Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit boom 11:57 - Jul 5 with 35465 viewsr0ckin

Won't tell you this in the express, mail, sun

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/uk-service-sector-miss-forecasts

notice eurozone doing very well.

If we said brexit was off the table tomorrow we'd be booming and we'd all be enjoying a pay rise. We are in for a gloomy few years all for nothing. It p1sses me off.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 11:59]

Peace

Brexit boom on 14:30 - Jul 8 with 1657 viewsjack247

Brexit boom on 14:29 - Jul 8 by exiledclaseboy

I'm not convinced that's the case either. I think there'd be a very strong case for a second referendum when we know the details of the withdrawal agreement and/or the future relationship deal. That way everyone would be voting with full knowledge of what leaving the EU actually means, which wasn't the case the first time round. By then it would be knocking on for three years since the first vote.

Fingers crossed then
Brexit boom on 14:31 - Jul 8 with 1656 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit boom on 14:30 - Jul 8 by jack247

Fingers crossed then

I'm not holding my breath mind. Although I'm sure at some point the politicians will work out what to do. Although maybe not.

Poll: Tory leader

Brexit boom on 14:40 - Jul 8 with 1645 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 14:04 - Jul 8 by longlostjack

Non members as in Unions and Employers.
No.

It doesn't matter if you are in an union or not regarding the blue book. Not to sure what you are talking about.
Brexit boom on 14:43 - Jul 8 with 1643 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 14:29 - Jul 8 by exiledclaseboy

I'm not convinced that's the case either. I think there'd be a very strong case for a second referendum when we know the details of the withdrawal agreement and/or the future relationship deal. That way everyone would be voting with full knowledge of what leaving the EU actually means, which wasn't the case the first time round. By then it would be knocking on for three years since the first vote.

The call for a second referendum is ridiculous and everyone knows that.
Just be truthful and say, I didn't like the result, so want another vote and if need be another one and another, until I get what I want.
Brexit boom on 14:48 - Jul 8 with 1638 viewsSwans777

Good news regarding Brexit, Donald Trump has said he expects a (powerful) trade deal between The UK and the US to be completed "very quickly"
Brexit boom on 14:52 - Jul 8 with 1632 viewslonglostjack

Brexit boom on 14:40 - Jul 8 by Swans777

It doesn't matter if you are in an union or not regarding the blue book. Not to sure what you are talking about.

So all employers in the construction industry are included and all workers covered ?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Brexit boom on 14:54 - Jul 8 with 1625 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit boom on 14:43 - Jul 8 by Swans777

Just be truthful and say, I didn't like the result, so want another vote and if need be another one and another, until I get what I want.

I don't agree and your second sentence is not my position.

Brexit boom on 14:59 - Jul 8 with 1608 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 14:54 - Jul 8 by exiledclaseboy

I don't agree and your second sentence is not my position.

What incentive would there be for the EU to offer a decent deal, knowing that a decent deal would most likely result in another vote to leave ?. Using the logic of having a second vote , would mean the EU offering a terrible deal, hoping that the British people would reject that deal. Ridiculous.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 15:00]
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit boom on 15:04 - Jul 8 with 1595 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit boom on 14:59 - Jul 8 by Swans777

What incentive would there be for the EU to offer a decent deal, knowing that a decent deal would most likely result in another vote to leave ?. Using the logic of having a second vote , would mean the EU offering a terrible deal, hoping that the British people would reject that deal. Ridiculous.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 15:00]

What incentive is there for the EU to offer a decent deal anyway? Regardless of whether the UK government decides to hold another referendum? We could actually forego the need for another referendum so parliament was to be given a meaningful, binding vote on the exit deal. We are a Parliamentary democracy after all. Either works for me.

Brexit boom on 15:14 - Jul 8 with 1583 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 15:04 - Jul 8 by exiledclaseboy

What incentive is there for the EU to offer a decent deal anyway? Regardless of whether the UK government decides to hold another referendum? We could actually forego the need for another referendum so parliament was to be given a meaningful, binding vote on the exit deal. We are a Parliamentary democracy after all. Either works for me.

And parliament vote 6-1 to give the British people a vote. That vote has been and the result must be delivered.
The incentive the EU has to arrive at a decent deal (and not the pantomime we see reported by the likes of the BBC) is that there are millions of jobs at risk in the EU, if they don't.
If they don't care what the price they have to pay to make sure we get a bad deal, that's up to them, they can answer to the German car workers and French wine producers, who have suddenly lost their jobs.
Brexit boom on 15:16 - Jul 8 with 1581 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 14:52 - Jul 8 by longlostjack

So all employers in the construction industry are included and all workers covered ?

Under the blue book agreement, it doesn't matter whether you are a union member or not.
Of course not all companies work under the agreement.
Brexit boom on 15:21 - Jul 8 with 1575 viewslonglostjack

Brexit boom on 15:16 - Jul 8 by Swans777

Under the blue book agreement, it doesn't matter whether you are a union member or not.
Of course not all companies work under the agreement.

That's what I was trying to point out. In many EU countries the agreement reached by an employers federation with a lead Union would apply to all employers in that sector.

Brexit boom on 15:23 - Jul 8 with 1573 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 15:21 - Jul 8 by longlostjack

That's what I was trying to point out. In many EU countries the agreement reached by an employers federation with a lead Union would apply to all employers in that sector.

