Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence 17:14 - Nov 15 with 21842 viewsTheResurrection

As per a post from exhmrc1 on another thread.

""From the supporters trust website. A special meeting shall be called within 28 days if a written request is made by 10% of the members. This would have to specify the matter to be considered""

Link: https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/trust-model-rules/

The Trust had 840 members at the last Board meeting meaning 84 would need to write a letter of no confidence, if indeed, you'd feel strongly enough to do so.

This thread could be used to mobilise the first troops of dissent and the beginnings of a new dawn with a change of approach and mindset within the Trust.

But first for the reasoning...

This wouldn't be a bad place to discuss consequences of both a change in the Trust and thereafter the relationship with the owners that could affect our survival chances.

It would be a big call so let's weigh up all potentials and use this as a platform to see what page most of us are on should a vote and consultation come back to the members.

Otherwise, the 84 could be totted up, organised and accounted for here.

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 17:15]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 17:19 - Nov 15 with 3893 viewsJackfath

I don't wish to get into a spat but are you now a member of the Trust and will you be standing if a new board is to be formed in whatever guise?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 18:00 - Nov 15 with 3777 viewsvetchonian

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 17:19 - Nov 15 by Jackfath

I don't wish to get into a spat but are you now a member of the Trust and will you be standing if a new board is to be formed in whatever guise?

I'll put my signature to the list
And whilst Fath I understand your comments to Chris given his constant critiscim
Whilst not being a member now is not the time for squabbles between the fan base
now is the time for us all to unite and show all the sell outs and I now include
some of the trust board in that and our owners this set of fans
is not to be messed with
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 18:11]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 18:10 - Nov 15 with 3745 viewsJack_Kass

Can you not post all your bluster into one thread?

There doesn't need to be a 'look at me' moment every time you have something to say.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 18:26 - Nov 15 with 3703 viewsEilian

840 members?

From a fan base of probably 50,000? How the chuffing hell can the trust even begin to think that they represent the voice of the fans?

That figure is laughable! I would very much like to put my name forward for helping with raising the number of members! im pretty confident that I could double that number on one Saturday afternoon!

That figure is a complete joke!
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 18:26 - Nov 15 with 3703 viewsItchySphincter

Just get a letter drafted up and stick it on here for people to print,sign and send. Everyone who does it says "done".

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 18:35 - Nov 15 with 3659 viewsCrazedBison

Just joined here to comment on this thread. I voted to not sell in August, I'd vote for no confidence now.
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 18:59 - Nov 15 with 3585 viewsGowerjack

Seems a no brainier to me.

Surely there must be 84 existing or prospective members on here willing to put pen to,paper to achieve this?

And that's without canvassing members in the pubs before the next home game.

I've had a look at the trust board and only recognise two of the names on there.

Surely it's time to call them to account?

This is pretty much the last chance saloon for the disenfranchised to make thier voice heard.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 19:00 - Nov 15 with 3586 viewslonglostjack

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 18:26 - Nov 15 by Eilian

840 members?

From a fan base of probably 50,000? How the chuffing hell can the trust even begin to think that they represent the voice of the fans?

That figure is laughable! I would very much like to put my name forward for helping with raising the number of members! im pretty confident that I could double that number on one Saturday afternoon!

That figure is a complete joke!

I'd be happy to hand out leaflets before the Bournemouth game.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 19:19 - Nov 15 with 3510 viewsmax936

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 18:26 - Nov 15 by ItchySphincter

Just get a letter drafted up and stick it on here for people to print,sign and send. Everyone who does it says "done".

Great Idea.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 19:23 - Nov 15 with 3493 viewsShaky

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petition/new

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 19:25 - Nov 15 with 3456 viewsDarran

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 17:19 - Nov 15 by Jackfath

I don’t want to get into a spat either but he’s sounding more demented by the day.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 19:37 - Nov 15 with 3435 viewsexiledclaseboy

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 18:26 - Nov 15 by ItchySphincter

That’s the obvious way to do it.

Poll: Tory leader

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 19:46 - Nov 15 with 3395 viewsUplandsJack

Quick question if I may. If 10% do as is suggested, what will be the outcome?

Will all the trust board left be sacked, or have to resign, or what exactly?

Thanks in advance....
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 19:49 - Nov 15 with 3379 viewsThursday

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 19:37 - Nov 15 by exiledclaseboy

That’s the obvious way to do it.

This would be fun to do every month.
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 20:06 - Nov 15 with 3312 viewsexiledclaseboy

Rule 63 seems to be the relevant one in this context;

“A society board member may be removed from office by a resolution carried by the votes of not less than two-thirds of members present in person or by proxy and voting on a poll at an annual or special general meeting...of which notice has been duly given.”

