Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Renato Sanchez 19:46 - Aug 25 with 124108 viewsBenJ94

Swans 7/2 to sign him (presumably on loan) on sky bet. Surely got to be Bull? Or a sign of clement finally using his contacts?
Renato Sanchez on 11:53 - Aug 27 with 2958 viewsmax936

Renato Sanchez on 11:25 - Aug 27 by A_Fans_Dad

So back to the topic, Sky TC has repeated what the Mail said, that Sanchez did not play for BM possibly due to Liverpool & Chelsea interest.

"Renato Sanchez was left out of Bayern Munich's game against Werder Bremen with Liverpool and Chelsea interested. (Mail)"
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 11:25]

So we could be down from Sanchez and Arias to just Bony if all this is true, unless we're not after those two and others that haven't been mentioned, interesting few days ahead.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Renato Sanchez on 11:57 - Aug 27 with 2921 viewsEastenderJack

Renato Sanchez on 11:29 - Aug 27 by ItchySphincter

........but didn't E20 say that our odds were short as we're the only club to register an interest?

Hmmmmm, curiouser and curiouser. Some might say buIIshit.

No, seems you just read it that way in order to be argumentative again. I suggest going back and reading the posts again.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 12:02]
Renato Sanchez on 11:59 - Aug 27 with 2900 viewsBorojack

Renato Sanchez on 11:25 - Aug 27 by A_Fans_Dad

So back to the topic, Sky TC has repeated what the Mail said, that Sanchez did not play for BM possibly due to Liverpool & Chelsea interest.

"Renato Sanchez was left out of Bayern Munich's game against Werder Bremen with Liverpool and Chelsea interested. (Mail)"
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 11:25]

Maybe Bayern only want a loan and perhaps they don't want to help Chelsea or Liverpool who are both in the CL.
Does seem an unlikely signing for us but you never know.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Renato Sanchez on 12:27 - Aug 27 with 2790 viewsEastenderJack

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/renato-sanches/club-after

Liverpool now made 2/1 faves to sign Sanches. Called it correctly. Looks like an approach has been made.
Renato Sanchez on 12:31 - Aug 27 with 2770 viewsTheKirkyLife

Renato Sanchez on 11:59 - Aug 27 by Borojack

Maybe Bayern only want a loan and perhaps they don't want to help Chelsea or Liverpool who are both in the CL.
Does seem an unlikely signing for us but you never know.

I believe we're keeping quiet as we're essentially the backup option. THIS is the transfer deadline deal in my opinion.
Renato Sanchez on 12:46 - Aug 27 with 2702 viewslondonlisa2001

Renato Sanchez on 12:27 - Aug 27 by EastenderJack

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/renato-sanches/club-after

Liverpool now made 2/1 faves to sign Sanches. Called it correctly. Looks like an approach has been made.

The odds with Liverpool have shortened due to an increased possibility of Countinho going to Barcelona. Nothing to do with an approach.

Liverpool have been weighing up the possibility of Sanches as a replacement for Coutinho if he goes.

It's one of three possibilities. It looks likely after yesterday that he won't stay at Bayern (possibility one) so the odds on him moving to both Liverpool and us have shortened (we've moved in as well).

But if Liverpool want him, he's obviously far more likely to go there. Also newspapers have been increasingly speculating that's the case.

But, as has been pointed out, we are quite obviously a back up option in the event that Countinho doesn't move, as Bayern will be happy for him to spend a season with us on loan so the coaching is consistent.

Approaches etc don't really happen this late on. All the clubs involved will have been talking for a while and all, I assume, will know exactly what's going on.

Bild have said today that a decision us imminent.

I don't imagine that we'd be lucky enough to pull the off. If we are, then fantastic. If not, I'd rather we knew early enough that we didn't hang about and get other targets in.
Renato Sanchez on 12:54 - Aug 27 with 2649 viewsEastenderJack

Renato Sanchez on 12:46 - Aug 27 by londonlisa2001

The odds with Liverpool have shortened due to an increased possibility of Countinho going to Barcelona. Nothing to do with an approach.

Liverpool have been weighing up the possibility of Sanches as a replacement for Coutinho if he goes.

It's one of three possibilities. It looks likely after yesterday that he won't stay at Bayern (possibility one) so the odds on him moving to both Liverpool and us have shortened (we've moved in as well).

But if Liverpool want him, he's obviously far more likely to go there. Also newspapers have been increasingly speculating that's the case.

But, as has been pointed out, we are quite obviously a back up option in the event that Countinho doesn't move, as Bayern will be happy for him to spend a season with us on loan so the coaching is consistent.

