Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From The Trust 09:59 - Jan 6 with 27376 viewsPhil_S

News from the Trust

Discussions on sale of Trust shares put on hold.
Dear Phil

We have been advised by the majority owners of Swansea City that they intend to put discussions around the sale of some of the Trust's shares to the owners of the club on hold. When informing us of this, the owners of the club cited the ongoing concerns among some Trust and Trust Board members about aspects of the share sale and also the majority owners own desire to concentrate on on-field matters.

As the mandate from Trust members to sell shares was given in July 2017 and there will now be a further delay in fulfilling that mandate, the Trust Board can confirm that a further members’ consultation will take place to ensure the Trust Board is acting on the current views of its membership on how we proceed from this point.

We will provide a further update to members as soon as possible.

Best wishes

The Swans Trust Team
From The Trust on 10:00 - Jan 6 with 6903 viewsNeath_Jack

New vote now then surely?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

From The Trust on 10:01 - Jan 6 with 6889 views34dfgdf54

Sounds like it will definitely be another vote though.

Happy days.
From The Trust on 10:01 - Jan 6 with 6887 viewsPhil_S

From The Trust on 10:00 - Jan 6 by Neath_Jack

New vote now then surely?

Thats certainly how the paragraph reads - I assume a new consultation means a new vote

And I suspect a very different result
From The Trust on 10:02 - Jan 6 with 6882 views3swan

Delay until the end of the season?

That has to again show that working relationships cannot be classed as 'good'
From The Trust on 10:02 - Jan 6 with 6864 viewsNeath_Jack

So the Yanks are going to force the Trusts hand.

Hopefully this ends up in court now.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

From The Trust on 10:05 - Jan 6 with 6821 viewsUxbridge

Probably want to merge the threads!!

There'll be another vote. Has to be.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

From The Trust on 10:05 - Jan 6 with 6821 viewsPhil_S

Club Statement

STATEMENT ON BEHALF OF STEVE KAPLAN AND JASON LEVIEN.

In the aftermath of the change in ownership at the football club, we entered into a variety of discussions with the Trust designed to build a stronger and more workable relationship between the two parties.

Part of those discussions centred on a proposed percentage sale of the Trust’s shareholding which would be purchased by us.

The offer would have seen the Trust shares purchased on terms more preferential than those accepted by the previous shareholders in July 2016.

However, we understand there are still areas of concern amongst members of the Trust board and the membership as a whole over the offer.

At this stage, we do not want the proposed share deal to become a source of antagonism between ourselves and the Trust, especially when the club finds itself in such a challenging position on the pitch.

Neither ourselves nor the Trust should allow any other issue to overshadow the club’s fight to maintain its Premier League status and the upcoming transfer window.

Therefore, discussions have been put on hold while we devote all our time, energy and resources into addressing the immediate challenges facing the club.

We still intend maintaining an excellent relationship with the Trust leadership and the lines of communication at this important stage in the club’s history remain open.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/club-statement-0
From The Trust on 10:05 - Jan 6 with 6818 viewslondonlisa2001

From The Trust on 10:01 - Jan 6 by Phil_S

Thats certainly how the paragraph reads - I assume a new consultation means a new vote

And I suspect a very different result

There will be a new vote.
Login to get fewer ads

From The Trust on 10:07 - Jan 6 with 6790 viewsPhil_S

From The Trust on 10:05 - Jan 6 by Uxbridge

Probably want to merge the threads!!

There'll be another vote. Has to be.

Yeah, welcome to 1992, if only that was possible
From The Trust on 10:11 - Jan 6 with 6740 views3swan

"At this stage, we do not want the proposed share deal to become a source of antagonism between ourselves and the Trust, especially when the club finds itself in such a challenging position on the pitch.

Neither ourselves nor the Trust should allow any other issue to overshadow the club’s fight to maintain its Premier League status and the upcoming transfer window. "

Yet again playing the P.R. game.

What distraction. They offered a deal and by what we are told then the details are basically agreed.
It's legal teams that would be involved not 'club' reps.

Are they saying they will put their own money in to boost January transfers.

Nope imo delaying tactics and using the uninformed as 'we are doing the right thing'
From The Trust on 10:12 - Jan 6 with 6723 viewsTheResurrection

From The Trust on 10:05 - Jan 6 by Phil_S

Club Statement

STATEMENT ON BEHALF OF STEVE KAPLAN AND JASON LEVIEN.

