Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence 17:14 - Nov 15 with 21840 viewsTheResurrection

As per a post from exhmrc1 on another thread.

""From the supporters trust website. A special meeting shall be called within 28 days if a written request is made by 10% of the members. This would have to specify the matter to be considered""

Link: https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/trust-model-rules/

The Trust had 840 members at the last Board meeting meaning 84 would need to write a letter of no confidence, if indeed, you'd feel strongly enough to do so.

This thread could be used to mobilise the first troops of dissent and the beginnings of a new dawn with a change of approach and mindset within the Trust.

But first for the reasoning...

This wouldn't be a bad place to discuss consequences of both a change in the Trust and thereafter the relationship with the owners that could affect our survival chances.

It would be a big call so let's weigh up all potentials and use this as a platform to see what page most of us are on should a vote and consultation come back to the members.

Otherwise, the 84 could be totted up, organised and accounted for here.

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 17:15]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 12:38 - Nov 20 with 742 viewsBobby_Fischer

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 11:10 - Nov 20 by Swanseajill

I don't believe everything that is written on a fans forum until I find out the truth for myself.

At times, the wrong person and board members get a huge amount of abuse on here, on FB, and Twitter.

The serious issue is...the squad and our results are awful. The sellers sold us to the first buyers who came along and they have no Premiership knowledge. If they believe PC can get us out of the trouble we were in last season and believe "it'll be alright on the night" then I reckon that if things carry on this way, they are in for a shock.

WE know it, and this is what we as fans should be concentrating on.Not who's wife sat in the directors box.

The Wife thing is irrelevant, what about Nigel's brother and the 12 years?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 12:46 - Nov 20 with 718 viewsTheResurrection

One of my biggest criticisms about the Trust is that just a small handful of people have thought it's about them as opposed to what it should be representing, the fans.

I mean they must have because without bringing up old dirt, there is a long list of issues that's dogged the organisation, some more serious than others.

I'm not and never have will buy the argument of no one else ever wanted to do it. The connection between Trust and supporter has never been lower but it's not been that great throughout its existence, and that is another major failing from the Trust Board.

All the sub committees in the world and they couldn't find a way to make the process and involvement more attractive?

There are so many unanswered questions due to the sheer fact of the way they operate, how closed doors it became and how a handful of people have felt it more about the individual than the organisation itself.

12 years is three or four times too long. If anyone wants to stay attached to the Trust for longer than that, great, do so from the sidelines in a voluntary capacity.

This is the perfect time to stop in our tracks,take a good look around and reestablish the society.

I'm hoping we'll see that now.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 13:32 - Nov 20 with 635 viewsdobjack2

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 11:27 - Nov 20 by Shaky

Hang on a minute, Nookie, i think you have to be very careful automatically ascribing motives of skulduggery to those who oppose Trust ownership of the club.

It might be a nice and romantic concept in theory but in practice the Trust has no money!

One of the major and understandable charges against Kaplan is they haven't invested, but neither could the Trust in their shoes.

There is a gray area here where more influence and a more secure position within the shareholding structure is desirable, but full Trust ownership is in my view a very bad idea indeed for the foreseeable future.

Indeed - Merthyr is owned by the fans.
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 13:35 - Nov 20 with 625 viewsBobby_Fischer

The last thing we need is the current TRUST rnning the club.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024