Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10,174 for a league cup game v York 10:27 - Aug 26 with 7368 viewsScoobyWho

Excellent turn out last night, I took my lad along and spent time with some friends in the east. Not like a league game admittedly, atmosphere was not the same, you could chat away with people you know and it gave me a different perspective on what superb strength in depth we have. For a lot of York City players this was a cup final, listen to their manager,he explains it well.

On the attendance I don't read any local thoughts to the east of us regards double figures for a game v a league two side, they usually chirp up with some cock waving statements like Saturday v Sunderland forgetting the 83 they took to Middlesboro last season. Cardiff have failed dismally to attract over 6000 in recent cup years, we should be proud of our turn out last night, and I enjoyed the away support as well, they definitely enjoyed themselves.

I'm not sure about Hull away, it has always been a hard place to go to and get a result, and as for travelling jacks, well, at least it gives the teams below us to have another crack about our away support forgetting it's a 700 plus mile return journey on a week night.

Still, as they can't knock our football, there's little else for them to unzip their trousers to.

Bless.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 10:31]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 10:39 - Aug 26 with 5730 viewsDr_Winston

For what was essentially a reserve team fixture against League 2 opposition, pulling a crowd of 10,000+ is a measure of how far we've come in ten years.

Wasn't that long ago a 5,000 crowd for a league fixture was considered a tidy one.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 10:46 - Aug 26 with 5710 viewsJackSomething

10k+ and I saw no big queues anywhere when I headed in, so congrats to the club. It was almost 3k down on the Rotherham game, so hard to know whether the lack of queues were down to measures the club put in place or people not bothering to buy on the night, but I'm happy to give credit to the club.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 11:19 - Aug 26 with 5606 viewsJackFish

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 10:39 - Aug 26 by Dr_Winston

For what was essentially a reserve team fixture against League 2 opposition, pulling a crowd of 10,000+ is a measure of how far we've come in ten years.

Wasn't that long ago a 5,000 crowd for a league fixture was considered a tidy one.

I'm sure we've had lower crowds than that for a few league games at the Liberty.
10,174 for a league cup game v York on 11:35 - Aug 26 with 5573 viewsDr_Winston

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 11:19 - Aug 26 by JackFish

I'm sure we've had lower crowds than that for a few league games at the Liberty.

Possibly. Can't think of any offhand where we've dipped below 10,000 but there might be the odd one or two.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 12:10 - Aug 26 with 5495 viewsandrew

You didn't arrive in the last 15 minutes then, the worst queue ice ever seen.

Fortunately the opened the disabled doors, which 1000s of people clearly missed.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 12:26 - Aug 26 with 5434 viewsWingstandwood

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 11:35 - Aug 26 by Dr_Winston

Possibly. Can't think of any offhand where we've dipped below 10,000 but there might be the odd one or two.

You Sir!........ are absolutely bang on with your assessment there!.......... Only twice since the Liberty Stadium has been open did league attendance(s) ever drop below the 10,000 figure!......... Gillingham 9675 and Oldham Athletic 9880!........... Pretty damn impressive from a club that previous to its initial Liberty Stadium opening had spent over 20 previous years in the lower two divisions.

I don't really care about lower cup attendances its the bread n' butter of the league attendances that's more important along with the clubs sound (debt-free!) financial footing (astounding!) and away from league off the pitch progression e.g. state of the art (again absolutely astounding!) training pitches and facilities etc. Boll***s to the negative (mostly nitpicking CCFC fans?) brigade I say!
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 16:31]

Argus!

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 16:08 - Aug 26 with 5204 viewsCountyJim

Out of intrest how many did Yark bring
10,174 for a league cup game v York on 16:25 - Aug 26 with 5166 viewsMarryGonk

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 16:08 - Aug 26 by CountyJim

Out of intrest how many did Yark bring

I would have said about 200, not sure on the official number

Marry Gonk's Barmy Army!

