Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Striker more important than a manager? 17:17 - Jan 2 with 1667 viewsDanGom1

Obviously we need a manager asap but Curtis is doing a fine job at the moment, but our big problem at the moment is a striker, if we had a Remy, Austin type striker who can make intelligent runs when on the counter we could have won today!

Big credit to the players today though, thought we played well and probably deserved a draw!

On to the next game!!
Striker more important than a manager on 17:25 - Jan 2 with 1620 viewsexiledclaseboy

We have tremendous strikers, we just have no clue what to do with them.

Must be true, I read it on here.

We need a manager and a striker worthy of the moniker. Pronto.

Poll: Tory leader

Striker more important than a manager? on 17:27 - Jan 2 with 1597 viewsSgorioFruit

Curtis will keep us up, just need a striker this month, end of!!!!!!!

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Striker more important than a manager? on 17:30 - Jan 2 with 1557 viewsNeath_Jack

No chance.

We need a manager in now.

Perhaps he can then get us to create openings for our strikers.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Striker more important than a manager? on 19:25 - Jan 2 with 1352 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Striker more important than a manager? on 17:30 - Jan 2 by Neath_Jack

No chance.

We need a manager in now.

Perhaps he can then get us to create openings for our strikers.

Indeed

Fresh ideas needed ASAP .

Also a centre forward who can just put a decent 90 minutes in week in week out .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Striker more important than a manager? on 19:28 - Jan 2 with 1340 viewsTheKirkyLife

Here's where I am at. We have a chance of securing Frank de Boer. FRANK DE BOER. If he is only open to us when the season is done then I say in Curtis we trust.

I've said it for ages now. Austin is what we need and now will be the best chance to get him. QPR are clearly not going up this year and he has six months left on contract. Time to bring him back to where he belongs.
Striker more important than a manager? on 19:29 - Jan 2 with 1334 viewsunion_jack

Striker more important than a manager? on 17:27 - Jan 2 by SgorioFruit

Curtis will keep us up, just need a striker this month, end of!!!!!!!

No, no, no, no, no!!!!

Yes to the striker though.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Striker more important than a manager? on 19:42 - Jan 2 with 1311 viewsjojaca

Striker more important than a manager? on 19:29 - Jan 2 by union_jack

No, no, no, no, no!!!!

Yes to the striker though.

Im in the midfield not creating chances camp, Ronaldo and Messi would struggle in our team. Our midlfield play this year has been too slow with no width. Lets get back to pacey wingers(Montero/Barrow) out wide, up the tempo in our play and start getting more attempts on goal because if that column does not increase we are going down and please start with only half decent striker Gomis, even if he is bad, he does give us presence up top.

Even when you know, you never know?

Striker more important than a manager? on 19:54 - Jan 2 with 1276 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Striker more important than a manager? on 19:42 - Jan 2 by jojaca

Im in the midfield not creating chances camp, Ronaldo and Messi would struggle in our team. Our midlfield play this year has been too slow with no width. Lets get back to pacey wingers(Montero/Barrow) out wide, up the tempo in our play and start getting more attempts on goal because if that column does not increase we are going down and please start with only half decent striker Gomis, even if he is bad, he does give us presence up top.

Gomis does not "create" goals like most strikers, that is what we need.
As well as a Manager of course.
Login to get fewer ads

Striker more important than a manager? on 20:00 - Jan 2 with 1243 viewsLord_Bony

We desperately need a new No 9 not 10...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Striker more important than a manager? on 20:24 - Jan 2 with 1171 viewsjack247

Depends who the striker and manager are. I'm pretty convinced we could survive with Curt if we managed to get a decent striker in and he hit the ground running. It's a pretty short term view though, as we would be starting all over with a new boss in the summer and that would immediately put us at a disadvantage starting next season.

Ideally, a manager who can get the most out of the current squad and then make tweaks in the summer when he has bedded in. In reality, I don't see any manager of repute agreeing to come here without transfer funds and I'd guess striker is where he would start.

BTW, Remy and Austin aren't really similar types. Remy plays a similar game to Gomis, he is just more prolific. From the two, the think Austin would probably suit us more.
Striker more important than a manager? on 20:35 - Jan 2 with 1138 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Striker more important than a manager? on 20:24 - Jan 2 by jack247

Depends who the striker and manager are. I'm pretty convinced we could survive with Curt if we managed to get a decent striker in and he hit the ground running. It's a pretty short term view though, as we would be starting all over with a new boss in the summer and that would immediately put us at a disadvantage starting next season.

Ideally, a manager who can get the most out of the current squad and then make tweaks in the summer when he has bedded in. In reality, I don't see any manager of repute agreeing to come here without transfer funds and I'd guess striker is where he would start.

BTW, Remy and Austin aren't really similar types. Remy plays a similar game to Gomis, he is just more prolific. From the two, the think Austin would probably suit us more.

Austin, is very injury prone, in fact I think he is out now.
Striker more important than a manager? on 20:56 - Jan 2 with 1081 viewsjack247

Striker more important than a manager? on 20:35 - Jan 2 by A_Fans_Dad

I wasn't advocating signing Austin, just saying I thought he would suit us more than Remy.
Striker more important than a manager? on 21:47 - Jan 2 with 1010 viewsLeonisGod

Nope. Manager is most important role in the club.
Striker more important than a manager? on 22:33 - Jan 2 with 921 viewsBorojack

Striker more important than a manager? on 21:47 - Jan 2 by LeonisGod

Nope. Manager is most important role in the club.

Viĺla got a new manager when they sacked Tim Sheward.
Not won a game yet just saying.
So no guarantees but yes the board need to do something.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Striker more important than a manager? on 07:55 - Jan 3 with 789 viewsrobbiejames86

Striker more important than a manager? on 20:35 - Jan 2 by A_Fans_Dad

It's a myth Charlie Austin is injury prone, just checked wiki and over the last 4 and half season's has played 160 league games scoring 86 goals. But there's no chance of him coming down here even if Qpr agreed to sell him, he's going nowhere. Why join a team in relegation trouble now when in 6 months he'll be able to pick up a cut of the 10-15m his next club will save.
Remy on loan would be best or jordan Rhodes, but I agree a striker is more important than rushing in the wrong manager, Curtis has things ticking over nicely bar goals. If Gardiola came in tomorrow where would the goals come from?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024