Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away Ticket Prices 10:27 - Sep 7 with 6064 viewsTrundle10

Just logged onto buy tickets for Villa away. They are priced at £41 each. Thought the club were subsidising? How do you take advantage of this offer?
[Post edited 7 Sep 2015 10:34]
Away Ticket Prices on 19:48 - Sep 7 with 1789 viewsDarran

Away Ticket Prices on 19:34 - Sep 7 by dgt73

FFS

What's wrong with what he said then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Away Ticket Prices on 19:53 - Sep 7 with 1777 viewsdgt73

Away Ticket Prices on 19:48 - Sep 7 by Darran

What's wrong with what he said then?

If money is tight, i seriously wouldn't bother going away to watch any football match.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Away Ticket Prices on 19:56 - Sep 7 with 1770 viewsDarran

Away Ticket Prices on 19:53 - Sep 7 by dgt73

If money is tight, i seriously wouldn't bother going away to watch any football match.

You really are a c*nt aren't you?

Away Ticket Prices on 19:57 - Sep 7 with 1769 viewsdgt73

Away Ticket Prices on 19:56 - Sep 7 by Darran

You really are a c*nt aren't you?

Whys that then. If money is tight , why waste it on football ?

Away Ticket Prices on 20:11 - Sep 7 with 1729 viewsDewi1jack

My fault for not checking the dates. Have got used to tickets going on sale just about 4 weeks before the game, sometimes just 2 weeks.
Then the fuking date and day changing anyway, so losing rail or other travel/ hotel for the weekend, cos some b'stard wants the game on a Monday night.
Don't get refunds for that off the club. Have to spend ages claiming against the insurances.
I will be going and have to pay the full whack. My tough sh1te I s'pose. Especially after spending an absolute fortune going home and away for over 35 years.
Why I expected any different off the money grabbing b'stards running football I don't know.
The money for the scheme as far as I understand it, comes from Sky to compensate fans for date/ time changes to their games due to TV moving it.
Still think the time period should be until all the tickets are sold otherwise there seems no point in trying to look good in the football media world.
Some people have to contend with shift changes/ trying to get someone to cover their shift
Some people have to budget
Doesn't matter the reason.
JA members should be able to buy tickets up until they're sold out/ returned to the away club at the £22, otherwise "true to the £22" really is false advertising

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Away Ticket Prices on 20:16 - Sep 7 with 1724 viewsDarran

Away Ticket Prices on 19:57 - Sep 7 by dgt73

Well if they were on sale at the reduced price for a few extra weeks money might not be so tight.

Away Ticket Prices on 20:26 - Sep 7 with 1698 viewsdgt73

Away Ticket Prices on 20:16 - Sep 7 by Darran

Well if they were on sale at the reduced price for a few extra weeks money might not be so tight.

Well i believe there is a fans forum this Thursday, why don't you bring it up with Mr Jenkins.

Away Ticket Prices on 20:30 - Sep 7 with 1694 viewsDarran

Away Ticket Prices on 20:26 - Sep 7 by dgt73

Well i believe there is a fans forum this Thursday, why don't you bring it up with Mr Jenkins.

I didn't think I'll be able to make it on Thursday.

Login to get fewer ads

Away Ticket Prices on 20:33 - Sep 7 with 1688 viewsdgt73

Away Ticket Prices on 20:30 - Sep 7 by Darran

I didn't think I'll be able to make it on Thursday.

Ah well I'm sure someone reading about your concerns , will be able to make it and be able to ask the question.

Away Ticket Prices on 20:36 - Sep 7 with 1682 viewsDarran

Away Ticket Prices on 20:33 - Sep 7 by dgt73

Ah well I'm sure someone reading about your concerns , will be able to make it and be able to ask the question.

I'm not concerned about it my concerns are directed at why you're such a nasty prick when someone with a family says they can't afford tickets this week but can next week.

Away Ticket Prices on 20:44 - Sep 7 with 1674 viewsdgt73

Away Ticket Prices on 20:36 - Sep 7 by Darran

I'm not concerned about it my concerns are directed at why you're such a nasty prick when someone with a family says they can't afford tickets this week but can next week.

Well as I said there is an opportunity on Thursday for someone to ask the question and if someone is genuinely struggling I'd wish them all the best, but you can call me a cynic if you like, but the time I've been on PS, one thing sticks out and that is people will moan about any little thing.

Away Ticket Prices on 21:57 - Sep 7 with 1612 viewsshandyjack

what about people who only get there shift rosters from work 3/4 weeks in advance, they will never have the opportunity to take up this deal, not many i know but will affect a few loyal fans

Poll: Expectation for the season

Away Ticket Prices on 21:59 - Sep 7 with 1609 viewsTrundle10

Away Ticket Prices on 20:11 - Sep 7 by Dewi1jack

My fault for not checking the dates. Have got used to tickets going on sale just about 4 weeks before the game, sometimes just 2 weeks.
Then the fuking date and day changing anyway, so losing rail or other travel/ hotel for the weekend, cos some b'stard wants the game on a Monday night.
Don't get refunds for that off the club. Have to spend ages claiming against the insurances.
I will be going and have to pay the full whack. My tough sh1te I s'pose. Especially after spending an absolute fortune going home and away for over 35 years.
Why I expected any different off the money grabbing b'stards running football I don't know.
The money for the scheme as far as I understand it, comes from Sky to compensate fans for date/ time changes to their games due to TV moving it.
Still think the time period should be until all the tickets are sold otherwise there seems no point in trying to look good in the football media world.
Some people have to contend with shift changes/ trying to get someone to cover their shift
Some people have to budget
Doesn't matter the reason.
JA members should be able to buy tickets up until they're sold out/ returned to the away club at the £22, otherwise "true to the £22" really is false advertising

