Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The upcoming election for the assembly 19:36 - Mar 31 with 2255 viewsJackfath

After watching the news tonight I thought I'd do some online research to find out who is standing in my constitency and read up a bit about the various candidates.

Unfortunately this is proving far more difficult than I had hoped.

It's almost as though they don't want people to do some research for themselves and just have what the media throw at us as way of making our choices.

Any ideas as to where I could find a list of the candidates?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The upcoming election for the assembly on 13:18 - Apr 1 with 545 viewsHighjack

The upcoming election for the assembly on 20:11 - Mar 31 by Flashberryjack

Is she ST holder ?

No but she watches all the matches in the pub.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The upcoming election for the assembly on 13:21 - Apr 1 with 537 viewsskippyjack

The upcoming election for the assembly on 19:47 - Mar 31 by Jackfath

Thank you. Quite incredible that the names on there are not linked to any external sites. One may as well apply Skippy's horse betting system in picking names that one likes. It's potentially a good site but oh so lacking in any real information for the budding voter.

Isn't that what voting is? picking a candidate that one likes?

And you have the audacity to call us thickies thick.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

The upcoming election for the assembly on 13:22 - Apr 1 with 534 viewsacejack3065

The upcoming election for the assembly on 13:16 - Apr 1 by CopperJack

I've emailed Edwina Hart and Julie James asking about the disparity in funding. They both uttered the usual rhetoric, we love Swansea and give it loads, look at the museum, city centre plans and bay campus. When I pointed out that these were primarily EU funded and the city centre regeneration is being done with less than £20m WAG money (less than they spend maintaining Cardiff Bay EVERY YEAR), they haven't responded.

They rely on public ignorance to keep them in. They can't dispute facts.

When did you email and when did they respond?

I've got a sneaky feeling that you probably wont get another response now because I think the assembly dissolves today. I wouldn't be surprised if all the Assembly staff have cleared off for a month.

Wouldn't count on another response till after the election.
The upcoming election for the assembly on 14:06 - Apr 1 with 510 viewsCopperJack

The upcoming election for the assembly on 13:22 - Apr 1 by acejack3065

When did you email and when did they respond?

I've got a sneaky feeling that you probably wont get another response now because I think the assembly dissolves today. I wouldn't be surprised if all the Assembly staff have cleared off for a month.

Wouldn't count on another response till after the election.

I last emailed Julie James about 2 months ago, Edwina about a month. Like you say, I won't be holding my breath, but Labour always fall to pieces when actually held to account.

I heard Carywn on Swansea Sound, when questioned, took sole responsibility for the Bay Campus, city centre regeneration, City deal, Museum. They contributed a tiny fraction to the Bay campus, less than £20m to the city centre, nothing to the city deal, and the museum was EU funds.

As I say, they rely on ignorance.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

The upcoming election for the assembly on 17:21 - Apr 1 with 478 viewsjohnlangy

The upcoming election for the assembly on 14:06 - Apr 1 by CopperJack

I last emailed Julie James about 2 months ago, Edwina about a month. Like you say, I won't be holding my breath, but Labour always fall to pieces when actually held to account.

I heard Carywn on Swansea Sound, when questioned, took sole responsibility for the Bay Campus, city centre regeneration, City deal, Museum. They contributed a tiny fraction to the Bay campus, less than £20m to the city centre, nothing to the city deal, and the museum was EU funds.

As I say, they rely on ignorance.

I should point out that the £20 million promised towards the cost of the City Centre redevelopment will only happen IF the development goes ahead.

The last two proposed developments didn't. I won't hold my breath this time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024