Login to get fewer ads

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 16:41 - Aug 26 with 5129 viewsYCFC_D8

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 16:25 - Aug 26 by MarryGonk

I would have said about 200, not sure on the official number

406 apparently. Lack of interest on both our parts it seems. We averaged 709 away through last season.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 16:42]
10,174 for a league cup game v York on 16:48 - Aug 26 with 5112 viewsWingstandwood

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 16:41 - Aug 26 by YCFC_D8

406 apparently. Lack of interest on both our parts it seems. We averaged 709 away through last season.

709? ......That is a very impressive figure for the league/division you were in that season!......Something to be very proud of in fact!

Argus!

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 17:01 - Aug 26 with 5088 viewsYCFC_D8

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 16:48 - Aug 26 by Wingstandwood

709? ......That is a very impressive figure for the league/division you were in that season!......Something to be very proud of in fact!

It's way behind the likes of Luton, Portsmouth, even Oxford. But it's annoyed me that we can take 4,500 to Bolton and Stoke - with it being the FA Cup and a Saturday - and not even take 10 percent of that to Swansea who are a bigger club than both of the aforementioned.
10,174 for a league cup game v York on 17:08 - Aug 26 with 5074 viewsMarryGonk

That's not bad at all, I'm sh*t at judging numbers at crowds :P Made a great noise to be fair

Marry Gonk's Barmy Army!

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 17:12 - Aug 26 with 5066 viewsYCFC_D8

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 17:08 - Aug 26 by MarryGonk

That's not bad at all, I'm sh*t at judging numbers at crowds :P Made a great noise to be fair

Yeah, it's always fun. Beautiful stadium, I'd sell my right bollock to see us in such a place (we are getting a rather nice new stadium, but nothing like yours).

Miserable stewards, however. But we all suffer from that.
10,174 for a league cup game v York on 17:20 - Aug 26 with 5043 viewsScoobyWho

Apologies for that Cardiff ponce on this thread, he does it now and again. No negativity here mate, over 10,000 is a superb turn out for what we all knew would be a completely changed eleven from Saturday and your 400 were fantastic. Nothing To be despondent about, remember you have a lot of clubs closer to you than Swansea. In fact quite a lot, you contributed to a great game. have a great season and cheers for your positive replies 👍

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 17:28 - Aug 26 with 5025 viewsFlashberryjack

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 17:31 - Aug 26 with 5013 viewsScoobyWho

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 17:28 - Aug 26 by Flashberryjack

I will only respond to him Flashberry, I didn't start the shit he caused on the weekend , he started the most evil thread I have seen on here, and I didn't post first on here today, he did, he would be best advised to stay away or I will up the anti big time, Trust me I have more.

He should have been banned by the site owner days ago, now he has been warned. The ball is in his court, matter for him now.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 17:32]

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 19:02 - Aug 26 with 4875 viewsMillie

Still, more than season tickets sold at Lego land
10,174 for a league cup game v York on 19:11 - Aug 26 with 4859 viewsGrandPrix

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 12:26 - Aug 26 by Wingstandwood

You Sir!........ are absolutely bang on with your assessment there!.......... Only twice since the Liberty Stadium has been open did league attendance(s) ever drop below the 10,000 figure!......... Gillingham 9675 and Oldham Athletic 9880!........... Pretty damn impressive from a club that previous to its initial Liberty Stadium opening had spent over 20 previous years in the lower two divisions.

I don't really care about lower cup attendances its the bread n' butter of the league attendances that's more important along with the clubs sound (debt-free!) financial footing (astounding!) and away from league off the pitch progression e.g. state of the art (again absolutely astounding!) training pitches and facilities etc. Boll***s to the negative (mostly nitpicking CCFC fans?) brigade I say!
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 16:31]

I remember being at the lowest attendance.

2007 V Gillingham had been a re-arranged fixture on a freezing cold Tuesday school night in January.

It was re-arranged because we were smashing a then 'bigger club' in Sheffield 3-0 in the cup...... with 3000 Jacks there!!

