Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toys r Us 00:06 - Sep 19 with 3486 viewsJack123

Look in big trouble. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/toys-r-us-could-go-bankrupt-with

libera nos a malo

Toys r Us on 00:54 - Sep 19 with 3449 viewsTheKirkyLife

I worked for them last Christmas and I wasn't kept on because of 'budgetary concerns'. Now I know just how bad those concerns were.

Such a shame, every one of the workers at my local store are so friendly. Just hoping they get through this.
Toys r Us on 01:04 - Sep 19 with 3442 viewsSwanjaxs

Well thats the "all new Parc Tawe" development fùcked then 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Toys r Us on 07:45 - Sep 19 with 3325 viewsDr_Winston

Online retailing does for another one.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Toys r Us on 08:06 - Sep 19 with 3300 viewsswanjackal

A victim of their own tactics. Have deepest sympathies for those on the verge of losing their employment though.

Toys R Us swept in with cheaper, more diverse stock and better advertising than "Mum and Dad" local toy shops, putting them out of business without a thought or care in the early 80's. They are now feeling the pinch from chains like Smyths who have grown in the UK due to a more clever use of deals and aggressive advertising. Also, the small enterprise killers of Tesco/Asda etc., encroached on their land with, albeit a smaller selection, the key toy brands in large local stores. Couple all this with the increased value of internet shopping where you can identify better deals with ease, and it was only a matter of time.

A shame though, loved Toys R Us as a kid.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Toys r Us on 08:08 - Sep 19 with 3300 viewsjack_lord

This can be linked to the development of the city centre debate. In the UK the "bricks versus clicks" was is over and bricks lost.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Toys r Us on 16:52 - Sep 19 with 3109 viewsMrSwerve

Toys r Us on 08:08 - Sep 19 by jack_lord

This can be linked to the development of the city centre debate. In the UK the "bricks versus clicks" was is over and bricks lost.

I don't think I've been Christmas shopping out in town for about 6 or 7 years now, apart from a few jaunts to 'take in the atmosphere' (of píss and chavs)...

Why go into town when you can pour yourself your favourite tipple and have a browse from the comfort of your own home.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Toys r Us on 08:36 - Sep 20 with 2955 viewsKennedy

This is only the US/Canadian stores. The European and UK stores are not affected (yet).

Amazon is the killer here. People's shopping habits have changed and a few have been left behind.

Why would you trace into a shop or town centre when you have pay for parking (not in this case) when you can get it online cheaper and delivered free.

Just call me JFK

Toys r Us on 08:49 - Sep 20 with 2947 viewsmonmouth

Toys r Us on 08:36 - Sep 20 by Kennedy

This is only the US/Canadian stores. The European and UK stores are not affected (yet).

Amazon is the killer here. People's shopping habits have changed and a few have been left behind.

Why would you trace into a shop or town centre when you have pay for parking (not in this case) when you can get it online cheaper and delivered free.

Places like the Bristol Mall still seem to be well populated, as for some unknown reason, with their ridiculous parking and bus fares does Cardiff. People like to see and touch things and bring them home. Direction of travel is only going one way though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Toys r Us on 08:52 - Sep 20 with 2938 viewsWarwickHunt

Toys r Us on 08:49 - Sep 20 by monmouth

Places like the Bristol Mall still seem to be well populated, as for some unknown reason, with their ridiculous parking and bus fares does Cardiff. People like to see and touch things and bring them home. Direction of travel is only going one way though.

People like to see, touch and try things on. They then go home and find it cheaper online...
Toys r Us on 09:05 - Sep 20 with 2926 viewsmonmouth

Toys r Us on 08:52 - Sep 20 by WarwickHunt

People like to see, touch and try things on. They then go home and find it cheaper online...

Ah yes. That's what I do too, how could I have forgotten. The coffee shops probably do ok.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Toys r Us on 12:26 - Sep 20 with 2856 viewsLoyal

Toys r Us on 09:05 - Sep 20 by monmouth

Ah yes. That's what I do too, how could I have forgotten. The coffee shops probably do ok.

If they had an adults section with sex toys it would prove very popular I am sure.
I've also invented a new board game called finger bum, comes with wet wipes and an imaginative snap on.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2017 12:26]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Toys r Us on 13:10 - Sep 20 with 2821 viewsgolly47

Plus the whole obvious note that kids aren't playing with toys anymore. They're more interested in tablets and watching young adults scream on YouTube.

Poll: What was worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024