Approaches etc don't really happen this late on. All the clubs involved will have been talking for a while and all, I assume, will know exactly what's going on.

I don't imagine that we'd be lucky enough to pull the off. If we are, then fantastic. If not, I'd rather we knew early enough that we didn't hang about and get other targets in.

That is not right.

The probability of Coutinho leaving Liverpool has decreased not increased. If you check the graph it has gone from 2/1 for him to stay at Liverpool to 1/3. It has even shortened from yesterday if memory serves as it was 2/5.

I would suggest Liverpool have made their interest firm in the last 24 hours hence the drastic cut in odds. The Liverpool stories have been doing the rounds for a few days and the odds have not budged until this morning.

We haven't moved in either, we have remained at 7/2.

I fully expect to hear of a Liverpool approach tomorrow morning in the rags.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 12:58]
Renato Sanchez on 13:00 - Aug 27 with 2623 viewslondonlisa2001

Renato Sanchez on 12:54 - Aug 27 by EastenderJack

That is not right.

The probability of Coutinho leaving Liverpool has decreased not increased. If you check the graph it has gone from 2/1 for him to stay at Liverpool to 1/3. It has even shortened from yesterday if memory serves as it was 2/5.

I would suggest Liverpool have made their interest firm in the last 24 hours hence the drastic cut in odds. The Liverpool stories have been doing the rounds for a few days and the odds have not budged until this morning.

We haven't moved in either, we have remained at 7/2.

I fully expect to hear of a Liverpool approach tomorrow morning in the rags.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 12:58]

I'm not talking about odds, I'm talking real life. I've seen odds being offered before on transfers that I know for a fact have been completed.

Bild reported Liverpool talking to Bayern two days ago about a possible Countinho replacement. Other sources mentioned it beforehand.

It'd have been hard for Liverpool to talk to Bayern without making an approach.

Edit - the link you posted shows us as 3 to 1 so we have moved in.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 13:06]
Login to get fewer ads

Renato Sanchez on 13:03 - Aug 27 with 2599 viewsItchySphincter

Renato Sanchez on 11:57 - Aug 27 by EastenderJack

No, seems you just read it that way in order to be argumentative again. I suggest going back and reading the posts again.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 12:02]

Is that you? Have you changed your name again? was it the ban hammer?

Anyway, just for info as you can't seem to grasp it - this is a discussion forum, dis-cus-sion, geddit?

No one is arguing, you just need to untwist your knickers.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Renato Sanchez on 13:05 - Aug 27 with 2589 viewsItchySphincter

Renato Sanchez on 12:46 - Aug 27 by londonlisa2001

....and of course it has nothing to do with the betting market. It appears we have a true Walter Mitty in our midst.

Renato Sanchez on 13:06 - Aug 27 with 2589 viewsEastenderJack

Renato Sanchez on 13:00 - Aug 27 by londonlisa2001

I'm not talking about odds, I'm talking real life. I've seen odds being offered before on transfers that I know for a fact have been completed.

Bild reported Liverpool talking to Bayern two days ago about a possible Countinho replacement. Other sources mentioned it beforehand.

Maybe in smaller markets. I assure you that a transfer the size of Coutinho, the likes of Sky will be on the ball. The limits on the markets will be massive.

You are missing the biggest point of all however is that Sky Bet are the only ones offering the Sanches market. So if your reasoning that they moved Liverpool from 6/1 to 2/1 due to an increased chance of Coutinho leaving, then that would be representative in their Coutinho market... yet it isnt, it is the opposite.

I understand your logic, but it is not the case here clearly.
Renato Sanchez on 13:07 - Aug 27 with 2578 viewsEastenderJack

Renato Sanchez on 13:03 - Aug 27 by ItchySphincter

Is that you? Have you changed your name again? was it the ban hammer?

Anyway, just for info as you can't seem to grasp it - this is a discussion forum, dis-cus-sion, geddit?

No one is arguing, you just need to untwist your knickers.

No idea, just couldn't log in. Yes it's me. Hi.

Well if it is a dis-cus-sion then you need to take that chip off your shoulder and debate like an adult.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 13:08]
Renato Sanchez on 13:08 - Aug 27 with 2574 viewsEastenderJack

Renato Sanchez on 13:05 - Aug 27 by ItchySphincter

....and of course it has nothing to do with the betting market. It appears we have a true Walter Mitty in our midst.

Cutting odds in a betting market has nothing to do with a betting market?