Awesome day

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 19:35 - Aug 26 with 4820 viewsWingstandwood

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 19:11 - Aug 26 by GrandPrix

2007 V Gillingham had been a re-arranged fixture on a freezing cold Tuesday school night in January.

It was re-arranged because we were smashing a then 'bigger club' in Sheffield 3-0 in the cup...... with 3000 Jacks there!!

Awesome day

Respect to you and all the other supporters who turned up!...... In fact!.......Respect to the loyalty of all other lower league football club supporters also. It takes some motivation to sit/stand in freezing cold and rain and watch 'hoofball' and football of a lesser standard when the comfort of a dry central heated house and other entertainment alternatives are on offer.

The attendance that day? I can remember people moaning about it and me thinking?...........Going to The Vetch for an Xmas Boxing day game and actually praising crowds a few thousand less. In fact The South Wales Evening Post used to refer to Vetch Boxing Day attendances as 'bumper crowds' despite being a little over 5,000-6,000. How far this club has come!

Argus!

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 19:39 - Aug 26 with 4807 viewsDr_Winston

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 19:35 - Aug 26 by Wingstandwood

Respect to you and all the other supporters who turned up!...... In fact!.......Respect to the loyalty of all other lower league football club supporters also. It takes some motivation to sit/stand in freezing cold and rain and watch 'hoofball' and football of a lesser standard when the comfort of a dry central heated house and other entertainment alternatives are on offer.

The attendance that day? I can remember people moaning about it and me thinking?...........Going to The Vetch for an Xmas Boxing day game and actually praising crowds a few thousand less. In fact The South Wales Evening Post used to refer to Vetch Boxing Day attendances as 'bumper crowds' despite being a little over 5,000-6,000. How far this club has come!

Lowest official crowd for a league game I've been in was just over 2,000. Been the odd Welsh cup tie where only the centre stand was open too.

I'm convinced I once watched us play someone like Leyton Orient in the LDV in front of less than a thousand, but for the life of me can't find details of the game in question.

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 19:42 - Aug 26 with 4795 viewsGrandPrix

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 19:35 - Aug 26 by Wingstandwood

Absolutely,

Although many of us miss the Vetch...(and as I get older I now enjoy the seats)......the fact can't be denied that a move to the Liberty put bums on seats, and it has grown ever since.

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 19:57 - Aug 26 with 4763 viewsScoobyWho

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 19:39 - Aug 26 by Dr_Winston

Lowest official crowd for a league game I've been in was just over 2,000. Been the odd Welsh cup tie where only the centre stand was open too.

I'm convinced I once watched us play someone like Leyton Orient in the LDV in front of less than a thousand, but for the life of me can't find details of the game in question.

If I recall that was in the region of 900 or so, mind you do we include those awful FAW BBC games ?

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 19:58 - Aug 26 with 4762 viewsWingstandwood

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 19:39 - Aug 26 by Dr_Winston

It’s like two absolutely different worlds in the most profoundest and unimaginable scenarios possible. Times gone by and times now?...... Everything about the modern/current (both on and off pitch!) SCFC football club is absolute light years away from what it was!

I can remember supporters donation(s) buying one of those lock-up steel storage containers you usually find on building sites. Its use for players to store kit and training equipment. Now the club will have things like an indoor training barn, recuperation pool, academy etc.

Argus!

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 19:59 - Aug 26 with 4726 viewsScoobyWho

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 19:11 - Aug 26 by GrandPrix

Awesome day

Nooooooo, we are recognised as having no away support, what's the matter with you ?
You will be telling everyone next Tommy Butler scored.

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 19:59 - Aug 26 with 4722 viewsDr_Winston

10,174 for a league cup game v York on 19:57 - Aug 26 by ScoobyWho

If I recall that was in the region of 900 or so, mind you do we include those awful FAW BBC games ?

I'll chuck them in with Welsh Cup games. Saw a few of those in a crowd of about 250.

Glad someone else remembers that sub-1000 crowd though. Everyone else I've mentioned it to just looks at me blankly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024