Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Villa 00:09 - Oct 20 with 15281 viewsJJJack

Don't want to dwell on tonight but there are a few under-performers of late not just tonight and I hope Monk kicks some arses by dropping a few Saturday:
Fabianski
Rangel - deserves to stay in (just)
Taylor - see above
Fernandez - possibly Amat could be given a go but I would persevere with Fede for now
Williams - undroppable
Ki - I'm not really sure how he's ended up out of the side but he should return -sharpish!
Cork - Not the problem IMO. Bad mistake tonight for the goal but is busy.
Siggurdson - Had a breather. But get him back in as he's reliable and hardworking.
Barrow - showed enough tonight to be given another go
Montero - should get more joy Saturday than against Johnson
Eder - Has shown little but Gomis, like Ayew needs to go and think about his game.
Dropped
Gomis- showed willing but the need for so many touches and his refusal to play simple balls kills many of our attacks.
Ayew - horrendous tonight and goals aside has not offered enough of late. Looked unfit tonight.
JJS - Played ok tonight. But his general performance levels aren't where they were a few weeks ago. Would benefit by a short spell on the bench IMO.
Team for Villa on 17:11 - Oct 21 with 2022 viewsWarwickHunt

Team for Villa on 16:57 - Oct 21 by morningstar

If we have received a loan fee from Leicester, then it is my understanding that he cannot be recallled. I seem to remember when we had Caulker on loan, they had Ledley King and Gallas injured long term at the same time, but they were unable too recall Caulker.

Not specifically about Dyer but does this only apply if a club pays a loan fee as well as the wages?
I'd have thought a recall option was pretty standard if they were just paying a player's wages.
Team for Villa on 17:29 - Oct 21 with 2007 viewsmorningstar

Team for Villa on 17:11 - Oct 21 by WarwickHunt

Not specifically about Dyer but does this only apply if a club pays a loan fee as well as the wages?
I'd have thought a recall option was pretty standard if they were just paying a player's wages.

Yes I believe that if a player is loaned between Premier league clubs and a loan fee is paid, then that player cannot be recalled. That is a premier league ruling. If the players wages only are paid then the clubs can agree their own recall status to a point.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Team for Villa on 18:02 - Oct 21 with 1980 viewsjasper_T

It's common sense. If Leicester paid us £1m for Dyer for the season (it was at least that) we can't turn around a month later and say we're taking him back, tough shit.
Team for Villa on 18:13 - Oct 21 with 1969 viewsmorningstar

Team for Villa on 18:02 - Oct 21 by jasper_T

It's common sense. If Leicester paid us £1m for Dyer for the season (it was at least that) we can't turn around a month later and say we're taking him back, tough shit.

Even if no fee had been paid at all, then it would be pointless recalling him before January as he wouldn't be able to play as he is not named in our 25 man squad!
[Post edited 21 Oct 2015 18:14]

Team for Villa on 18:27 - Oct 21 with 1949 viewsDarran

Team for Villa on 18:02 - Oct 21 by jasper_T

Yeah but it doesn't work like that in Warwicks head.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Team for Villa on 18:31 - Oct 21 with 1941 viewsWarwickHunt

Team for Villa on 18:27 - Oct 21 by Darran

Yeah but it doesn't work like that in Warwicks head.

Dull boy.

Obviously it applies if they've paid a fee. My question was about only paying the wages...
Team for Villa on 18:34 - Oct 21 with 1937 viewsDarran

Team for Villa on 18:31 - Oct 21 by WarwickHunt

Dull boy.

Obviously it applies if they've paid a fee. My question was about only paying the wages...

Idiot.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Team for Villa on 19:39 - Oct 21 with 1903 viewsHip

Time to change things up. Here's a line up that can go from 433, 4231 or 442 Diamond. It's time to give some of the squad players a chance. The play has been too slow and too predictable.

