Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January 00:19 - Dec 15 with 4911 viewsEilian

If you had to choose between changing the manager or signing 3 new players on Jan 1st then which would you choose?

Let's say that you had a transfer budget of £15M. You could spend it all on one player and get one free transfer and a loan or any combination of those. But strictly only 3 players.

What do you do?
January on 22:38 - Dec 15 with 783 viewsJango

January on 22:31 - Dec 15 by Rancid

Do you think that Bob Bradley has a better chance of keeping us up than Sam Allardyce would? He might have had a better start than Allardyce but lets face it it was hardly noticeable.It's the second half of the season that counts now and we've got an awful squad with an American in charge who's like a dwarf in the NBA.I don't fancy our chances with this fella and I don't think he'll attract the players that someone like Allardyce could and it won't involve Huw Jenkins either.It's shit or bust come January.

It might not have been noticeable but it was better non the less so who's saying he won't have a better second half of season also. Who are these players you think Allardyce will bring in because he never took any tidy names to Sunderland.
January on 22:46 - Dec 15 with 780 viewsRancid

January on 22:38 - Dec 15 by Jango

It might not have been noticeable but it was better non the less so who's saying he won't have a better second half of season also. Who are these players you think Allardyce will bring in because he never took any tidy names to Sunderland.

They done enough to stay up.The players he brought in didn't pull up any trees but they stayed up nonetheless.And again it's the 2nd half of the season that counts now and the one thing Allardyce done was shore up their defence which resulted in them having a far better 2nd half and surviving.

We could do with some of that, our goals against is horrendous.

You think Bradley should stay I think different, we're going round in circles now so we'll call it quits for the readers.
January on 23:52 - Dec 15 with 730 viewsRancid

January on 12:44 - Dec 15 by Jango

We could bring in guardiola and we wouldn't be able to attract a 20 goal a season striker in the position we are in. So Sam allardyce won't be able to and wouldn't have been able to at Sunderland.

He already had one in Defoe didn't he?
January on 13:09 - Dec 16 with 670 viewsJango

January on 22:46 - Dec 15 by Rancid

They done enough to stay up.The players he brought in didn't pull up any trees but they stayed up nonetheless.And again it's the 2nd half of the season that counts now and the one thing Allardyce done was shore up their defence which resulted in them having a far better 2nd half and surviving.

We could do with some of that, our goals against is horrendous.

You think Bradley should stay I think different, we're going round in circles now so we'll call it quits for the readers.

You're missing my point mate, when Allardyce took over Sunderland he only got 9 points from his first 11 games before he started to turn thing around. Bradley currently has 8 from 7 games which is a better record than Allardyce yet you're not ready to give Bradley the chance that Allardyce got at Sunderland. If we were to bring Allardyce in and took 12+ games to get his style implemented like it did at Sunderland then it will be far too late. He only just kept Sunderland up and he'd been there there since October. As far as I can see Bradley is doing a better job at swans than Allardyce done at Sunderland
January on 13:49 - Dec 16 with 650 viewsjack247

January on 13:09 - Dec 16 by Jango

You're missing my point mate, when Allardyce took over Sunderland he only got 9 points from his first 11 games before he started to turn thing around. Bradley currently has 8 from 7 games which is a better record than Allardyce yet you're not ready to give Bradley the chance that Allardyce got at Sunderland. If we were to bring Allardyce in and took 12+ games to get his style implemented like it did at Sunderland then it will be far too late. He only just kept Sunderland up and he'd been there there since October. As far as I can see Bradley is doing a better job at swans than Allardyce done at Sunderland

Where are you getting 7 games from? I make it 9.

Either way, it looks like you will get your wish. They would have sacked him by now if they were going to.
January on 14:58 - Dec 16 with 630 viewsJango

January on 13:49 - Dec 16 by jack247

Where are you getting 7 games from? I make it 9.

Either way, it looks like you will get your wish. They would have sacked him by now if they were going to.

Sorry you're right, dunno why I thought it was 7 to be honest. It's not really my wish, I just don't see why people are calling for Allardyce when he done no better after his first few months in charge of Sunderland. He needed time and a transfer window as does any manager
January on 15:01 - Dec 16 with 629 viewsDafyddHuw

Even if we got 3 new players in, Coach Bob still woudn't know what to do with them.
Whilst he's our manager, we have no hope at all.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2016 15:01]
January on 15:10 - Dec 16 with 622 viewsjack247

January on 14:58 - Dec 16 by Jango

Sorry you're right, dunno why I thought it was 7 to be honest. It's not really my wish, I just don't see why people are calling for Allardyce when he done no better after his first few months in charge of Sunderland. He needed time and a transfer window as does any manager

Because he is available and is a far better manager than Bob
Login to get fewer ads

January on 17:48 - Dec 16 with 606 viewsRancid

January on 15:01 - Dec 16 by DafyddHuw

Even if we got 3 new players in, Coach Bob still woudn't know what to do with them.
Whilst he's our manager, we have no hope at all.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2016 15:01]

Exactly.I respect Jango's opinion on Bradley and Allardyce but if he thinks Bradley is the man to sign us the players we need and to get us out of trouble then i think he's way off the mark.We need to get rid of Bob Bradley and whether it be Nigel Pearson, Sam Allardyce or Reeco then we have to do it to give us a chance of staying up.
January on 23:29 - Dec 17 with 534 viewsRancid

January on 13:09 - Dec 16 by Jango

You still think Bob is gonna get us out of the shit, Jangs?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024