Can you explain that one please?
Renato Sanchez on 13:09 - Aug 27 with 2566 viewsNeath_Jack

Has E20Jack been banned?

If he has there are some absolute stinking c*nts moderating this here board.

If he hasn't then i shall retract the above statement.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Renato Sanchez on 13:12 - Aug 27 with 2527 viewsEastenderJack

Renato Sanchez on 13:00 - Aug 27 by londonlisa2001

Just saw your edit.

Yes I refreshed it, it is an ever moving market. the thing with slight odds movements such as this is that they are due to keeping the overround at a certain %.

If you look, Juventus, AC Milan and Chelsea were also cut a tiny amount. This is to allow the drastic cut of Liverpool (now 13/8 which is pretty much spot on the 6/4 I called it would be yesterday) which has to then accomodate for the drastic movement of ''to stay at current club''.

It is the large odds movements that tend to have 'footballing reasons' behind them, the smaller movements tend to be to accomodate them.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 13:15]
Renato Sanchez on 13:12 - Aug 27 with 2521 viewsItchySphincter

Renato Sanchez on 13:09 - Aug 27 by Neath_Jack

Has E20Jack been banned?

If he has there are some absolute stinking c*nts moderating this here board.

If he hasn't then i shall retract the above statement.

Forgot his user name or password again by the looks of it.

Renato Sanchez on 13:14 - Aug 27 with 2505 viewsEastenderJack

Renato Sanchez on 13:12 - Aug 27 by ItchySphincter

Forgetful aren't I.
Renato Sanchez on 13:17 - Aug 27 with 2479 viewsNeath_Jack

Renato Sanchez on 13:12 - Aug 27 by ItchySphincter

Nah, he's been banned, click on his old username and you get...

Error

Sorry, this user profile doesn't exist. Please contact support@fansnetwork.co.uk if you believe there to be an error

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Renato Sanchez on 13:19 - Aug 27 with 2462 viewsEastenderJack

Renato Sanchez on 13:17 - Aug 27 by Neath_Jack

Error

Sorry, this user profile doesn't exist. Please contact support@fansnetwork.co.uk if you believe there to be an error

Ah well, I like my new username. Reminds me of Albert Square.
Renato Sanchez on 13:19 - Aug 27 with 2454 viewsItchySphincter

Renato Sanchez on 13:17 - Aug 27 by Neath_Jack

Error

WTF?! I missed that.

What did you do E20?

Renato Sanchez on 13:20 - Aug 27 with 2457 viewslondonlisa2001

Renato Sanchez on 13:06 - Aug 27 by EastenderJack

Maybe in smaller markets. I assure you that a transfer the size of Coutinho, the likes of Sky will be on the ball. The limits on the markets will be massive.

You are missing the biggest point of all however is that Sky Bet are the only ones offering the Sanches market. So if your reasoning that they moved Liverpool from 6/1 to 2/1 due to an increased chance of Coutinho leaving, then that would be representative in their Coutinho market... yet it isnt, it is the opposite.

I understand your logic, but it is not the case here clearly.

No, again I'm talking real life or what is perceived to be happening by those getting on the market.

The Liverpool Echo have published a report that says that Sanches is being spoken to as a replacement for Countinho.

That will lead a whole bunch of Scousers to bet on it, which will lead to them shortening odds (to protect themselves). You are talking as though a large number of bets has no effect in the prices being given as skybet know what's happening due to the TV. That implies Sky sports have good information. Half of the time, Sky sports have terrible information. They are wrong as often as not. 'Sky sources' are frequently message boards etc. And they use their transfer centre or whatever the hell it's called, to drive traffic to their betting arm as well.

As I've said before, there are very few journalists etc that know what we are up to.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 13:22]
Renato Sanchez on 13:26 - Aug 27 with 2393 viewsEastenderJack

Renato Sanchez on 13:20 - Aug 27 by londonlisa2001

No, again I'm talking real life or what is perceived to be happening by those getting on the market.

The Liverpool Echo have published a report that says that Sanches is being spoken to as a replacement for Countinho.

That will lead a whole bunch of Scousers to bet on it, which will lead to them shortening odds (to protect themselves). You are talking as though a large number of bets has no effect in the prices being given as skybet know what's happening due to the TV. That implies Sky sports have good information. Half of the time, Sky sports have terrible information. They are wrong as often as not. 'Sky sources' are frequently message boards etc. And they use their transfer centre or whatever the hell it's called, to drive traffic to their betting arm as well.