Sigurðsson, Eder, Ayew
Britton, Cork, Ki
Tabanou, Williams, Fernández, Naughton
Fabiański

Bench
Bafé, Emnes, Jeff, Jonjo, Taylor, Amat, Nordfeldt

It's insane that Monk keeps throwing out the same side and expects different results.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2015 19:46]
Login to get fewer ads

Team for Villa on 12:01 - Oct 23 with 1782 viewstomdickharry

A possible solution to the Siggerson conundrum would be to play Ayew on the left hand side of midfield which would allow Siggy to play in his normal role and Ayew with Talylor and Montero forming a formidable left side.Ki/Shelvey giving right hand side support to Rangel/Naughton as and when required.
Fabianski:
Rangel/Naughton:Williams:Fernandez:Taylor:
Ki:Shelvey:Ayew:
Siggerson:
Gomis: Montero:
Team for Villa on 12:24 - Oct 23 with 1758 viewsbuilthjack

Routledge may be fit

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Team for Villa on 18:22 - Oct 23 with 1647 viewsKilkennyjack

Team for Villa on 10:45 - Oct 20 by Uxbridge

Fab
Naughton Fed Ash Taylor (maybe Tabanou if he shows up in training and doesn't think his flounce worked)

Leon Ki
Ayew Gylfi Jeff

Gomis

Move the ball quicker in the middle, rest takes care of itself.

Perfect

Beware of the Risen People

Team for Villa on 19:48 - Oct 23 with 1606 viewsDavillin

Team for Villa on 00:23 - Oct 20 by Uxbridge

I'd play Leon. Need to speed our midfield up. Probably play Ki and Gylfi with him. May be harsh on Jonjo but he can come on.

Our failure to win the midfield battle is the main thing that is causing us to look so shoddy in other areas IMO.

Problem identified, solution identified. Thanks.

Monk needs to play his best available in every game and stop tinkering with giving everybody playing time.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Team for Villa on 21:31 - Oct 23 with 1559 viewscurleigh

Team for Villa on 09:53 - Oct 20 by johnlangy

Correct.

And quite how anyone reckons Barrow did enough last night to deserve to retain his place I don't know. Did people not see how any times other players were having to tell him what he should be doing. He's young and inexperienced I know but even allowing for that he was awful.

agree with this
Team for Villa on 21:55 - Oct 23 with 1544 viewsbuilthjack

Team for Villa on 10:45 - Oct 20 by Uxbridge

Fab
Naughton Fed Ash Taylor (maybe Tabanou if he shows up in training and doesn't think his flounce worked)

Leon Ki
Ayew Gylfi Jeff

Gomis

Move the ball quicker in the middle, rest takes care of itself.

Worth a try this

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Team for Villa on 22:47 - Oct 23 with 1512 viewsGriffting

Fab
Naughton Fede ash tayls
Ki shelvey
Ayew siggy montero
Gomis

Arguably our strongest 11
Let's go boss them!
Team for Villa on 22:53 - Oct 23 with 1507 viewsmorningstar

Team for Villa on 22:47 - Oct 23 by Griffting

Fab
Naughton Fede ash tayls
Ki shelvey
Ayew siggy montero
Gomis

Arguably our strongest 11
Let's go boss them!

Please don't post a sensible line up mate ffs. There are people on here calling for McBurnie to lead the line in a Prem league game because he's 'bangin em in for the U21's!

Team for Villa on 02:15 - Oct 24 with 1452 viewsChrisSCFC

------------------Fabianski------------

Naughton -- Amat --- Williams - -Taylor

---------------Britton--------Ki---------------

Routledge-------Sigurdsson-------Montero

--------------------Gomiss--------------------
Team for Villa on 11:07 - Oct 24 with 1371 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Team for Villa on 19:48 - Oct 23 by Davillin

Problem identified, solution identified. Thanks.

Monk needs to play his best available in every game and stop tinkering with giving everybody playing time.

He DOES NOT give everyone playing time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024