This
Away Ticket Prices on 22:02 - Sep 7 with 1605 viewsTrundle10

Away Ticket Prices on 18:28 - Sep 7 by kopperburgjack

It is a bit of a joke you only get 2 weeks to get it at £22 6+ weeks before the game! Always a twist

Thats what i was saying. Well put
Away Ticket Prices on 22:05 - Sep 7 with 1588 viewsScoobyWho

Away Ticket Prices on 15:41 - Sep 7 by Trundle10

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-pledge-ca

Hardly blaming the club. Just pointing out that it is a gimmick. Read the above and explain where it said you had to book 8 weeks in advance. Ok it is a newspaper article but it is how it has been peddled out on lots of different media outlets.
Also shift patterns come into it. Sometimes its just not possible to know and as good as a deal it is, i do not see why there needed to be a time limit on ot providing you meet the criteria.

My fault for not reading the small print tho. Or fully reading the deluge of emails off the club
[Post edited 7 Sep 2015 16:04]

I agree with the shift pattern thing, I have many changes to my roster, and late changes, so I book off as much time as possible to see the Swans, but 7/8 weeks in advance is more than pretty difficult.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Away Ticket Prices on 22:10 - Sep 7 with 1491 viewsTrundle10

Away Ticket Prices on 20:16 - Sep 7 by Darran

Exactly. Dgt is a curious one tho dar. Racist, homophobic holocaust denier. He lives for attention. Sad really.
Away Ticket Prices on 22:13 - Sep 7 with 1478 viewsDarran

Away Ticket Prices on 22:10 - Sep 7 by Trundle10

Exactly. Dgt is a curious one tho dar. Racist, homophobic holocaust denier. He lives for attention. Sad really.

Very sad.

Away Ticket Prices on 09:07 - Sep 8 with 1369 viewsSwaneeRiver

Away Ticket Prices on 13:12 - Sep 7 by Trundle10

Depends on your financial circs. Not so good if you cannot commit money that far ahead tho. Which defeats the object

TBH anyone who cannot afford £22 for a ticket should seriously think about if they can afford to travel to away games at all.
It's not as if you couldn't sell the ticket for at least what you paid for it if circumstances changed and you couldn't go
This is not a dig at you #10, just a general observation about people in general, not just football fans, not having a realistic grasp of what they can and cannot afford.
Personally I'd love to follow Swans to every away game, but other personal commitments (not financial) stop me doing so.
Away Ticket Prices on 09:16 - Sep 8 with 1365 viewsSwaneeRiver

Away Ticket Prices on 19:57 - Sep 7 by dgt73

For once you are right, if people are genuinely so badly off they don't have £22 (or multiples there of) to pay for the tickets, then they cannot afford to go.
I'd love to fly First Class everywhere, but I can't afford it so it isn't going to happen.
People should accept that economics affects everything, including football.
Away Ticket Prices on 09:50 - Sep 8 with 1343 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Post from the Official Premier League site.

" If a match is rescheduled, can I obtain a refund on tickets, travel or accommodation?"

If you find you are unable to attend a rescheduled match, please contact the club that sold you the ticket for information on their refund policies and procedures.

Refund requests for travel, accommodation or other related expenses can only be made through the company that sold you the product or service. With this in mind, we recommend only booking flexible travel or hotel accommodation, or obtaining suitable insurance to protect against any changes.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Away Ticket Prices on 09:51 - Sep 8 with 1343 viewsChief

If the club hadn't introduced the scheme, you would end paying full whack anyway. See it as a bonus

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Away Ticket Prices on 10:31 - Sep 8 with 1317 viewsTrundle10

Away Ticket Prices on 09:07 - Sep 8 by SwaneeRiver

TBH anyone who cannot afford £22 for a ticket should seriously think about if they can afford to travel to away games at all.
It's not as if you couldn't sell the ticket for at least what you paid for it if circumstances changed and you couldn't go
This is not a dig at you #10, just a general observation about people in general, not just football fans, not having a realistic grasp of what they can and cannot afford.
Personally I'd love to follow Swans to every away game, but other personal commitments (not financial) stop me doing so.

with all due respect, who the fcuk are you to tell me what i should and should not be spending money on? Some teenager pontificating on life.... do me a favour mate. You know f all about my personal circs or wealth, shift patterns or anything else for that matter.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2015 10:32]
Away Ticket Prices on 11:07 - Sep 8 with 1287 viewsTrundle10

Away Ticket Prices on 09:51 - Sep 8 by Chief

If the club hadn't introduced the scheme, you would end paying full whack anyway. See it as a bonus

I See your point. Do not understand why there is a time limit on it tho. If you are a ja member and season ticket holder why does there have to be time restraints. If they sell out then tough luck. Aside from financial aspects. There are lots of things which can come up which may affect whether you can go or not. Things you do not know 2 months in advance. If u meet the criteria for purchase and there are still tickets for sale why can't the price be kept at£22
Away Ticket Prices on 11:30 - Sep 8 with 1259 viewsairedale

When I get my helicopter I'll be going to all the away game and I won't care how much the tickets cost. Weather permitting of course. There's no way my chopper's going up if its too windy.
Away Ticket Prices on 11:58 - Sep 8 with 1238 viewsSwaneeRiver

Away Ticket Prices on 10:31 - Sep 8 by Trundle10

with all due respect, who the fcuk are you to tell me what i should and should not be spending money on? Some teenager pontificating on life.... do me a favour mate. You know f all about my personal circs or wealth, shift patterns or anything else for that matter.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2015 10:32]

I wish I was a teenager mate - far from it.
Just someone with a realistic grip on the financial realities of life.
Spend your money or don't spend it - just don't blame the club for your short sightedness and lack of financial acumen
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024