Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you remember the days 12:28 - Dec 18 with 14349 viewsswancity

When there were just 3000 fans dotted around the Vetch Field?

When Prosser used to wheel up and down the track along the South Stand making funny faces

When away trips to places like Rochdale, Hartlepool, Cambridge and Chesterfield were to be cherished

When you were ankle deep in piss in the North Bank toilets

When you knew at the games you were surrounded by genuine fans of the football club and not people with a passing interest who have jumped onto a bandwagon

Where you could smoke a cigarette if you wanted one

When the pasties were lovely and the tea like hot water

When you could pay cash at a turnstile to go in.

When Robbie James would stride purposefully from the halfway line before unleashing a thunderbolt

When the players were not vastly over paid. Really can any footballer be worth a salary of a cool £1m a month? Or even £1m a year.

Our story has indeed been an incredible one....but there was also something special about supporting our Swans through the bad times as well. The FA cup draw at Oxford brought back some good memories of standing on the terrace behind the goal at Oxford when I think we beat them on pens?

Good old days....

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Do you remember the days on 21:24 - Jan 24 with 948 viewsexiledclaseboy

Do you remember the days on 21:08 - Jan 24 by lifelong

I can remember the North Bank when it didn’t have a roof.

Yeah but how high were the interest rates?

Poll: Tory leader

Do you remember the days on 21:27 - Jan 24 with 932 viewsairedale

Do you remember the days on 18:43 - Jan 24 by builthjack

That tv gantry on the north bank. Thinking about it, it was bloody dangerous. The metal ladder with the ring around it, and having to pull down a wooden one to get you started. Then they must have froze their bllocks off in winter up there. Brrrrrrrrrrr.t

That tv camera fell onto the head of a bloke from Loughor. Steel plate and compo.

Same bloke had a significant lottery win in the 1990s.
Do you remember the days on 21:46 - Jan 24 with 909 viewslonglostjack

Anybody remember a garage owner near the Vetch being prosecuted? I have a vague recollection that he allowed people to park there during a match but they had to hand the keys over in case he needed to move the car. Knowing that they'd be away for nearly two hours he changed car parts - brake pads, spark plugs, clutches etc. for older ones. Might be my memory playing tricks mind or an urban myth at the time. Must have been in the seventies.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Do you remember the days on 22:02 - Jan 24 with 886 viewsswan65split

Loved the Vetch , how we could do with that atmosphere now, in our hour of need.
My fear of the Vetch,..….of ever needing a crap there!!!!!!
Do you remember the days on 22:07 - Jan 24 with 880 viewsmarchamjack

Lets not kid ourselves...it was a great place and a crap place all at the same time.

I will say though nothing at The Lib compares to going in the North Bank and walking up the ramped entrance onto the terraces and the wonder of emerging into that space, particularly under the lights. It was literally like emerging into a wonderous place and who knew what would happen. Usually not much in fairness, but that anticipation of the walk up the ramp onto the North Bank does not exist at The Liberty.

Great times. Sht times. Both.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Do you remember the days on 22:12 - Jan 24 with 870 viewsswan65split

Do you remember the days on 23:26 - Dec 18 by Edmundo

Ankle deep..........lmfao

Nothing like a bit of exaggeration!

There might have been a bit of piss on the floor on times.

The pasties......well yeh either nuclear hot or friggin luke warm😐

Open bank ones were always ankle deep, always imitating Fred Astaire tip toe to empty
Do you remember the days on 22:14 - Jan 24 with 867 viewsRobbie

Mentioning garages , remember Lex Mead / Fletchers had showrooms on the walk to the North Bank .
Do you remember the days on 00:14 - Jan 25 with 796 viewsBobby_Fischer

Do you remember the days on 21:20 - Jan 24 by E20Jack

Perch getting all brave with his old useame back. What a cretin.

This was the time he was a cunstable propositioning homosexuals in public toilets and beating up drunk people on their way home, of course he has no affinity with this - he was the enemy.

EDIT: Sorry spelt c*ntstable wrong there.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2018 0:16]

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024