Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) 13:06 - Aug 8 with 6266 viewsLandore_Jack

Anybody know what is happening with this church? Workmen were on site yesterday clearing the ground. It was recently sold at Auction.

http://www.dawsonsproperty.co.uk/property-details-auction.php?property_id=5874

This post has been edited by an administrator

#backtojack

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 15:13 - Oct 12 with 468 viewsBoundy

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 14:06 - Oct 9 by alltjack

That's a joke surely, the workmanship that has gone into that is amazing

Take no notice , he's just being "controversial "

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 15:14 - Oct 12 with 463 viewssciencelounge

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 15:50 - Oct 9 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Good luck with the project. The city needs more community projects.

Can I ask who is funding the work to stabilise and then renovate the building? Also, who will subsidise the centre if it is not making enough money to cover the running costs?

Thanks a lot!

We just submitted an expression of interest to apply for funds from the Assembly "Community Facilities Programme" which would cover the stabilisation and creation of the basic zones.

There is another fund call Social Business Growth Fund that would cover rent, salaries and some revenue costs.

According to some of our initial calculations, a good cafe income would support all our operations.

Plus there are some easy ways to make money, like overflow carparking for Liberty Stadium on match days, renting out space for groups in the area - including "mens sheds" who are usually looking for room to build or design stuff.

Lots of content will be put online / streamed to an international audience, so hoping a few donations will come our way.

We will keep the features of the church and leave it compatible with worship (and E-workship) which would make us eligible for church-specific grants.

Again with the grants ;) - there should be grant money in future to help us become carbon neutral, plus we want to showcase renewable technology. Especially Chris, who loves physics more than me.

Hoping volunteers and Corporate Social Responsibility schemes can keep costs down, stretch whatever funds we get from grants and crowdfunds.

Finally, we are a community benefit society, which is the only type of Coop that can issue shares.

Community shares are pretty much like a microloan that can be cashed in once we are making a profit, plus it gives the share holder voting rights on our decisions (max one vote per shareholder, not per share).

Please let me know if you have suggestions ;)

(I'll add this to all my replies: St Paul's is Grade II listed, so our plans need the blessing of Swansea Council and CADW ;)
St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 15:17 - Oct 12 with 457 viewssciencelounge

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 16:00 - Oct 9 by controversial_jack

It's solid i'll give you that, but it's ugly as sin.

The wire mesh blocking the stained glass windows and general state of disrepair doesn't help.

Plus the weather in Wales :D

But its going to look amazing in the future
[Post edited 12 Oct 2021 15:20]
St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) (n/t) on 15:18 - Oct 12 with 455 viewssciencelounge

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 15:17 - Oct 12 by sciencelounge

The wire mesh blocking the stained glass windows and general state of disrepair doesn't help.

Plus the weather in Wales :D

But its going to look amazing in the future
[Post edited 12 Oct 2021 15:20]

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 15:39 - Oct 12 with 433 viewsProfessor

St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 15:14 - Oct 12 by sciencelounge

Thanks a lot!

We just submitted an expression of interest to apply for funds from the Assembly "Community Facilities Programme" which would cover the stabilisation and creation of the basic zones.

There is another fund call Social Business Growth Fund that would cover rent, salaries and some revenue costs.

According to some of our initial calculations, a good cafe income would support all our operations.

Plus there are some easy ways to make money, like overflow carparking for Liberty Stadium on match days, renting out space for groups in the area - including "mens sheds" who are usually looking for room to build or design stuff.

Lots of content will be put online / streamed to an international audience, so hoping a few donations will come our way.

We will keep the features of the church and leave it compatible with worship (and E-workship) which would make us eligible for church-specific grants.

Again with the grants ;) - there should be grant money in future to help us become carbon neutral, plus we want to showcase renewable technology. Especially Chris, who loves physics more than me.

Hoping volunteers and Corporate Social Responsibility schemes can keep costs down, stretch whatever funds we get from grants and crowdfunds.

Finally, we are a community benefit society, which is the only type of Coop that can issue shares.

Community shares are pretty much like a microloan that can be cashed in once we are making a profit, plus it gives the share holder voting rights on our decisions (max one vote per shareholder, not per share).

Please let me know if you have suggestions ;)

(I'll add this to all my replies: St Paul's is Grade II listed, so our plans need the blessing of Swansea Council and CADW ;)

Have you looked for support from Life Sciences Hub Wales? They have 'Accelerate' awards if you a specific target to work toward as well as UKRI (in particular Innovate UK).

Will be a challenge, re-purposing a building. I'm more interested in live therapeutic interventions for livestock than hunting a specific target-cuts out the challenge of expression or purification of a compound.

Once you are running I have some public engagement materials I'm happy to send you (food microbiology colouring books)
St. Paul's Church (Plasmarl Roundabout) on 19:41 - Oct 13 with 312 viewsBillyChong

If you are looking to study weird looking subhumans with webbed feet you’ll have a great opportunity on Sunday morning when the Cardiff buses pass your way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024