What is the name of this agreement in these countries ?
Brexit boom on 15:34 - Jul 8 with 1566 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit boom on 15:14 - Jul 8 by Swans777

And parliament vote 6-1 to give the British people a vote. That vote has been and the result must be delivered.
The incentive the EU has to arrive at a decent deal (and not the pantomime we see reported by the likes of the BBC) is that there are millions of jobs at risk in the EU, if they don't.
If they don't care what the price they have to pay to make sure we get a bad deal, that's up to them, they can answer to the German car workers and French wine producers, who have suddenly lost their jobs.

I cam see we're not going to agree so I'll respectfully disagree with your naively optimistic view of the upcoming negotiations and agree to differ. Time will tell.

Brexit boom on 15:34 - Jul 8 with 1566 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit boom on 14:43 - Jul 8 by Swans777

I call for a second referendum.

Beware of the Risen People

Brexit boom on 15:52 - Jul 8 with 1554 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 15:34 - Jul 8 by Kilkennyjack

Cool.
Brexit boom on 15:56 - Jul 8 with 1550 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 15:34 - Jul 8 by exiledclaseboy

I cam see we're not going to agree so I'll respectfully disagree with your naively optimistic view of the upcoming negotiations and agree to differ. Time will tell.

Who said I'm optimistic ? After all we have a PM who voted remain.
Would prefer to have Brexit supporting people negotiating with the eu.
Brexit boom on 16:23 - Jul 8 with 1532 viewslonglostjack

Brexit boom on 15:23 - Jul 8 by Swans777

What is the name of this agreement in these countries ?

Here you are. Some bedtime reading.

http://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/@ed_dialogue/@dialogue/documents/meeting

http://www.foyen.se/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/GTDT-Construction-2017-Sweden.pdf

If you seriously think that British workers will be better off outside the EU I'm afraid you're in for a shock.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 16:25]

Brexit boom on 16:51 - Jul 8 with 1513 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 16:23 - Jul 8 by longlostjack

Here you are. Some bedtime reading.

http://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/@ed_dialogue/@dialogue/documents/meeting

http://www.foyen.se/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/GTDT-Construction-2017-Sweden.pdf

If you seriously think that British workers will be better off outside the EU I'm afraid you're in for a shock.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 16:25]

Having read just a bit of those links, I'm not sure what you are trying to say.
We also have employment legislation in the U.K. And also local agreements.
Could you just point out what makes the information in those links, any different to U.K. Legislation and local agreements ?.
As for being in for a shock, I very much doubt it. During the last 12 months I've heard of large companies that work in my industry, that are going to take on more apprenticeships and even give the existing workforce opportunities for extra training. Coincidence?
Brexit boom on 16:54 - Jul 8 with 1509 viewsPrivate_Partz

Brexit boom on 15:34 - Jul 8 by Kilkennyjack

I don't. I call for a General Election and the whole sodding self serving Tory inspired cock up of a referendum to be ignored.
Those that want out can vote UKIP. After all FArage and co can not make a worse job if it than the Maybot and Complacent Davis are currently doing.
Referenda should never see the light of day again.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Brexit boom on 17:00 - Jul 8 with 1501 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit boom on 16:54 - Jul 8 by Private_Partz

I don't. I call for a General Election and the whole sodding self serving Tory inspired cock up of a referendum to be ignored.
Those that want out can vote UKIP. After all FArage and co can not make a worse job if it than the Maybot and Complacent Davis are currently doing.

We just had one of them.

Brexit boom on 17:00 - Jul 8 with 1500 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 16:54 - Jul 8 by Private_Partz

The rubicon has been crossed my friend.
There is no going back.
The country would descend into chaos if the result was ignored, political figures, would have to live in bunkers.
A simpler solution would be for anyone who really wanted to live in the EU, to sell up and move into an EU country.
Brexit boom on 17:05 - Jul 8 with 1487 viewslonglostjack

Brexit boom on 16:51 - Jul 8 by Swans777

Having read just a bit of those links, I'm not sure what you are trying to say.
We also have employment legislation in the U.K. And also local agreements.
Could you just point out what makes the information in those links, any different to U.K. Legislation and local agreements ?.
As for being in for a shock, I very much doubt it. During the last 12 months I've heard of large companies that work in my industry, that are going to take on more apprenticeships and even give the existing workforce opportunities for extra training. Coincidence?

Of course the UK does. But I'm just pointing out that in many EU states they are more wide ranging and cover firms and workers who did not sign up to the original collective agreement. What is difficult to understand?

Brexit boom on 17:08 - Jul 8 with 1481 viewsPrivate_Partz

Brexit boom on 17:00 - Jul 8 by Swans777

The rubicon has been crossed my friend.
There is no going back.
The country would descend into chaos if the result was ignored, political figures, would have to live in bunkers.
A simpler solution would be for anyone who really wanted to live in the EU, to sell up and move into an EU country.

A guy can dream eh? ;-) I don't agree about the riots either. I can't see the blue rinses and the elderly taking to the streets in their wheelchairs in any great numbers. We have moved a long way from 'Brexit means Brexit'. It is now 'Soft Brexit' . Even that is a pipe dream imho as the EU will make damn sure we are worse off regardless. Also very few believe the Chinese, Indians and Trump are going to save us.
I agree we are out though. I predict we will all go down Swanny and live to regret it for generations to come.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Brexit boom on 17:10 - Jul 8 with 1479 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 17:05 - Jul 8 by longlostjack

Of course the UK does. But I'm just pointing out that in many EU states they are more wide ranging and cover firms and workers who did not sign up to the original collective agreement. What is difficult to understand?

Just like every worker and every company in the U.K. then. If a worker or company in the U.K. Doesn't work to a local agreement, they still have to work to U.K. Legislation.
Or do you think that some companies operate outside of U.K. Legislation?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024