
Thought there was something about making opportunities for re-aligning family spaces and room for kids (next generation of fans).
And
Is there any news on safe standing as that would surely release space for additional capacity?

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Login to get fewer ads

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 19:42 - Apr 15 with 3235 viewsdgt73

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 19:33 - Apr 15 by Dull1Thomas

Thought there was something about making opportunities for re-aligning family spaces and room for kids (next generation of fans).
And
Is there any news on safe standing as that would surely release space for additional capacity?

There will be no safe standing. I don't know why people keep on about it.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 19:46 - Apr 15 with 3219 viewsGowerjack

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 19:33 - Apr 15 by Dull1Thomas

And

No it wouldn't,the capacity would remain the same.

I just wish the club would stop pissin around and just build the bloody thing,FFS how many more surveys do they need?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 19:47 - Apr 15 with 3209 viewsLeonisGod

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 17:29 - Apr 15 by ApeShit

But you do get it back if the expansion doesn't go ahead. Eventually, and by which time it will probably be worth a fiver in real money
Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 19:52 - Apr 15 with 3183 viewsDull1Thomas

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 19:46 - Apr 15 by Gowerjack

No it wouldn't,the capacity would remain the same.

I just wish the club would stop pissin around and just build the bloody thing,FFS how many more surveys do they need?

OK thanks

But safe standing would mean ST holders who wanted to be in the safe standing areas would release their stead to allow some reshuffling.

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 19:53 - Apr 15 with 3181 viewsDewi1jack

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 18:29 - Apr 15 by Edmundo

Could be the first all ST stand! Which wouldn't appeal at all to the casual 'walk up fan'. I guess it would be another couple of seasons before we'd consider the next phase and only then if we're at 90 odd % full.

" I guess it would be another couple of seasons before we'd consider the next phase and only then if we're at 90 odd % full."

I really love your unbridled optimism.
It's going to take God knows how many more years to build the extension. Not including the period elapsed that it should have been built by or at the very least, planning permission applied for.
Stopping somewhere between 25k and 30k for a few years won't be such a bad thing.
Games that no " PL acquired newbie" wants to attend ('Ull/ Leicester/ QPHaha etc) can always be used by the club, to try and entice the new blood into the club (kids for a £; cheap schools tickets 1 adult+1 kid, competition prizes etc.)
Can see the club selling as many STs as it is allowed to release. Think they have to allow 10% for the away and 10% for the casual walk up.
Over about 27k and I'm not so sure that all STs' will be sold as people will guess they can get a ticket for most games (excluding the biggies, although they'll have plenty of JA points.)
We will end up with people that were going to watch our neanderthal cousins during their brief encounter with the top flight (only because they couldn't get tickets at ours.)
There are people who just want to watch top flight football and as yet, have no allegiance.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 19:59 - Apr 15 with 3163 viewsDull1Thomas

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 19:53 - Apr 15 by Dewi1jack

" I guess it would be another couple of seasons before we'd consider the next phase and only then if we're at 90 odd % full."

I really love your unbridled optimism.
It's going to take God knows how many more years to build the extension. Not including the period elapsed that it should have been built by or at the very least, planning permission applied for.
Stopping somewhere between 25k and 30k for a few years won't be such a bad thing.
Games that no " PL acquired newbie" wants to attend ('Ull/ Leicester/ QPHaha etc) can always be used by the club, to try and entice the new blood into the club (kids for a £; cheap schools tickets 1 adult+1 kid, competition prizes etc.)
Can see the club selling as many STs as it is allowed to release. Think they have to allow 10% for the away and 10% for the casual walk up.
Over about 27k and I'm not so sure that all STs' will be sold as people will guess they can get a ticket for most games (excluding the biggies, although they'll have plenty of JA points.)
We will end up with people that were going to watch our neanderthal cousins during their brief encounter with the top flight (only because they couldn't get tickets at ours.)
There are people who just want to watch top flight football and as yet, have no allegiance.

Your point about the kids is very important - the club is concerned about growing the next generation of match day attending supporters. If everyone keeps their Sts there are fewer opportunities fro new young fans to attend and eventually the core support could dwindle.

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 20:17 - Apr 15 with 3121 viewsDr_Winston

Just build the f*cking thing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 20:32 - Apr 15 with 3072 viewsstircrazyjack

They want me to part with 100 quid which is non refundable for the chance to purchase season tickets (2) which I don't know the price for. I defo ain't paying double what I am currently paying and would want a family ticket for 4 heavily discounted.

Can anybody reading this from the trust or club pm me if necessary with an idea if this is possible otherwise I'm afraid I will not be parting with the requested money
Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 20:44 - Apr 15 with 3024 viewsjojaca

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 20:17 - Apr 15 by Dr_Winston

I agree just build the thing. My issues are as followed:-

1) I have two season tickets and ideally would like five season tickets all together in family end so I can keep the costs down for kids season tickets. I am not going pay out on extra 3 season tickets if i cant be seated together.

