Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jose Fonte to WHU 21:12 - Jan 20 with 1125 viewsPacemaker

For £8m seems a good buy

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Jose Fonte to WHU on 21:28 - Jan 20 with 1089 viewsTheKirkyLife

Bloody steal. Idiotic from his point of view but a steal. Investment my arse we should have been throwing money at him.
Jose Fonte to WHU on 22:18 - Jan 20 with 995 viewsmax936

Jose Fonte to WHU on 21:28 - Jan 20 by TheKirkyLife

Bloody steal. Idiotic from his point of view but a steal. Investment my arse we should have been throwing money at him.

Nah, we've got a far better buy on his way from the Northern Ryman League, he's 37 now, but he's got it all and he'll be equally as good in the Championship

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Jose Fonte to WHU on 22:32 - Jan 20 with 951 viewsCooperman

Too old by a few years.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Jose Fonte to WHU on 23:58 - Jan 20 with 854 viewsKilkennyjack

Jose Fonte to WHU on 21:28 - Jan 20 by TheKirkyLife

We have young Carroll instead.

Beware of the Risen People

Jose Fonte to WHU on 09:12 - Jan 21 with 740 viewsDewi1jack

Jose Fonte to WHU on 23:58 - Jan 20 by Kilkennyjack

We have young Carroll instead.

Which to put into context,
Spurs paid MK about £5 million for Dele Alli and we've paid about the same for Carroll.
Mmmm
Top notch scouting and buying again on our part.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Jose Fonte to WHU on 09:17 - Jan 21 with 726 viewsSTID2017

Jose Fonte to WHU on 09:12 - Jan 21 by Dewi1jack

Spurs paid MK about £5 million for Dele Alli and we've paid about the same for Carroll.
Mmmm

When be buy players from outside the Premiership we get slated though (granted few of them work out, Apart from Ash & Taylor)
Agree though we should have gone for this guy

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Jose Fonte to WHU on 09:22 - Jan 21 with 710 viewsMurph75

Jose Fonte to WHU on 09:12 - Jan 21 by Dewi1jack

Mmmm

I doubt spurs even believed Ali would have turned in to the player he has in such a short space of time.

The type of signing when a young player form lower league joins a top six side and makes an instant impact is very rare in my opinion.
Jose Fonte to WHU on 09:39 - Jan 21 with 686 viewsDewi1jack

Jose Fonte to WHU on 09:22 - Jan 21 by Murph75

I doubt spurs even believed Ali would have turned in to the player he has in such a short space of time.

The type of signing when a young player form lower league joins a top six side and makes an instant impact is very rare in my opinion.

But, think of the money we've spunked on pretty grim prospects (Grimes/ Tabanou/ Eder , Falkirk's whole academy etc etc) and think of the talent that we all watch quite regularly thanks to the telebox.
Surely if the scouting and buying network are doing their jobs properly, then we should be buying as good as, if not better than what we're selling.
Certainly should be getting better prospects.

Think of our scouting when we picked up the likes of Angel, Michu, JDG, Pablo, Ash, Dyer, Bodde, Trunds, Robinson etc, players who've served us well.
Now think of what we've been getting in the last 5 or 6 windows.

When you buy in Poundland, you don't always get a bargain.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Login to get fewer ads

Jose Fonte to WHU on 09:47 - Jan 21 with 674 viewsMurph75

Jose Fonte to WHU on 09:39 - Jan 21 by Dewi1jack

But, think of the money we've spunked on pretty grim prospects (Grimes/ Tabanou/ Eder , Falkirk's whole academy etc etc) and think of the talent that we all watch quite regularly thanks to the telebox.
Surely if the scouting and buying network are doing their jobs properly, then we should be buying as good as, if not better than what we're selling.
Certainly should be getting better prospects.

Think of our scouting when we picked up the likes of Angel, Michu, JDG, Pablo, Ash, Dyer, Bodde, Trunds, Robinson etc, players who've served us well.
Now think of what we've been getting in the last 5 or 6 windows.

When you buy in Poundland, you don't always get a bargain.

Blame Jenkins. He's the one that has the final say on signings.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024