Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RB Still needed. 16:33 - Aug 31 with 5049 viewsgolly47

With Sanches and Bony joining, this has been a pretty good day for us. What would make it even better though would be a right back joining too.

Our options
Naughton
Rangel
*cough* Fer *cough*
Tyler Reid

Anybody think we will sign another defender? Or is everybody happy with the current situation?

Poll: What was worse?

RB Still needed. on 07:56 - Sep 1 with 1037 viewsNirvana

RB Still needed. on 07:48 - Sep 1 by Yossarian

The decision to pass on Arias at £12m will be seen to be another Allenesque blunder by Jenkins. Tim Vickery reckons he was a snip at that price. To think we offered £7m is an embarrassment and in my opinion gives a poor impression to other clubs.
I wonder if Routledge could be used as a short-term cover option? Quicker than Fer, he doesn't shirk the defensive side and is disciplined. All our coaches see he has ability and persist with him and it might, like Milner, be a logical move.

Agree completely, Yossarian.

Not getting Arias is a BIG mistake by the club, no way around it. I don't trust Naughton, and that is based on the evidence of his play, nothing to do with knocking him unfairly. But, whatever, what's done is done now.

I said last season that we should try switching to three at the back, and Routledge would be an obvious candidate to play wing-back. I stated that with Clement being a world-class coach, it would be a great idea to give him a few weeks to drill the finer details of defence, and it might work. I still feel this way. It remains to be seen if PC does, though, he's a rather pragmatic manager.

We'll see.
RB Still needed. on 07:56 - Sep 1 with 1037 viewskarnataka

RB Still needed. on 07:48 - Sep 1 by Yossarian

The decision to pass on Arias at £12m will be seen to be another Allenesque blunder by Jenkins. Tim Vickery reckons he was a snip at that price. To think we offered £7m is an embarrassment and in my opinion gives a poor impression to other clubs.
I wonder if Routledge could be used as a short-term cover option? Quicker than Fer, he doesn't shirk the defensive side and is disciplined. All our coaches see he has ability and persist with him and it might, like Milner, be a logical move.

Similarly, I do recall talk a few years back about the possibility of Dyer becoming a right back later in his career (which is now). He's still got enough pace to be a wingback too.
RB Still needed. on 07:58 - Sep 1 with 1030 viewsDr_Winston

RB Still needed. on 07:56 - Sep 1 by karnataka

Similarly, I do recall talk a few years back about the possibility of Dyer becoming a right back later in his career (which is now). He's still got enough pace to be a wingback too.

Said that the other day.

If we're seriously going to be playing wingbacks more it'll be interesting to see what happens. If the injury doesn't slow him down it's an option for me.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

RB Still needed. on 08:00 - Sep 1 with 1020 viewsmagicdaps10

RB Still needed. on 07:58 - Sep 1 by Dr_Winston

Said that the other day.

If we're seriously going to be playing wingbacks more it'll be interesting to see what happens. If the injury doesn't slow him down it's an option for me.

Its an option because we dont have many options.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

RB Still needed. on 08:13 - Sep 1 with 990 viewsLandore_Jack

RB Still needed. on 07:58 - Sep 1 by Dr_Winston

Said that the other day.

Can't wait for the bullshit excuses from Clement and Jenkins.

#backtojack

RB Still needed. on 09:07 - Sep 1 with 952 viewsSheffieldjack

RB Still needed. on 08:13 - Sep 1 by Landore_Jack

Can't wait for the bullshit excuses from Clement and Jenkins.

Apparently we upped our offer for Arias, but only to £7 million which was still rejected. If we did go in for Yiadom we left it too late. I think right full-back / wing- back is our Achilles heel, particularly if Naughton gets injured.
RB Still needed. on 09:11 - Sep 1 with 948 viewsexiledinenglandjack

I'd rather wait and get the right player, arias, in January, which if reports are to be believed, the player wants. I understand the worries around the lack of cover, but i'd rather we have clucks cover for the odd game, than bring in some more sub standard tiendelli style of signing
RB Still needed. on 14:34 - Sep 1 with 878 viewsSheffieldjack

Mickey Mouse admin by someone at SCFC means we messed up the timing of the paperwork for Yiadom. Surely the Yanks will now see that Beaky and his crew have got to go.
Login to get fewer ads

RB Still needed. on 14:37 - Sep 1 with 869 viewsJack11

Right or left backs are basically unproductive wingers. We are inundated with them.
RB Still needed. on 14:43 - Sep 1 with 852 viewsjasper_T

Should've brought Roberts back. He knows the wingback position (both sides), can run for 90 minutes and would have less competition for gametime here than at Boro.
RB Still needed. on 14:52 - Sep 1 with 816 viewsSheffieldjack

RB Still needed. on 14:37 - Sep 1 by Jack11

Right or left backs are basically unproductive wingers. We are inundated with them.

Montero can't tackle
No one knows what's happening with Dyer
Routledge???

We need to ship them all out if the idea from now on is to use wingbacks.
RB Still needed. on 15:45 - Sep 1 with 785 viewsjasper_T

RB Still needed. on 14:43 - Sep 1 by jasper_T

Should've brought Roberts back. He knows the wingback position (both sides), can run for 90 minutes and would have less competition for gametime here than at Boro.

Just noticed Boro signed Ryan Shotton as well, so that's Roberts off their bench probably.

Another well-thought out loan deal for the lad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024