Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guardian Article on Foreign Ownership 22:02 - Nov 29 with 2730 viewsVetchitBack

Good read sums up where I am with football and we (Jenkin's sale to the Yanks) gets more than a mention.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/oct/28/foreign-ownership-english-

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Guardian Article on Foreign Ownership on 22:26 - Nov 29 with 2677 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cheers. A very good read indeed.
Maybe the bubble is bursting and we are right up there with the 'prickers' ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Guardian Article on Foreign Ownership on 22:35 - Nov 29 with 2656 viewsjack2jack

Good read and sums up football today,muti billion pond/dollar/yen/etc industry,now.Ive thought it for a long time,money has ruined the game,vultures,circling all around to make a quick buck.The fans are getting squeezed out its all about how much can I/we get out of this,just look what's happened to us,on the face of it we've become just another cash cow for investors,dont know where it'll end.Looking at the far East,trying to throw money left right and centre at the sport,trying to get in on the act over the next few years,i shouldn't wonder.Just my take on things.
Guardian Article on Foreign Ownership on 23:02 - Nov 29 with 2612 viewslonglostjack

Should be compulsory reading for our new owners if they are genuinely interested in a sustainable business model as opposed to killing the goose that laid the golden egg for short term gain.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Guardian Article on Foreign Ownership on 07:11 - Nov 30 with 2498 viewsNOTRAC

We have to be the worst example of all. Every other club was owned by one or two individuals who had little connection with the true club supporter.We were sold out by our own fans with little regard in the end for the long term welfare of our club.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Guardian Article on Foreign Ownership on 10:53 - Nov 30 with 2377 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

THIS

Perhaps Huw Jenkins and his colleagues could not be blamed for taking the opportunity to make millions for themselves by selling Swansea to an American consortium, against the wishes of the supporters’ trust with whom they had collaborated on the original rescue operation. But in providing yet another example of the willingness to exploit a football club as a means to self-enrichment, the decision added a further drop or two to the reservoir of cynicism and resentment that may be destroying the foundations of a global entertainment phenomenon all too willing to treat its set of core identities as transferable assets.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024