Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! 10:53 - Aug 27 with 11366 viewsjackportis

Religious beliefs! Pork next? Good for them. Don't get the middle class Brownlee brothers on their adverts! an opportunity for this supermarket to be bold and focus on minority groups which represents their customer base. A Muslim family be great take note other supermarket chains.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 12:43 - Aug 27 with 6040 viewsbuilthjack

Sack em.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 12:53 - Aug 27 with 6023 viewsYossarian

Sack them immediately. They must not be allowed to attempt to force their beliefs on the ret of us. For better or worse we live with in an open, secular, liberal and tolerant society. Everyone is free to follow their path in their own time and space- as long as it's not against the law. If they don't want to sell alcohol, leave and free up a job for someone else.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 14:52 - Aug 27 with 5930 viewsjohnlangy

If it's as simple as the OP makes it sound then sack them immediately. They are refusing to do the job they're being paid to do.

No comeback on that surely.
Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 15:11 - Aug 27 with 5893 viewsDr_Winston

Aldi staff refusing to sell Aldi products is a matter for Aldi and nobody else.

If they're happy with it then so what?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 16:17 - Aug 27 with 5814 viewsHighjack

Just take your bacon, fags, scotch and Big and bouncy magazine to another till whilst giving them a disapproving look.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 16:41 - Aug 27 with 5771 viewswhoflungdung

Maybe staff could refuse to check out anyone whose face is completely covered

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 16:46 - Aug 27 with 5763 viewsMo_Wives

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 16:41 - Aug 27 by whoflungdung

"Don't make me use my mind tricks..."

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 17:16 - Aug 27 with 5717 viewsMo_Wives

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 15:11 - Aug 27 by Dr_Winston

Agree with this Doc. If Aldi are OK with it, then I see no problem.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Login to get fewer ads

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 17:25 - Aug 27 with 5686 viewsHighjack

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 16:41 - Aug 27 by whoflungdung

I always cover my face in Aldis because my neighbours think I shop at waitrose.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 17:26 - Aug 27 with 5678 viewsSwanjaxs

Aldi is a poor man's Lidl anyway...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 17:27 - Aug 27 with 5676 viewsMo_Wives

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 17:25 - Aug 27 by Highjack

I always cover my face in Aldis because my neighbours think I shop at waitrose.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 17:27 - Aug 27 with 5671 viewsScfc2017

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 15:11 - Aug 27 by Dr_Winston

Nonsense. Using your logic Aldi staff could refuse to serve anyone then and thats Aldi right.
Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 17:54 - Aug 27 with 5605 viewsMo_Wives

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 17:27 - Aug 27 by Scfc2017

Nonsense. Using your logic Aldi staff could refuse to serve anyone then and thats Aldi right.

I thought they only refused to serve it at one till and the customers could still buy it. I may be wrong, I haven't really seen much about it, TBH.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 17:54 - Aug 27 with 5603 viewsjackforever

If Aldi staff decided not to serve Muslims or gays than that would be ok if Aldi were happy with it?
Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 17:57 - Aug 27 with 5587 viewsDr_Winston

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 17:54 - Aug 27 by jackforever

If Aldi staff decided not to serve Muslims or gays than that would be ok if Aldi were happy with it?

What are the chances of Aldi being happy with that?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 18:03 - Aug 27 with 5571 viewsMo_Wives

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 17:54 - Aug 27 by jackforever

I don't think Aldi refused to serve anyone. I think they said this one till is closed for alcohol...but you can still buy alcohol. They could have taken the person off the till altogether, but that would have meant bigger queues at the other tills.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 18:04 - Aug 27 with 5565 viewsMo_Wives

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 17:57 - Aug 27 by Dr_Winston

You ask the best questions, Doc.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 18:15 - Aug 27 with 5537 viewsjackportis

Is this apartheid at the checkouts?

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 18:26 - Aug 27 with 5509 viewsjackforever

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 17:57 - Aug 27 by Dr_Winston

That's not the point though. My point is companies aren't legally allowed to discriminate against customers. Irrelevant if the company are happy with it or not. As in the case of hotel owners who didn't want gay couples staying and were prosecuted as a result. Surely this is similar, obviously there are differences but I think it's appalling that a company has staff that won't serve its customers due to religious reasons.
Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 18:33 - Aug 27 with 5493 viewslondonlisa2001

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 18:26 - Aug 27 by jackforever

That's not the point though. My point is companies aren't legally allowed to discriminate against customers. Irrelevant if the company are happy with it or not. As in the case of hotel owners who didn't want gay couples staying and were prosecuted as a result. Surely this is similar, obviously there are differences but I think it's appalling that a company has staff that won't serve its customers due to religious reasons.

How is this discriminating against anyone?

It's no different to employing someone who won't work Sundays.

I personally think it's stupid as the person isn't handling alcohol anyway, but that's Aldi's problem.

If they're happy with it, then so be it.
Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 18:37 - Aug 27 with 5474 viewsjackforever

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 18:33 - Aug 27 by londonlisa2001

How is this discriminating against anyone?

It's no different to employing someone who won't work Sundays.

I personally think it's stupid as the person isn't handling alcohol anyway, but that's Aldi's problem.

If they're happy with it, then so be it.

So if I won't serve you because you are a woman then it's not discrimination as someone else will serve you?
But some geezer in Aldi won't serve me as I'm buying red wine for midnight mass 😉
Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 18:39 - Aug 27 with 5462 viewsjack247

So was this part of the deal when they took the job (in which case I don't have a lot of sympathy for them), or have Aldi altered the job role since taking them on (in which case I do)?

Are Aldi accommodating this with designated alcohol free tills, or are customers waiting in queues only to be told they can't have that bottle of wine?
Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 18:41 - Aug 27 with 5460 viewslondonlisa2001

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 18:37 - Aug 27 by jackforever

So if I won't serve you because you are a woman then it's not discrimination as someone else will serve you?
But some geezer in Aldi won't serve me as I'm buying red wine for midnight mass 😉

No. that would be discrimination.

This person wouldn't serve anyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion or anything else.

Therefore no discrimination.

It's the same as some tills being cash only or less than 10 items or whatever. It's the same for everyone.

If she (I think it was a she), is in breach of her contract, Aldi can take disciplinary action. But it's not discrimination.
Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 18:42 - Aug 27 with 5456 viewsMo_Wives

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 18:39 - Aug 27 by jack247

So was this part of the deal when they took the job (in which case I don't have a lot of sympathy for them), or have Aldi altered the job role since taking them on (in which case I do)?

Are Aldi accommodating this with designated alcohol free tills, or are customers waiting in queues only to be told they can't have that bottle of wine?

Very good questions, 247.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 18:43 - Aug 27 with 5448 viewsjackforever

Aldi staff refusing to sell alcohol at the tills! on 18:41 - Aug 27 by londonlisa2001

No. that would be discrimination.

This person wouldn't serve anyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion or anything else.

Therefore no discrimination.

It's the same as some tills being cash only or less than 10 items or whatever. It's the same for everyone.

If she (I think it was a she), is in breach of her contract, Aldi can take disciplinary action. But it's not discrimination.

But she would serve someone with the same beliefs as her but not someone with different beliefs?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024