So it seems it needs 10% of current members to write a letter to the Trust board requesting a special meeting at which a vote will be held calling for the removal of all current members (presumably) of the Trust board. Then it needs two-thirds of those who turn up at that meeting to vote in favour of said removal. For the vote to be valid there must be at least 20 people at that meeting who are entitled to vote.

What happens if the vote us successful and the board is removed I’m not sure. I assume there’s some mechanism for an election to replace them but I’ve only skim read.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 20:55]

Poll: Tory leader

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 20:28 - Nov 15 with 3236 viewsVetchfielder

I don't think I've got to the point where I would wish for a vote of confidence but I'd be happy to write to call for a Special General Meeting to get them to explain what the hell is going on and to call for a re-run of the vote as the substance of the deal now seems to have changed.

Proud to have been one of the 231

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 20:28 - Nov 15 with 3212 viewsDarran

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 20:06 - Nov 15 by exiledclaseboy

Rule 63 seems to be the relevant one in this context;

“A society board member may be removed from office by a resolution carried by the votes of not less than two-thirds of members present in person or by proxy and voting on a poll at an annual or special general meeting...of which notice has been duly given.”

So it seems it needs 10% of current members to write a letter to the Trust board requesting a special meeting at which a vote will be held calling for the removal of all current members (presumably) of the Trust board. Then it needs two-thirds of those who turn up at that meeting to vote in favour of said removal. For the vote to be valid there must be at least 20 people at that meeting who are entitled to vote.

What happens if the vote us successful and the board is removed I’m not sure. I assume there’s some mechanism for an election to replace them but I’ve only skim read.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 20:55]

“What happens if the vote is successful and the board is removed I’m not sure. I assume there’s some mechanism for an election to replace them but I’ve only skim read“

Don’t be dull now nobody’s looking that far ahead,well they aren’t really arsed about it are they?
Just remove the board and fuçk anything else.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 20:30 - Nov 15 with 3226 viewsBobby_Fischer

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 18:00 - Nov 15 by vetchonian

I'll put my signature to the list
And whilst Fath I understand your comments to Chris given his constant critiscim
Whilst not being a member now is not the time for squabbles between the fan base
now is the time for us all to unite and show all the sell outs and I now include
some of the trust board in that and our owners this set of fans
is not to be messed with
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 18:11]

Point being, you can't sign the letter unless you are a member.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 20:45 - Nov 15 with 3168 viewspencoedjack

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 18:10 - Nov 15 by Jack_Kass

Can you not post all your bluster into one thread?

There doesn't need to be a 'look at me' moment every time you have something to say.

👍
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 20:48 - Nov 15 with 3152 viewsFlashberryjack

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 20:28 - Nov 15 by Darran

“What happens if the vote is successful and the board is removed I’m not sure. I assume there’s some mechanism for an election to replace them but I’ve only skim read“

Don’t be dull now nobody’s looking that far ahead,well they aren’t really arsed about it are they?
Just remove the board and fuçk anything else.

I would assume that if the board was removed, the membership at that meeting would form an interim trust committee.

And then the interim committee would arrange an election to install a new Trust Board at a later date.

I'm fairly sure something like this has been done before, so there must be some kind of protocol for this situation.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 20:53 - Nov 15 with 3124 viewsVetchfielder

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 20:28 - Nov 15 by Vetchfielder

I don't think I've got to the point where I would wish for a vote of confidence but I'd be happy to write to call for a Special General Meeting to get them to explain what the hell is going on and to call for a re-run of the vote as the substance of the deal now seems to have changed.

In fact I'm going to go ahead anyway and write this when I have time on the weekend. No big benefit in hanging around waiting for a consensus or some common wording, as I see it we can all do this independently. The way I read the Rules is that is has to be an old fashioned signed letter rather than email. A bit of a pain but so be it.

Here are the Trust rules.......

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Original_Rules.pdf

Clause 32b is the relevant clause.

The address is:

Swans Trust,
12 Dynevor Avenue,
Neath,
SA10 7AG

Proud to have been one of the 231

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 21:01 - Nov 15 with 3091 viewsTheResurrection

Hopefully this thread can be left for adult conversation on important matters. It's one of the main issues facing us a football club so surely the usual idiots can leave us alone for 5.

I'm hoping we'll see some honest discussion and clear thinking on the issues raised here. There's a lot of talk of unrest and fans have been angry for too long now, so where are with everything?

