Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£10 minimum wage 16:22 - Jun 7 with 11293 viewspremierjack

Sorry if this has been posted on here before.

I'm not great on these political issues so thought I would ask you lot because I would like to use my vote so....

If labour put the minimum wage up to £10 an hour, wouldnt shops, businesses etc just put their prices up so the people earning more than £10 per hour at the moment be worse off? Also wouldn't it deskill some jobs that need qualifications and good education? For example, if someone was on £11 per hr, it may be worth quitting and doing a less stressful, less challenging job for only £1 an hour less?

This post has been edited by an administrator
£10 minimum wage on 16:32 - Jun 8 with 1101 viewsexiledclaseboy

£10 minimum wage on 16:31 - Jun 8 by rock1n

Behave yourself, it's a mutual nudge nudge wink wink win-win situation.

Hypocrisy abounds in our society

His tax affairs are not my concern though. What am I supposed to do? Ask him if he's going to declare it? He'd surely tell me to mind my own business.

Poll: Tory leader

£10 minimum wage on 16:36 - Jun 8 with 1091 viewsrock1n

£10 minimum wage on 16:32 - Jun 8 by exiledclaseboy

His tax affairs are not my concern though. What am I supposed to do? Ask him if he's going to declare it? He'd surely tell me to mind my own business.

You could ask for a receipt.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

£10 minimum wage on 16:36 - Jun 8 with 1088 viewsblueytheblue

£10 minimum wage on 16:32 - Jun 8 by exiledclaseboy

Indeed - my point was more along the lines of it being blatent - ie being quoted £450 but "£400 for cash"...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

£10 minimum wage on 16:37 - Jun 8 with 1086 viewsexiledclaseboy

£10 minimum wage on 16:36 - Jun 8 by rock1n

You could ask for a receipt.

That still won't confirm that he'll declare it though.

£10 minimum wage on 16:42 - Jun 8 with 1072 viewsexiledclaseboy

£10 minimum wage on 16:36 - Jun 8 by blueytheblue

Indeed - my point was more along the lines of it being blatent - ie being quoted £450 but "£400 for cash"...

I absolutely didn't have that conversation the other night when he quoted me.

£10 minimum wage on 16:48 - Jun 8 with 1055 viewsblueytheblue

£10 minimum wage on 16:42 - Jun 8 by exiledclaseboy

Dunno, those civil service tax cheat enablers - shoot the bloody lot of them!

£10 minimum wage on 16:48 - Jun 8 with 1055 viewswaynekerr55

£10 minimum wage on 16:42 - Jun 8 by exiledclaseboy

More so because the figure doesn't add up. If there's no VAT it would be 360 quid cash, surely?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

£10 minimum wage on 17:13 - Jun 8 with 1034 viewsJango

£10 minimum wage on 16:22 - Jun 8 by blueytheblue

Bit of a generalisation that, eh? I don't deal in cash but there's no way I'd cook the books... for me it's rich for people to complain about Starbucks whilst condoning handymen evading tax at the same time...

Where have I condoned it? My point is that there's a lot of small business who claim they'll have to cut staff or up costs, but I bet the thought of them taking a little hit on their income hasn't crossed their mind. When they're cooking books, which most do, getting tax breaks on company vehicles (Mercedes, Range Rovers etc) fuel wherever they go, works clothing, equipment etc, it's about time they realised that they get far more out of the rediculous system than their staff on £8.50
an hour do.
Login to get fewer ads

£10 minimum wage on 17:28 - Jun 8 with 1025 viewsblueytheblue

£10 minimum wage on 17:13 - Jun 8 by Jango

Where have I condoned it? My point is that there's a lot of small business who claim they'll have to cut staff or up costs, but I bet the thought of them taking a little hit on their income hasn't crossed their mind. When they're cooking books, which most do, getting tax breaks on company vehicles (Mercedes, Range Rovers etc) fuel wherever they go, works clothing, equipment etc, it's about time they realised that they get far more out of the rediculous system than their staff on £8.50
an hour do.

And again...

You're asserting "most cook the books".

Tax breaks on company vehicles? A company car used privately including commuting is taxable...

Works clothing? That doesn't mean suit and tie for the office, you know. It's for clothing that is used solely for work and is only capable of being used for work, ie a diving suit.

Equipment - again, you're talking equipment used solely for the purposes of work or it becomes a taxable benefit in kind... you can't just for example buy a laptop for "company business", give it to your kids and have them playing games, Bieber vids et al.

I suspect you don't know what legitimate business expenses are tbh. It certainly used to be the case you could put anything and everything through but these days reputable accountants will point it out if you take the piss... and you've little defence if HMRC investigate.

£10 minimum wage on 17:53 - Jun 8 with 1012 viewsJango

£10 minimum wage on 17:28 - Jun 8 by blueytheblue

And again...

You're asserting "most cook the books".

Tax breaks on company vehicles? A company car used privately including commuting is taxable...

Works clothing? That doesn't mean suit and tie for the office, you know. It's for clothing that is used solely for work and is only capable of being used for work, ie a diving suit.

Equipment - again, you're talking equipment used solely for the purposes of work or it becomes a taxable benefit in kind... you can't just for example buy a laptop for "company business", give it to your kids and have them playing games, Bieber vids et al.

I suspect you don't know what legitimate business expenses are tbh. It certainly used to be the case you could put anything and everything through but these days reputable accountants will point it out if you take the piss... and you've little defence if HMRC investigate.

I'm aware of what legitimate business expenses are, unlike you tho I don't bury my head in the sand.
£10 minimum wage on 18:02 - Jun 8 with 1006 viewsblueytheblue

£10 minimum wage on 17:53 - Jun 8 by Jango

I'm aware of what legitimate business expenses are, unlike you tho I don't bury my head in the sand.

I don't "bury my head in the sand".

You're claiming magical expenses are being claimed which aren't legitimate business expenses as anyone with any knowledge can point out.

If you know people are deliberately making fraudulent claims with regards to business expenses... then report them.

The reality like it or not is that utterly legitimate expenses are now getting affected due to people taking the piss, ie T&S. Idiots abusing PSC like the head of Student Loans? Hit everyone...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024