Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Greatest Swans Director 13:27 - Nov 4 with 2333 viewsQJumpingJack

Who is the greatest Director (not necessarily Chairman) in recent history?

Struel? Sharpe? Jenkins? David Morgan?

Discuss....
The Greatest Swans Director on 13:43 - Nov 4 with 2292 viewsairedale

Got to be Jenkins I spose, bearing in mind the clubs' financial health, and 'where we are today'.
The Greatest Swans Director on 15:47 - Nov 4 with 2122 viewsSlugster664

JVZ easy

STID

The Greatest Swans Director on 16:15 - Nov 4 with 2076 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Greatest Swans Director on 15:47 - Nov 4 by Slugster664

JVZ easy

You are tenko and I claim my £5.
The Greatest Swans Director on 18:11 - Nov 4 with 1943 viewscostalotta

Was Mel Nurse a director?
The Greatest Swans Director on 18:40 - Nov 4 with 1896 viewsLoyal

Dougie.
He gave us hope and paved the way.
And did that Blackpool away thingy with Thompson.
Brilliant.
Fck me, he showed his colours then.
Black and White.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Greatest Swans Director on 22:48 - Nov 4 with 1787 viewsTNT

The Greatest Swans Director on 18:40 - Nov 4 by Loyal

Dougie.
He gave us hope and paved the way.
And did that Blackpool away thingy with Thompson.
Brilliant.
Fck me, he showed his colours then.
Black and White.

My recollection is Mel Nurse and the gang of four (good first album 'Entertainment!' btw, Loyal - but I digress) saved The Swans in the eighties. Had we depended on Sharpe, we would have reached the point of no return. Yes, Sharpe then stepped in and took over.

We stagnated in the third tier for many, many years under Sharpe, as he sold every player who became worth anything (John Cornforth, Jason Bowen, Steve Jenkins, John Ford, John Williams, Des Lyttle, Terry Phelan etc. mostly brought in for next to nothing, by Frankie Burrows (doffs cap!), and sold for up to £350,000, when a little ambition would have taken us to the second tier. When he had any stick, he disappeared to his villa in Spain (sound familiar?). He eventually sold us to dodgy character(s) - sound familiar?
[Post edited 4 Nov 2016 22:56]

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Greatest Swans Director on 23:01 - Nov 4 with 1760 viewsLoyal

The Greatest Swans Director on 22:48 - Nov 4 by TNT

My recollection is Mel Nurse and the gang of four (good first album 'Entertainment!' btw, Loyal - but I digress) saved The Swans in the eighties. Had we depended on Sharpe, we would have reached the point of no return. Yes, Sharpe then stepped in and took over.

We stagnated in the third tier for many, many years under Sharpe, as he sold every player who became worth anything (John Cornforth, Jason Bowen, Steve Jenkins, John Ford, John Williams, Des Lyttle, Terry Phelan etc. mostly brought in for next to nothing, by Frankie Burrows (doffs cap!), and sold for up to £350,000, when a little ambition would have taken us to the second tier. When he had any stick, he disappeared to his villa in Spain (sound familiar?). He eventually sold us to dodgy character(s) - sound familiar?

Thing is dougie wasn't bothered, he did what he did because he was a swans fan. And let's be honest if he kept all the money he put in to the club he wouldn't have gone bankrupt ! 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Greatest Swans Director on 23:19 - Nov 4 with 1731 viewsKilkennyjack

He's fat, he's round, he's worth a million pound, Dougy Sharpe, Dougy Sharpe, 😎

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

The Greatest Swans Director on 23:24 - Nov 4 with 1721 viewsbarry_island

Not a topic I would have thought of before the last month.

Forget the directors, the supporters are the beating heart of the club.

The greatest has got to be someone who has done it for the love of the club rather than their pocket, their ego or the status. The only candidates, and I don't include myself, are the 2 or 3,000 who have supported the club through thick and thin, paying their own way, often using a huge amount of their disposable income to do so and not expecting or receiving anything in return.

None of our current or recent directors qualify.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

The Greatest Swans Director on 23:25 - Nov 4 with 1721 viewsLeonisGod

No brainer...Jenkins. As much as the Latest Wronged dissagree. Punching above our weight in the PL for 5 yrs, including a good stab at the Europa League. No one else has come close.
The Greatest Swans Director on 23:32 - Nov 4 with 1708 viewsmorningstar

The Greatest Swans Director on 23:01 - Nov 4 by Loyal

Thing is dougie wasn't bothered, he did what he did because he was a swans fan. And let's be honest if he kept all the money he put in to the club he wouldn't have gone bankrupt ! 👍

He took every grant that was available following the Hillsboro disaster, and Bradford fire. All the works were carried out by Sharpe and Ayers! And he didn't last long after he pocketed the £925k we received from the 50% sell on clause over Chris Colemans transfer from Palace to Blackburn! Ffs Loyal, you either have a short memory or you're more naive than i thought you were mun!
[Post edited 4 Nov 2016 23:36]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The Greatest Swans Director on 23:36 - Nov 4 with 1683 viewsNeathJack

Mal Pope
The Greatest Swans Director on 00:11 - Nov 5 with 1636 viewsTNT

The Greatest Swans Director on 23:24 - Nov 4 by barry_island

Not a topic I would have thought of before the last month.

Forget the directors, the supporters are the beating heart of the club.

The greatest has got to be someone who has done it for the love of the club rather than their pocket, their ego or the status. The only candidates, and I don't include myself, are the 2 or 3,000 who have supported the club through thick and thin, paying their own way, often using a huge amount of their disposable income to do so and not expecting or receiving anything in return.

None of our current or recent directors qualify.

Good post.

The Greatest Swans Director on 00:15 - Nov 5 with 1625 viewsjackportis

Hj you plum. Fact. But has let himself down recently? Now u have the answer close the thread

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

The Greatest Swans Director on 00:29 - Nov 5 with 1612 viewsmorningstar

The Greatest Swans Director on 00:15 - Nov 5 by jackportis

Hj you plum. Fact. But has let himself down recently? Now u have the answer close the thread

Nope, close your account on here. You're the biggest plum on the fvckin internet.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The Greatest Swans Director on 00:33 - Nov 5 with 1605 viewsbarry_island

You're always judged on your recent record.

Our recent directors are disqualified immediately.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

The Greatest Swans Director on 07:24 - Nov 5 with 1526 viewsTNT

The Greatest Swans Director on 22:48 - Nov 4 by TNT

That's up to £350,000 per player, for any newbies reading, which was a helluva lot of money back then!

Now, where's the Dick Turpin with a mask smilie?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024