Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation 18:37 - Apr 9 with 2168 viewsSwans_16

As we've all gathered by now, yes we're in the crap.

However, some people on this site love attributing blame to the Managers, where in fact the flaws go far, far deeper.

This season, and arguably parts of other recent seasons, 'The Swansea Way' now ceases to exist in any way, shape or form with severe mis-management at board-level with growing the club whilst in the PL, and of course the quality of our squad.

This season is a culmination of the last 4 seasons mis-management, where our star players have been sold for cheap alternatives, or completely rubbish ones (Borja for example, although he has not at all had a fair chance).

Now this season for all the doom-spreaders, we're still in with a chance of beating the drop, but the players and PC need to treat every game like a cup final from here on in.

However, from the mis-management we've seen i don't think it would be such a bad thing to being Championship football next season (Apart from the obvious Financial and stature reasons). We need to build our squad, we need some kind of identity back, and various other things to get our club back to where we all want it to be. Historically those teams lacking in the necessary PL infrastructure tend to struggle as a function of time in the PL. Unfortunately, Swansea are one of those clubs where we have a relatively small stadium and other commercial income streams. The club needs building back up, and this wafer thin squad we have need to muster some might and courage to attempt to beat the drop, but from a lifelong Swansea fan ... It's not the end of the world, it may even be better for the longer term.

SW
An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 18:45 - Apr 9 with 1743 viewsmagicdaps10

None of us want to go down but I can see benefits in us going down.......crazy as it sounds!
We will clear a lot of players who are in it for the wrong reasons. Players like Mawson, Carroll, Fulton, Dan James, Mcburnie can benefit with experience in the championship in our rebuild of the club. We can get back to discovering young potential players from abroad als Rangel and Bodde.
Its a process that hopefully could bring back the Swansea way, one I believe can work but without that twaat Jenkins and his sell outs on board.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 18:51 - Apr 9 with 1722 viewsSwans_16

That's exactly the point i'm getting at ! Glad i'm not alone with those thoughts.

Fact is though, of course Jenkins and the Sellouts are going to stay. Just hopefully that'll be the kick up the bottom needed for them to realise the truly awful situation. Even if we do miraculously stay up, the same principle will hopefully apply.
An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 19:00 - Apr 9 with 1691 viewsmorningstar

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 18:51 - Apr 9 by Swans_16

That's exactly the point i'm getting at ! Glad i'm not alone with those thoughts.

Fact is though, of course Jenkins and the Sellouts are going to stay. Just hopefully that'll be the kick up the bottom needed for them to realise the truly awful situation. Even if we do miraculously stay up, the same principle will hopefully apply.

No, you're certainly not alone with your thoughts. There are many posters over the years who have made insane posts such as you have done. And magicdaps is usually there to back them up.

Trust me, as positive as you're trying to come across, in our situation, relegation is going to be bad for our club, really bad.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2017 19:07]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 19:12 - Apr 9 with 1649 viewsmonmouth

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 19:00 - Apr 9 by morningstar

No, you're certainly not alone with your thoughts. There are many posters over the years who have made insane posts such as you have done. And magicdaps is usually there to back them up.

Trust me, as positive as you're trying to come across, in our situation, relegation is going to be bad for our club, really bad.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2017 19:07]

You nasty old cynical sod. This is obviously a young poster with stars in his rose tinted eyes. Leave him alone.

Or he's on crack.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 19:21 - Apr 9 with 1614 viewsmorningstar

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 19:12 - Apr 9 by monmouth

You nasty old cynical sod. This is obviously a young poster with stars in his rose tinted eyes. Leave him alone.

Or he's on crack.

Nasty? I was trying to be as kind as i possibly could! Bless him.

But ye, it's the crack i reckon.

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 19:27 - Apr 9 with 1584 viewsjojaca

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 19:12 - Apr 9 by monmouth

Or he's on crack.

No offense, we could go down and never return to top flight again for 30/40 years. So I say we stay up this year, we can rebuild while in premier league.

Even when you know, you never know?

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 19:29 - Apr 9 with 1575 viewsSwans_16

That's of course the preference.

I think some of you are unsure of the term 'Lifelong''
An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 19:36 - Apr 9 with 1541 viewsmorningstar

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 19:29 - Apr 9 by Swans_16

Ok, i'll see your term 'lifelong' and raise you with my reality!
[Post edited 9 Apr 2017 19:37]

Login to get fewer ads

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 19:37 - Apr 9 with 1535 viewsDrGonzo

Bored of the premier league. Full of c*nt teams with c*nt fans. Everything is geared towards making a profit and achieving nothing but safety.
An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 19:39 - Apr 9 with 1525 viewsStarsky

West Ham lost 5 on the trot and then beat us.
We need a win, quick

It's just the internet, init.

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 19:49 - Apr 9 with 1482 viewsmorningstar

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 19:39 - Apr 9 by Starsky

We need a win, quick

Sure we do Starsk, people can live in cloud cuckoo land as much as they want, and yep. the Prem can be shite, but if we are relegated now in the position this club is in, then it will not be pretty.

