Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence 17:14 - Nov 15 with 21844 viewsTheResurrection

As per a post from exhmrc1 on another thread.

""From the supporters trust website. A special meeting shall be called within 28 days if a written request is made by 10% of the members. This would have to specify the matter to be considered""

Link: https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/trust-model-rules/

The Trust had 840 members at the last Board meeting meaning 84 would need to write a letter of no confidence, if indeed, you'd feel strongly enough to do so.

This thread could be used to mobilise the first troops of dissent and the beginnings of a new dawn with a change of approach and mindset within the Trust.

But first for the reasoning...

This wouldn't be a bad place to discuss consequences of both a change in the Trust and thereafter the relationship with the owners that could affect our survival chances.

It would be a big call so let's weigh up all potentials and use this as a platform to see what page most of us are on should a vote and consultation come back to the members.

Otherwise, the 84 could be totted up, organised and accounted for here.

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 17:15]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 19:30 - Nov 19 with 1990 viewsSwanseajill

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 19:25 - Nov 19 by Neath_Jack

Which would be fair enough Jill, if someone was being beastly to you.

But they weren't were they?

They were not, I wasn't sure what he/she was on about. It's just someone's anger coming out after a torrid few months in this clubs history.
We're all angry, some of us even moaning all the time eh?
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence (n/t) on 19:37 - Nov 19 with 1965 viewsFlashberryjack

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 17:01 - Nov 19 by Swanseajill

If that's the rules, so be it.

What I support is ...anyone that has worked on the Trust for twelve years with no payment deserves a medal.
And as far as I'm concerned sitting in a directors box is not payment,..and not much fun either.

[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 19:38]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 19:51 - Nov 19 with 1922 viewsmonmouth

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 18:07 - Nov 19 by Swanseajill

What ...THEY have done?

Who?

It’s starting to look quite sinister Lorraine. I’m not normally a conspiracy man but the involvement of Harries, the football takeover fixer, and an attempted coup, if such an act is true, against someone that stood strongly against the previous Yankee dollar by a member of a family with visible ties to Harries is just a conflict of interest, even if he wasn’t a party to it. If true, Morris and Hamer simply have to go.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 21:28]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 21:38 - Nov 19 with 1824 viewslonglostjack

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 19:51 - Nov 19 by monmouth

It’s starting to look quite sinister Lorraine. I’m not normally a conspiracy man but the involvement of Harries, the football takeover fixer, and an attempted coup, if such an act is true, against someone that stood strongly against the previous Yankee dollar by a member of a family with visible ties to Harries is just a conflict of interest, even if he wasn’t a party to it. If true, Morris and Hamer simply have to go.

If true it's criminal.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 21:47 - Nov 19 with 1786 viewsmonmouth

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 21:38 - Nov 19 by longlostjack

If true it's criminal.

Well it’s not is it? but it wouldn’t be very nice. I’ve seen worse. Just to balance things up, because I am a fair person, sometimes a coincidence is a coincidence, but the appearance is as important as the reality in governance. Truth tends to out one way or another in these circumstances anyway, whatever the truth is.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 02:16 - Nov 20 with 1641 viewsBobby_Fischer

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 19:30 - Nov 19 by Swanseajill

They were not, I wasn't sure what he/she was on about. It's just someone's anger coming out after a torrid few months in this clubs history.
We're all angry, some of us even moaning all the time eh?

I do apologise if I offended you, that wasn't my intentions - but you are right I''m pretty angry and upset with everything thats going on.

That drunk guy can do one though.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 02:36 - Nov 20 with 1637 viewsBobby_Fischer

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 19:51 - Nov 19 by monmouth

Pretty much.

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:11 - Nov 20 with 1540 viewsSwanseajill

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 02:16 - Nov 20 by Bobby_Fischer

I do apologise if I offended you, that wasn't my intentions - but you are right I''m pretty angry and upset with everything thats going on.

That drunk guy can do one though.

The drunk guy?
That's his internet disguise, he's nothing like that in real life.
Login to get fewer ads

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:32 - Nov 20 with 1492 viewsNookiejack

So this is why Phil said the other evening why there was a constituency on the Trust Board which did not want the Trust to ever take control of the club.

If the Fans owned the club how would Keith Harris and his mates be able to broker future deals passing the club down from the Yanks to Chinese, Russians, Sheikhs etc
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:34 - Nov 20 with 1490 viewsSmellyplumz

A vote of no confidence in the trust please.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:49 - Nov 20 with 1468 viewsNookiejack

Anyone on the Trust Board connected to Keith Harris should step down (in addition to the 12 year rule) - a total conflict of interest.

Where is UX and his conflict of interests policy?
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:19 - Nov 20 with 1444 viewsBobby_Fischer

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:11 - Nov 20 by Swanseajill

The drunk guy?
That's his internet disguise, he's nothing like that in real life.

Whatever, still defending "The Trust"?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:23 - Nov 20 with 1430 viewsDarran

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:19 - Nov 20 by Bobby_Fischer

Who’s the drunk guy?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:25 - Nov 20 with 1423 viewsBobby_Fischer

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:23 - Nov 20 by Darran

Who’s the drunk guy?

Whoflungdung?

Not sure if hes a drunk thats just how he comes across

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:29 - Nov 20 with 1405 viewsDarran

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:25 - Nov 20 by Bobby_Fischer

Whoflungdung?