Do we really want to bring about some real change or are we just going to keep moaning about all and sundry?

And if we do, what are the consequences? Anyone joining the Trust Board would need a lot of gaps to be filled. I'm also hoping some of those gaps can come to light here.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 21:05 - Nov 15 with 3066 viewsTheResurrection

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 20:48 - Nov 15 by Flashberryjack

I would assume that if the board was removed, the membership at that meeting would form an interim trust committee.

And then the interim committee would arrange an election to install a new Trust Board at a later date.

I'm fairly sure something like this has been done before, so there must be some kind of protocol for this situation.

This is what I've been trying to advocate for some time.

A chance for the many to have a say, you won't get a better place to start doing that than on here.

Any Swans fans who cares about the Club will be online looking for info and to be a part of things.

840 members is a poor tally for a Premier League Trust that actually owns 21% of the Football Club.

Time to start thinking about putting ideas into action.

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 21:06 - Nov 15 with 3065 viewsDewi1jack

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 20:28 - Nov 15 by Vetchfielder

This is where I'm at.
I only rejoined the Trust to stop them gifting the share sale money back into a stadium lease.
Not looking like I'm far off the mark- glad I trusted my gut instinct

Although if the Trust board and our supposed supporters director don't communicate soon why 3 people have resigned for the same reason (direction the Trust is taking) and explain what direction they are taking, then there's not going to be much option other than to try for a no confidence vote.
Silence may be deafening but it allows people, myself included, to make the story up ourselves.

I don't give a fuk if you speak Welsh or have been a Swans supporter since your ma and da had a quickie under Mumbles Pier
Just start communicating and quickly please. No more bullsh1te or silence
No more cosying up to Beaky, Jase and Stevie Boy.

Are some of you on the Trust board just for the kudos of telling people you are?
Because that's what it's starting to look like

Please ladies and gents.
Those of you who didn't renew your Trust membership for whatever reason, would you reconsider?
Those of you who've been worried about this sh1te/ slagging off the Trust and weren't members would you consider joining now?
I have the really bad feeling we're going to need numbers to stop any more crap from happening.
Trouble is I still think we only have about 8000 to 10,000ish hardcore supporters who'd still be watching us in L1 or 2
And I don't want us doing what we did last time we fell from the top perch. Day trips to the High Court should really be avoided
Or us doing a Portsmouth, Blackpool (long list here!!) etc etc

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 21:37 - Nov 15 with 2953 viewsUplandsJack

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 21:06 - Nov 15 by Dewi1jack

This is where I'm at.
I only rejoined the Trust to stop them gifting the share sale money back into a stadium lease.
Not looking like I'm far off the mark- glad I trusted my gut instinct

Although if the Trust board and our supposed supporters director don't communicate soon why 3 people have resigned for the same reason (direction the Trust is taking) and explain what direction they are taking, then there's not going to be much option other than to try for a no confidence vote.
Silence may be deafening but it allows people, myself included, to make the story up ourselves.

I don't give a fuk if you speak Welsh or have been a Swans supporter since your ma and da had a quickie under Mumbles Pier
Just start communicating and quickly please. No more bullsh1te or silence
No more cosying up to Beaky, Jase and Stevie Boy.

Are some of you on the Trust board just for the kudos of telling people you are?
Because that's what it's starting to look like

Please ladies and gents.
Those of you who didn't renew your Trust membership for whatever reason, would you reconsider?
Those of you who've been worried about this sh1te/ slagging off the Trust and weren't members would you consider joining now?
I have the really bad feeling we're going to need numbers to stop any more crap from happening.
Trouble is I still think we only have about 8000 to 10,000ish hardcore supporters who'd still be watching us in L1 or 2
And I don't want us doing what we did last time we fell from the top perch. Day trips to the High Court should really be avoided
Or us doing a Portsmouth, Blackpool (long list here!!) etc etc

Well I was completely against rejoining the Trust, over their dealings the last 3 or so years. But i cannot sit by and watch our club be swallowed up by these greedy bast@rds. Therefore before the night is out I will pay my £10 and get back on board.
Someone please put up a template (like itchy suggested) for me to print, sign and send to the board tomorrow, if possible.

Unfortunately, I probably don't have the right skill set to offer anything at Trust board level, but I'm more than happy to be a foot soldier so to speak (if this action finally shakes up the Trust and reforms it). IE hand out leaflets before matches, canvas for new trust membership, protest against Jenkins and Co the coonts....
Finally, I offered to pay for a flag to protest against the sellouts once before, the offer still stands. If anyone has ideas/designs please free to contact me asap.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024