As I've said before, there are very few journalists etc that know what we are up to.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 13:22]

I am not following now. You said the odds went from 6/1 to 2/1 (13/8 now) on Sanches joining Liverpool due to an increased chance of Coutinho leaving the club. Remember it was only Sky Bet who did that, nobody else is offering it, so you were referring to them.

Sky were the ones who made the decision to cut Sanches to Liverpool to 13/8 so what you are saying is they changed it because they think Coutinho has a greater chance of staying at the club.

But this theory does not weigh up because they have moved their Coutinho market to 1/3 from 2/5. So they clearly think there is less chance of him leaving, not more.

You may think Coutinho has a greater chance of leaving due to various news reports, personal contactas or whatever it is. But the statement that the odds have come in from 6/1 to 13/8 due to an increased chance Coutinho will leave just is not true. You may well be right that he has an increased chance to leave the club, but that clearly was not the catalyst to move the odds otherwise it would be representative in their opposite market, the Coutinho market is potentially worth £500k+.

Edit - I re-read your post and see you are implying the odds cut was due to a surge of bets due to peoples opinon of the Coutinho situation and the knock on effect that may have.

This also is not representative of the market. Coutinho to leave the club to Barca is 9/4, which it has been for a little while (getting bigger by the day). If there was any surge in secondary transfers, then there is almost certainly a surge in the primary transfer first. That just is nowhere to be seen, not just at SkyBet - but any firm. The Coutinho market will be the prime mover without question, and it is currently and relatively consistantly, showing the opposite across the board.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 13:43]
Renato Sanchez on 13:40 - Aug 27 with 2308 viewslondonlisa2001

Renato Sanchez on 13:26 - Aug 27 by EastenderJack

I am not following now. You said the odds went from 6/1 to 2/1 (13/8 now) on Sanches joining Liverpool due to an increased chance of Coutinho leaving the club. Remember it was only Sky Bet who did that, nobody else is offering it, so you were referring to them.

Sky were the ones who made the decision to cut Sanches to Liverpool to 13/8 so what you are saying is they changed it because they think Coutinho has a greater chance of staying at the club.

But this theory does not weigh up because they have moved their Coutinho market to 1/3 from 2/5. So they clearly think there is less chance of him leaving, not more.

You may think Coutinho has a greater chance of leaving due to various news reports, personal contactas or whatever it is. But the statement that the odds have come in from 6/1 to 13/8 due to an increased chance Coutinho will leave just is not true. You may well be right that he has an increased chance to leave the club, but that clearly was not the catalyst to move the odds otherwise it would be representative in their opposite market, the Coutinho market is potentially worth £500k+.

Edit - I re-read your post and see you are implying the odds cut was due to a surge of bets due to peoples opinon of the Coutinho situation and the knock on effect that may have.

This also is not representative of the market. Coutinho to leave the club to Barca is 9/4, which it has been for a little while (getting bigger by the day). If there was any surge in secondary transfers, then there is almost certainly a surge in the primary transfer first. That just is nowhere to be seen, not just at SkyBet - but any firm. The Coutinho market will be the prime mover without question, and it is currently and relatively consistantly, showing the opposite across the board.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 13:43]

Sorry. You're right. My original post should have said a perceived increased chance of Coutinho leaving the club.

Due to the local reports up there.

I'm saying that Skybet have changed the odds as there is more belief that Coutinho will go and Sanches will replace, hence increased interest from people betting on Sanches to Liverpool and odds coming in.
Renato Sanchez on 13:46 - Aug 27 with 2275 viewsEastenderJack

Renato Sanchez on 13:40 - Aug 27 by londonlisa2001

Sorry. You're right. My original post should have said a perceived increased chance of Coutinho leaving the club.

Due to the local reports up there.

I'm saying that Skybet have changed the odds as there is more belief that Coutinho will go and Sanches will replace, hence increased interest from people betting on Sanches to Liverpool and odds coming in.

Yes I guessed that is what you meant as soon as I pressed submit.

I have added an edit to address that point, it is pretty similar in substance however. I do absolutely see your logic though, but I can just assure you that it wont be the case on this occasion.

It is infinately more likely that it will be due to a genuine footballing reason on this transfer, the market just does not back up the other theory and it absolutely would, I promise you that.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 13:54]
Renato Sanchez on 14:30 - Aug 27 with 2148 viewsDJack

Renato Sanchez on 11:22 - Aug 27 by A_Fans_Dad

These days most threads get highjacked by sparring posters, it would be nice if they stayed on topic wouldn't it?

As it ever was on these boards. Nothing has changed apart from new user names for old idiots.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024