Not sure if hes a drunk thats just how he comes across

Oh right,I think I’m going to now disagree with Jill for the first time in my life and after meeting him in real life several times I can categorically state he’s most definitely the same in real life.
Right weirdo.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:43 - Nov 20 with 1392 viewsSwanseajill

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:19 - Nov 20 by Bobby_Fischer

Yes, simply because...

No Trust= No voice. Fans have no connection with the club outside of attending games. There is nowhere to complain, well, maybe a lonely letter in Evening Post. There is no one who gives a toss if you have a complaint although ..you are the one putting up the money ...in advance for a season ticket.
Although in hindsight I would point out that ticket costs meant more to a club board in the lower divisions.

I spent years trying to achieve a "say" for the fans to have...even a tiny imput into the running of our club. I couldn't even locate a pair of deaf ears, let alone get any debate to fall on them.
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:49 - Nov 20 with 1362 viewsBobby_Fischer

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:43 - Nov 20 by Swanseajill

Yes, simply because...

No Trust= No voice. Fans have no connection with the club outside of attending games. There is nowhere to complain, well, maybe a lonely letter in Evening Post. There is no one who gives a toss if you have a complaint although ..you are the one putting up the money ...in advance for a season ticket.
Although in hindsight I would point out that ticket costs meant more to a club board in the lower divisions.

I spent years trying to achieve a "say" for the fans to have...even a tiny imput into the running of our club. I couldn't even locate a pair of deaf ears, let alone get any debate to fall on them.

Even though a family member of the trust board was instrumental in selling the club? And the new chairman has threatened to se a fellow supporter?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:53 - Nov 20 with 1350 viewswhoflungdung

so,even on a thread like this, it leads to personal abuse,eh

The club might really be the personification of what has gone wrong, which is inter necine back stabbing ,narrow interest ,self aggrandisement

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:57 - Nov 20 with 1333 viewsBobby_Fischer

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:53 - Nov 20 by whoflungdung

so,even on a thread like this, it leads to personal abuse,eh

The club might really be the personification of what has gone wrong, which is inter necine back stabbing ,narrow interest ,self aggrandisement

You never make any sense, make yourself useful and go and wait for a bumboy in a toilet.

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:57 - Nov 20 with 1333 viewsNookiejack

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:49 - Nov 20 by Bobby_Fischer

Even though a family member of the trust board was instrumental in selling the club? And the new chairman has threatened to se a fellow supporter?

They could be giving the inside track on the Trust’s position - to the other side which is a total conflict of interest.

Also could be steering the Trust Board to the other sides position.

They should immediately resign if have not already captured by the 12 year rule.
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 11:00 - Nov 20 with 1329 viewswhoflungdung

bobby
This is when I reply to your insults is it

Well ,no son. I'm not sure who the feck you are and why you come up with that username

You can always pm me

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 11:02 - Nov 20 with 1319 viewsBobby_Fischer

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 11:00 - Nov 20 by whoflungdung

bobby
This is when I reply to your insults is it

Well ,no son. I'm not sure who the feck you are and why you come up with that username

You can always pm me

I'm not that way inclined or up for meeting you in a public lavatory. Have a good day.

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 11:10 - Nov 20 with 1297 viewsSwanseajill

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 10:49 - Nov 20 by Bobby_Fischer

I don't believe everything that is written on a fans forum until I find out the truth for myself.

At times, the wrong person and board members get a huge amount of abuse on here, on FB, and Twitter.

The serious issue is...the squad and our results are awful. The sellers sold us to the first buyers who came along and they have no Premiership knowledge. If they believe PC can get us out of the trouble we were in last season and believe "it'll be alright on the night" then I reckon that if things carry on this way, they are in for a shock.

WE know it, and this is what we as fans should be concentrating on.Not who's wife sat in the directors box.
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 11:12 - Nov 20 with 1291 viewsShaky

Well i hate to be a party pooper, but as i mentioned a few pages back I reckon if push comes to shove as clearly seems to be happening now with the ratcheting up of hysteria on both sides, the legal doctrine of severability ensures that only the bit of the revised statutes deemed unacceptable by the FCA should be struck out, not the whole thing.

So unless the bit the FCA objected to was the removal of the term limits, I believe the Trust AGM legally voted to bin the 12 year old rule whenever it was.

However, I think some enterprising soul should phone up Supporters Direct and try to find out why the 12 year term limit was removed from their model articles, and if possible who were the prime movers behind that effort. I'm sure they would be more than happy to discuss this.

Another more general question is why does the SCST have to slavishly follow the Supporters Direct model rules?
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 11:21]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 11:27 - Nov 20 with 1246 viewsShaky

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 09:32 - Nov 20 by Nookiejack

So this is why Phil said the other evening why there was a constituency on the Trust Board which did not want the Trust to ever take control of the club.

If the Fans owned the club how would Keith Harris and his mates be able to broker future deals passing the club down from the Yanks to Chinese, Russians, Sheikhs etc

Hang on a minute, Nookie, i think you have to be very careful automatically ascribing motives of skulduggery to those who oppose Trust ownership of the club.

It might be a nice and romantic concept in theory but in practice the Trust has no money!

One of the major and understandable charges against Kaplan is they haven't invested, but neither could the Trust in their shoes.

There is a gray area here where more influence and a more secure position within the shareholding structure is desirable, but full Trust ownership is in my view a very bad idea indeed for the foreseeable future.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024