Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't want to criticise Curtis... 03:52 - Dec 30 with 2672 viewsdeanscfc

but there seems to be a lack of acceptance at the club that we are missing quality in the team these days:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38457191 (the video)

I mean it's great that he and others have faith in their players as coaches but if the message back to Huw and the Americans from coaches is that the squad is strong enough then naturally they're not going to be as active in the transfer window as they might have been. I think anyone can see that we lack quality in our side by now, particularly in defence. Seems to me that we've been lacking a strong manager who could come in and shake things up, ...identifying players quickly who aren't pulling their weight/aren't up to it and demanding assistance from the board in terms of transfers. Guidolin was a good guy and very experienced but acted as a coach rather than manager and Bob Bradley was just not up to speed at this level.

I don't really see why our next manager needs to be British either? Is that just for the sake of getting someone in quickly? All i care about is that they are experienced in a top league, take no nonsense and maybe most importantly have good contacts (and leverage) for January recruitment.

[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 3:58]
Don't want to criticise Curtis... on 05:43 - Dec 30 with 2604 viewsbarry_island

Assistant Manager in building up his players confidence shocker.

Apart from the real fans and Reg Pike I can't think of anyone who has ever done more for the club.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Don't want to criticise Curtis... on 08:34 - Dec 30 with 2436 viewsJethroJack

In the interest of balance, Curts did say we needed an "influx of players".
Don't want to criticise Curtis... on 09:21 - Dec 30 with 2266 views3swan

I took his words as.
We need strengthening and no individual looks able to step up and be a true leader.
As far as a British manager he did say ideally, again my take was we need a manager that will be up and running from day one.
Don't want to criticise Curtis... on 09:46 - Dec 30 with 2192 viewsShonky

People understandably never want to criticise AC as was evidenced last time he took over, when a bad performance resulted in anger towards those nasty board types for thrusting him, against his will, in charge of our monstrous team, and not towards AC himself.
If only we had been so understanding with Boob.

Its just a ride...

Don't want to criticise Curtis... on 10:26 - Dec 30 with 2037 viewsLoyal

Don't want to criticise Curtis... on 05:43 - Dec 30 by barry_island

Assistant Manager in building up his players confidence shocker.

Apart from the real fans and Reg Pike I can't think of anyone who has ever done more for the club.

Ref sent me a picture of Jeremy Charles once, signed and in pristine condition, it must have been 10 years old at the time, as was I 👍

I am told he lives in a crater now on Mars with Elvis and Myra from the old club shop.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Don't want to criticise Curtis... on 11:17 - Dec 30 with 1895 viewsbarry_island

Don't want to criticise Curtis... on 10:26 - Dec 30 by Loyal

Ref sent me a picture of Jeremy Charles once, signed and in pristine condition, it must have been 10 years old at the time, as was I 👍

I am told he lives in a crater now on Mars with Elvis and Myra from the old club shop.

Nah, somewhere in Mumbles I think.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024