Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leon studying for coaching badges 11:01 - Jun 23 with 2459 viewsTheSwanseaWay

Not seen this reported elsewhere so thought I'd post it on here. Leon is doing his UEFA B license with the FAW:

http://theswanseaway.co.uk/2015/06/exclusive-leon-britton-studying-coaching-badg
Leon studying for coaching badges on 11:08 - Jun 23 with 2444 viewsbuilthjack

That means he could miss a few Sunday games. The course is on 9 x Sunday's between August and May.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Leon studying for coaching badges on 11:59 - Jun 23 with 2374 viewsQuakerJack

Swansea boot room

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Leon studying for coaching badges on 12:59 - Jun 23 with 2289 viewsDavillin

Three questions:

1. Assuming regular "promotion," how long does each badge take? Alternatively, how long to full professional badge?

2. I wonder if there are any serious posters who would not welcome Leon to the Swans' coaching staff.

3. What in Heaven's name does "Swansea's Boot Room" mean in this context?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Leon studying for coaching badges on 13:28 - Jun 23 with 2235 viewsItchySphincter

Leon studying for coaching badges on 12:59 - Jun 23 by Davillin

Three questions:

1. Assuming regular "promotion," how long does each badge take? Alternatively, how long to full professional badge?

2. I wonder if there are any serious posters who would not welcome Leon to the Swans' coaching staff.

3. It's synonymous with Liverpool and their former tradition of promoting from within. Harking back to the 'good' old days.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Leon studying for coaching badges on 13:29 - Jun 23 with 2234 viewsTheSwanseaWay

Leon studying for coaching badges on 12:59 - Jun 23 by Davillin

Three questions:

Only an answer to the first question, and I can't claim to know if it's accurate, but here's some info from this link: http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/coaching-qualifications.htm

Level Three — UEFA B Licence - Individuals have two years in which to complete the course but in reality this can be done within 12-18 months.

Level Four — UEFA A Licence - It takes most candidates the full two years in which to complete this process.

Level Five — UEFA Pro License - Most candidates will complete the course within 12 months.

The latter is mostly for people looking to go into management I believe.
Leon studying for coaching badges on 13:38 - Jun 23 with 2212 viewsDavillin

Leon studying for coaching badges on 13:28 - Jun 23 by ItchySphincter

3. It's synonymous with Liverpool and their former tradition of promoting from within. Harking back to the 'good' old days.

Thanks, Itch. Now I remember having heard that about Liverpool before.

I found it amusing that you refer to it as "their former" tradition.

Leon studying for coaching badges on 13:41 - Jun 23 with 2202 viewsDavillin

Leon studying for coaching badges on 13:29 - Jun 23 by TheSwanseaWay

Only an answer to the first question, and I can't claim to know if it's accurate, but here's some info from this link: http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/coaching-qualifications.htm

Level Three — UEFA B Licence - Individuals have two years in which to complete the course but in reality this can be done within 12-18 months.

Level Four — UEFA A Licence - It takes most candidates the full two years in which to complete this process.

Level Five — UEFA Pro License - Most candidates will complete the course within 12 months.

The latter is mostly for people looking to go into management I believe.

Thanks, Way.

So he's looking at at least four years before being "eligible" to manage a pro team. If that's his goal.

Leon studying for coaching badges on 14:05 - Jun 23 with 2158 viewsScoobyWho

As long as he is working towards the grading he is eligible for appointments. 👍

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Login to get fewer ads

Leon studying for coaching badges on 14:58 - Jun 23 with 2113 viewsSwan91

Good news! Would be perfect coach to teach possession style football to new players and the youth players. Imagine in the next few years we could have 4-5 ex players from the last 10 years having a part in the backroom staff.
Leon studying for coaching badges on 15:13 - Jun 23 with 2092 viewsmonmouth

Good for him! Lots to offer I think, given his experience and the way his position and utility to the team has evolved over the years. he must have loads of footballing and positional intelligence.

Delighted to be proved wrong, but despite all the insights he could offer as an assistant, I just don't see the personal qualities of a football manager in him. Too self effacing maybe? He could develop that I hope, but since he first rolled up he has been mr shy cliche driven nice guy every time I've seen him. As a backroom man though, yes please.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leon studying for coaching badges on 16:26 - Jun 23 with 2016 viewsGroo

Leon studying for coaching badges on 13:28 - Jun 23 by ItchySphincter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boot_Room

Groo does what Groo does best

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024