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 19:50 - Apr 9 with 1474 viewsspiderboy

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 19:39 - Apr 9 by Starsky

We need a win, quick

Yes
saturday is a must win game!
An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 19:53 - Apr 9 with 1456 viewsDrGonzo

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 19:49 - Apr 9 by morningstar

Sure we do Starsk, people can live in cloud cuckoo land as much as they want, and yep. the Prem can be shite, but if we are relegated now in the position this club is in, then it will not be pretty.

So every club that has been relegated has disappeared into oblivion?
An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 19:56 - Apr 9 with 1448 viewsDarran

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 19:53 - Apr 9 by DrGonzo

Exactly like Newcastle this season see.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 20:01 - Apr 9 with 1421 viewsmorningstar

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 19:53 - Apr 9 by DrGonzo

Did i say that? But ye ok, clubs that get relegated who do not have backers do not historically do so well if we're honest. And trust me, if we go down we won't be backed. But i'm sure that deep down you already know that don't you?
[Post edited 9 Apr 2017 20:02]

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 20:06 - Apr 9 with 1389 viewsmonmouth

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 19:29 - Apr 9 by Swans_16

Unfortunately some of us are lifelong (including 'Lifelong') and have seen us relegated on numerous occasions and it has never ended well, almost always getting significantly worse very quickly, So no thanks, you can keep it, stuff it up your turkey and have it for next christmas.

Even Newcastle fans cant believe how lucky they've been this season, and their team is probably pretty much better than ours now, with a much better manager whatever Clement's potential might be, even with the midfield maestro that is Jogjog Shelvey.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2017 20:06]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 20:15 - Apr 9 with 1353 viewsmagicdaps10

The problem with Clement is that he worked wonders straight off when appointed, that was the benchmark.

The players reverted to their useless performances and Clement has been trying to readdress the problems and look for alternatives........and not come out smelling of roses.
The players are shocking but ultimately it is not their faults they are not good enough. The problem lies with the people who thought they were good enough in the first place.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 20:22 - Apr 9 with 1329 viewsmorningstar

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 20:15 - Apr 9 by magicdaps10

The problem with Clement is that he worked wonders straight off when appointed, that was the benchmark.

The players reverted to their useless performances and Clement has been trying to readdress the problems and look for alternatives........and not come out smelling of roses.
The players are shocking but ultimately it is not their faults they are not good enough. The problem lies with the people who thought they were good enough in the first place.

Fair play Daps, that's a pretty good assessment for you 9/10. I can't give you a 10 on the basis that it's what happens with most clubs who employ a new manager and have shit players.

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 20:49 - Apr 9 with 1258 viewsDr_Winston

I've seen nothing in the Championship that a well managed, carefully strengthened Swansea City side need to fear next season if we do take the drop. A team managed by Garry Monk is fifth FFS. This is not a division brimming with quality.

Biggest question is will we be either well managed or carefully strengthened. And by carefully strengthened I mean will we sign players that fit the way the manager wants to play rather than just flinging cash around for the sake of it.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 20:57 - Apr 9 with 1185 viewsspiderboy

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 20:49 - Apr 9 by Dr_Winston

I've seen nothing in the Championship that a well managed, carefully strengthened Swansea City side need to fear next season if we do take the drop. A team managed by Garry Monk is fifth FFS. This is not a division brimming with quality.

Biggest question is will we be either well managed or carefully strengthened. And by carefully strengthened I mean will we sign players that fit the way the manager wants to play rather than just flinging cash around for the sake of it.

This post has been edited by an administrator"seems to be your signature.
An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 20:58 - Apr 9 with 1172 viewsmorningstar

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 20:49 - Apr 9 by Dr_Winston

'flinging around cash for the sake of it'? Wtf you on about Jobs mun!

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 21:00 - Apr 9 with 1158 viewsDr_Winston

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 20:58 - Apr 9 by morningstar

'flinging around cash for the sake of it'? Wtf you on about Jobs mun!

Like £15m for a striker who we can't actually use Gar mun.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 21:05 - Apr 9 with 1127 viewsmorningstar

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 21:00 - Apr 9 by Dr_Winston

Like £15m for a striker who we can't actually use Gar mun.

Yep, but we won't be 'flinging the cash around' if we go down Jobs, in fact i'd say we won't be spending any cash at all!

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 21:10 - Apr 9 with 1108 viewsexiledclaseboy

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 21:05 - Apr 9 by morningstar

Yep, but we won't be 'flinging the cash around' if we go down Jobs, in fact i'd say we won't be spending any cash at all!

We'll be looking for 2017's equivalent of Steve Watkin.

Poll: Tory leader

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 21:15 - Apr 9 with 1087 viewsmorningstar

An Optimists Approach To Our Current Situation on 21:10 - Apr 9 by exiledclaseboy

We'll be looking for 2017's equivalent of Steve Watkin.

Let's hope we don't find him, though i fear we probably already have him on our books!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024