Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust Board Minutes - August 2017 08:13 - Sep 8 with 1598 viewsSwansTrust

The minutes from the Trust Board meeting held on 10 August 2017 are now available on our website.

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/trust-board-and-agm-minutes/

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Swans Trust Board Minutes - August 2017 on 11:50 - Sep 8 with 1527 viewsTheResurrection

Please, for dear GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!

Give us more than this!!!!!

It's like you (The Trust) are going out of your way to make the institution the most boring and closed-door you POSSIBLY could.

Phil, Stu and Andrew Godden, may I ask a huge favour from all of you. Can you give the next 2 years your best shot at making the Trust more influential, colourful and effective but also can you actively look for suitable replacements for the positions you hold.

You need to do this. It maybe when your replacements are in situ that we'll be begging for you to come back, but the Trust needs new faces, new ideas and a new direction and it's just not fair that after so long in some of your cases that you keep putting yourself up for re-election.

Chaps, you are not the Trust. The Trust is a collective organisation set up by the fans of our football club, it was never meant to be monopolised by a handful of people.

What do you say?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Swans Trust Board Minutes - August 2017 on 12:21 - Sep 8 with 1506 viewsYossarian

Res- Phil and Stu are good guys who are doing their best to steer the Trust through very choppy waters. I don't know Andrew, but if you stand next time I'll vote for you- but then you'd have to reveal yourself....
I'm confident you could work together and it would make things very interesting.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Swans Trust Board Minutes - August 2017 on 12:29 - Sep 8 with 1496 viewsTheResurrection

Swans Trust Board Minutes - August 2017 on 12:21 - Sep 8 by Yossarian

Res- Phil and Stu are good guys who are doing their best to steer the Trust through very choppy waters. I don't know Andrew, but if you stand next time I'll vote for you- but then you'd have to reveal yourself....
I'm confident you could work together and it would make things very interesting.

Reveal myself? That's either everyone knowing who I am or doing it stark bollock.

Both are a given.

I know they are good guys, I know them and like the both of them.

However, they in no way should stand for any further terms. It's too long for anyone and the Trust has become insular and closed-door. There is very little transparency and the communication has actually got a lot worse since Stu became SD. A whole lot worse.

These guys are NOT the Trust.

The Trust is for all and we need new faces. So forget the fact they rescue kittens or walk old dears across the road, that doesn't come into it.

They must step down in 2019.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Swans Trust Board Minutes - August 2017 on 13:44 - Sep 8 with 1441 viewsswanforthemoney

Board minutes of most organisations look like this in my experience. Dry as old dust. Does anyone really expect any different ?

From memoryUxbridge mentioned the setting up special interest subgroups in another thread. Hows progress on that ? It will allow more people to get involved.

I stand in the North Stand

Swans Trust Board Minutes - August 2017 on 14:08 - Sep 8 with 1418 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Board Minutes - August 2017 on 13:44 - Sep 8 by swanforthemoney

Board minutes of most organisations look like this in my experience. Dry as old dust. Does anyone really expect any different ?

From memoryUxbridge mentioned the setting up special interest subgroups in another thread. Hows progress on that ? It will allow more people to get involved.

I did indeed. I raised that in the September meeting that just took place (minutes to be agreed at the next meeting hence the lag), and that's going ahead. There'll be a few subgroups created on various topics such as use of Trust funds going forward and how the Trust can better engage with the members. Also agreed that, in the coming weeks, would look to seek to get outside people involved, particularly where their skills would be beneficial to such groups.

As for the Trust board makeup, I'll bang the same old drum. We just had an election. There'll be another one next summer where 5 positions will be up for election, along with all co-opted positions. I'd urge anyone who thinks they can add something, or thinks a change is needed, to stand in those elections. For those thinking they have no chance of getting elected, well of the two new people that stood for election this summer, both are now board members (1 elected, 1 coopted). I'll agree with Mr T2C on one thing at least ... a healthy rotation of Trust board members is a very desirable thing. Resigning for the sake of it less so though.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swans Trust Board Minutes - August 2017 on 14:11 - Sep 8 with 1412 viewsLoyal

Swans Trust Board Minutes - August 2017 on 11:50 - Sep 8 by TheResurrection

Please, for dear GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!

Give us more than this!!!!!

It's like you (The Trust) are going out of your way to make the institution the most boring and closed-door you POSSIBLY could.

Phil, Stu and Andrew Godden, may I ask a huge favour from all of you. Can you give the next 2 years your best shot at making the Trust more influential, colourful and effective but also can you actively look for suitable replacements for the positions you hold.

You need to do this. It maybe when your replacements are in situ that we'll be begging for you to come back, but the Trust needs new faces, new ideas and a new direction and it's just not fair that after so long in some of your cases that you keep putting yourself up for re-election.

Chaps, you are not the Trust. The Trust is a collective organisation set up by the fans of our football club, it was never meant to be monopolised by a handful of people.

What do you say?

You honestly believe this will be answered ?
( it will now I've said it hence the post )

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024