2) I have just renewed two season tickets for next season and I have not got a spare £150 for a future deposit on extra 3 season tickets.

3) Nobody can predict our finances in few years.

Even when you know, you never know?

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 21:10 - Apr 15 with 2967 viewsstircrazyjack

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 20:44 - Apr 15 by jojaca

I agree just build the thing. My issues are as followed:-

1) I have two season tickets and ideally would like five season tickets all together in family end so I can keep the costs down for kids season tickets. I am not going pay out on extra 3 season tickets if i cant be seated together.

2) I have just renewed two season tickets for next season and I have not got a spare £150 for a future deposit on extra 3 season tickets.

3) Nobody can predict our finances in few years.

Good points and my thoughts exactly.

I currently pay around 650 quid for 1 adult and one child on the east stand and would like another 2 season tickets . I ain't paying 1300 quid. Nadda No frigging way
Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 21:19 - Apr 15 with 2939 viewsScoobyWho

So basically the club are still talking about it.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 21:26 - Apr 15 with 2909 viewsDewi1jack

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 19:59 - Apr 15 by Dull1Thomas

Your point about the kids is very important - the club is concerned about growing the next generation of match day attending supporters. If everyone keeps their Sts there are fewer opportunities fro new young fans to attend and eventually the core support could dwindle.

I think I'm missing your point.
If (and it's a huge IF, or seems that way) the club ever throws the extension up, then by my calculations (10% away, 10% walk up on a 25k stadium) the club should be releasing about an extra 4k STs.
Without the kids, the core support will dwindle as SAGA louts like myself, become to infirm to attend/ die off and no-one has been able to take the new youngsters, who have become hooked on Man U/ Chelsea/ Liverpool or just FIFA soccer manager 2030 and don't leave the house, as they are taught by the internet at home. They won't wait for us to decide if they're allowed to attend.
I still think (even with the SKY and TV money) that if there is no new blood to take our places, then no customers = no "product" which in our case is the club we all love (sometimes detesting in equal measure, just like a marriage!!)
This extension really needs to be built 3 years ago. And as we can't get that, then 16/04/2015 AM will do
Get a grip Swansea council/ Stadco/ Swansea City and stop p1ssing about

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 21:33 - Apr 15 with 2887 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 20:17 - Apr 15 by Dr_Winston

Got to run through a few more surveys first, let's not get hasty.

The company they hired to carry out the 5 year intelligence gathering exercise on whether there is a requirement for expansion is also carrying out similar surveys as detailed below:

Catholic Church - Is the Pope a member of the Catholic Church?
Forestry Commission - Do bears that reside in wooded environments defecate there also?

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 21:35 - Apr 15 with 2870 viewsScoobyWho

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 21:33 - Apr 15 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Got to run through a few more surveys first, let's not get hasty.

The company they hired to carry out the 5 year intelligence gathering exercise on whether there is a requirement for expansion is also carrying out similar surveys as detailed below:

Catholic Church - Is the Pope a member of the Catholic Church?
Forestry Commission - Do bears that reside in wooded environments defecate there also?

I think you forgot to mention the survey on the feasibility of whether to have a survey on the intelligence gathering exercise survey.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 22:35 - Apr 15 with 2717 viewsxmastree

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 20:32 - Apr 15 by stircrazyjack

They want me to part with 100 quid which is non refundable for the chance to purchase season tickets (2) which I don't know the price for. I defo ain't paying double what I am currently paying and would want a family ticket for 4 heavily discounted.

Can anybody reading this from the trust or club pm me if necessary with an idea if this is possible otherwise I'm afraid I will not be parting with the requested money

eh no. Which part of 'if not started within 2 years you can have your money back ' do you not understand ?
Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 22:50 - Apr 15 with 2676 viewsCopperJack

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 22:35 - Apr 15 by xmastree

eh no. Which part of 'if not started within 2 years you can have your money back ' do you not understand ?

Can anyone actually explain what the hold up is? I thought it was linked to the development of the Hafod relief road they're aiming to build by the new student accommodation on the Tawe, but if so, surely this puts the expansion off for a minimum of 18 months? They haven't even approved the damn road yet so by the time they build it, then build the expansion, could be a number of years.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Stadium expansion and waiting list for season tickets on 22:58 - Apr 15 with 2648 viewsAndy1300

This is from the "faq's"

We are looking to expand the East Stand by a further 6,000 seats approximately which is planned for the start of the 2016/17 season (subject to all conditions being met). Because of this once in a lifetime opportunity, we will be taking the opportunity to achieve a stadium migration to enhance and maximise the full match-day experience at the stadium. This means that a) we will be looking to make the South Stand a real family stand, b) we will be looking to enhance the whole singing section for those who wish to be loud and proud, c) we will be looking to minimise single seats in order to allow for more groups to enjoy watching the Swans on a match-by-match basis.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2015 22:59]

Number 1 team in Wales

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024