Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? 12:50 - Oct 4 with 4691 viewsjackjackjackjack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37551059

Swansea City's new manager Bob Bradley says his appointment is a key moment for United States football.
The 58-year-old former USA boss is the first American to manage in the Premier League, following the Swans' sacking of Francesco Guidolin.

After his last game in charge of French side Le Havre, Bradley said: "To go to the Premier League is special.
"It's still an opportunity for me, for my family and for American football. That's important."

The Welsh side have won just once in their past seven matches and are 17th in the Premier League table.
Swansea's American owners, Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien, and chairman Huw Jenkins ended the 10-month tenure of Italian Guidolin on Monday with the club above the relegation places only on goal difference.

Bradley beat ex-Manchester United assistant manager Ryan Giggs, former Derby boss Paul Clement and the one-time Villarreal manager Marcelino to the job after spells in Egypt, Norway and France since leaving the USA in 2011.
He spent last season at French second-tier side Le Havre, missing out on promotion to Ligue 1 by a single goal.
"I am sorry to leave, especially at this moment," said Bradley after Monday's 2-1 win over Sochaux, a result that left Le Havre fifth in Ligue 2.
"In a perfect world I would go right to the end with this team just like last year - but football does not control timing."

Bradley is expected to take his first training session at Swansea on Wednesday, with the club's next game against Arsenal at Emirates Stadium on Saturday, 15 October after the international break.

His first decision is likely to be the make-up of his support staff.
Guidolin's backroom team - Diego Bortoluzzi, Gabriele Ambrosetti and Claudio Bordon - were released alongside the 61-year-old, who was dismissed on his birthday.
Club stalwart Alan Curtis, who spent time as interim manager last season following Garry Monk's December departure, is expected to play a key role at the Liberty Stadium.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 16:50 - Oct 4 with 1338 viewslonglostjack

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 16:40 - Oct 4 by stAteSwan

It's almost certain that Bradley will be one of the hardest working managers Swansea has had in a while. Keep in mind that he is still lauded internationally for sticking with the Egypt job against his own Government's advice in 2012. He stayed in Cairo in a middle class Apartment in the middle of the Arab Spring, and kept the National team together for a year in which the Egyptian League was shut down because of the stadium disaster there.

The biggest knock is the inability to win the one game that would have really improved his resume. He missed out on the Confederations Cup title, missed out by a game of getting Egypt to the World Cup, and missed out by a goal of promoting Le Havre. Accomplishing any single one of those things probably alters the course of his career significantly.

Yep. Just imagine how impressed the football world would have been had he ensured Le Havre's promotion for example.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 17:31 - Oct 4 with 1270 viewsharryhpalmer

So Curt stays as his number 2 - that in my opinion is crucial.

but Boo Radley's recent clubs he has used local coaches, from what I can see.

I am hoping to god that doesn't mean the likes of Tate being promoted to first team coach!

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 18:30 - Oct 4 with 1163 viewsPrivate_Partz

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 13:04 - Oct 4 by TheKirkyLife

Didn't ever hear Paul Clement's name in there. I felt he did pretty well at Derby in all honesty.

Curt better have a key role. The more I think of him and Bradley together the more encouraged I am to be honest. Let's not pre-judge until a ball has been kicked for real.

I never heard it mentioned either. They have now drip fed that Giggs did not get it because he interviewed so badly!
As for Curt having a big part to play, I would say wait and see. He may be involved in the transition updating Boo but I bet he will want his own staff in and AC will be back on kettle duties until / if it goes t"ts up.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 18:38 - Oct 4 with 1138 viewsLoyal

I did not have sex with that bald man.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 19:10 - Oct 4 with 1081 viewsmorningstar

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 16:40 - Oct 4 by stAteSwan

It's almost certain that Bradley will be one of the hardest working managers Swansea has had in a while. Keep in mind that he is still lauded internationally for sticking with the Egypt job against his own Government's advice in 2012. He stayed in Cairo in a middle class Apartment in the middle of the Arab Spring, and kept the National team together for a year in which the Egyptian League was shut down because of the stadium disaster there.

The biggest knock is the inability to win the one game that would have really improved his resume. He missed out on the Confederations Cup title, missed out by a game of getting Egypt to the World Cup, and missed out by a goal of promoting Le Havre. Accomplishing any single one of those things probably alters the course of his career significantly.

So he failed to get Egypt to the World Cup Finals despite being able to work with most of his squad on a full time basis as they had no domestic football too play? Interesting, and very worrying some would say.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 19:13 - Oct 4 with 1068 viewsstAteSwan

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 19:10 - Oct 4 by morningstar

So he failed to get Egypt to the World Cup Finals despite being able to work with most of his squad on a full time basis as they had no domestic football too play? Interesting, and very worrying some would say.

It's one way to look at it, but having watched what the US National team looked like before there was a domestic league over here, I can assure you it's not that easy.

The hard part is maintaining match fitness when you've got a bunch of players who are not playing regular club football. It's not as if Egypt was playing regular matches during that time. They had to scramble to find clubs from other countries willing to play closed door friendlies to keep the team sharp. That's just not the same as regular league competition.
Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 19:20 - Oct 4 with 1044 viewsmorningstar

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 19:13 - Oct 4 by stAteSwan

It's one way to look at it, but having watched what the US National team looked like before there was a domestic league over here, I can assure you it's not that easy.

The hard part is maintaining match fitness when you've got a bunch of players who are not playing regular club football. It's not as if Egypt was playing regular matches during that time. They had to scramble to find clubs from other countries willing to play closed door friendlies to keep the team sharp. That's just not the same as regular league competition.

Don't worry, i was just taking the pi$$. Always looking for a negative in light hearted way me! I find things easier that way!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 19:40 - Oct 4 with 999 viewsairedale

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 14:36 - Oct 4 by JACKMANANDBOY

It feels like Williams was aware of what was/is happening and jumped ship.

When Ash went to Everton he said of Koeman, 'At least you know when he's in the room'.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024