In the aftermath of the change in ownership at the football club, we entered into a variety of discussions with the Trust designed to build a stronger and more workable relationship between the two parties.

Part of those discussions centred on a proposed percentage sale of the Trust’s shareholding which would be purchased by us.

The offer would have seen the Trust shares purchased on terms more preferential than those accepted by the previous shareholders in July 2016.

However, we understand there are still areas of concern amongst members of the Trust board and the membership as a whole over the offer.

At this stage, we do not want the proposed share deal to become a source of antagonism between ourselves and the Trust, especially when the club finds itself in such a challenging position on the pitch.

Neither ourselves nor the Trust should allow any other issue to overshadow the club’s fight to maintain its Premier League status and the upcoming transfer window.

Therefore, discussions have been put on hold while we devote all our time, energy and resources into addressing the immediate challenges facing the club.

We still intend maintaining an excellent relationship with the Trust leadership and the lines of communication at this important stage in the club’s history remain open.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/club-statement-0

So it's taken the owners to call a halt to this and not our very own Trust Board.

I'm not sure I believe their reasons, but this should have been the dog wagging the tail here instead of the other way around.

Ah well, at least we can breathe a bit more now...

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

From The Trust on 10:14 - Jan 6 with 6695 viewsUxbridge

From The Trust on 10:05 - Jan 6 by londonlisa2001

There will be a new vote.

Indeed. There's no scenario where that doesn't take place.

From The Trust on 10:15 - Jan 6 with 6659 viewsswancity

Good news. But in the event of relegation can someone please explain what bearing does this have on the sale of shares and value? And the possible outcomes ?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

From The Trust on 10:15 - Jan 6 with 6656 viewsUxbridge

I'll paste this from the other thread:

Now, before anyone says the statement isn't strong enough etc, the reality is as follows :

a) there'll be a new Trust board recommendation
b) there'll be another forum to review that
c) ultimately there'll have to be another vote

From The Trust on 10:16 - Jan 6 with 6647 viewsPhil_S

OK knowing people who sit on both sides of the table for these statements I am going to draw a couple of conclusions

1. The Americans statement will have started life in a very different guise. Probably more critical of some individuals, some of them current and some of them ex board members

2. This website in particular (amongst them all) and social media is a source for them gauging feelings so they will be totally well advised (by their PR team) as to what is happening in the general fanbase.

3. The Trust board (Stuart in particular) will have advised them that their original statement will not help the situation so it will have been toned down.

4. This will have given the Trust chance to produce their own statement which is probably a little more vague then maybe they would have liked but gives the clear answers (that have been backed up already by Ux and Lisa that ultimately we are heading towards a different route)

Obviously I could be wrong but based on experience that would be my gut feel of experiencing life for 18 months in these positions
From The Trust on 10:18 - Jan 6 with 6613 viewsPhil_S

From The Trust on 10:15 - Jan 6 by swancity

Good news. But in the event of relegation can someone please explain what bearing does this have on the sale of shares and value? And the possible outcomes ?

Relegation is a slight red herring (I think although Lisa will tell you if I am wrong)

If an unfair prejudice claim was pursed, won and the outcome was a compulsory purchase of the Trust shares it would be at the terms given to the shareholders in 2016. The fact that they may (for a Championship club) be valued at a fraction of that is almost irrelevant.
From The Trust on 10:19 - Jan 6 with 6602 viewsLandore_Jack

Maybe the American consortium does not have the money to purchase the shares? Just a thought.

#backtojack

From The Trust on 10:21 - Jan 6 with 6578 viewsUxbridge

From The Trust on 10:18 - Jan 6 by Phil_S

Relegation is a slight red herring (I think although Lisa will tell you if I am wrong)

If an unfair prejudice claim was pursed, won and the outcome was a compulsory purchase of the Trust shares it would be at the terms given to the shareholders in 2016. The fact that they may (for a Championship club) be valued at a fraction of that is almost irrelevant.

That is my understanding from our legal reps

From The Trust on 10:22 - Jan 6 with 6563 viewsharryhpalmer

Someone at the Trust needs to have a word with Dafydd Pritchard after his reporting of this:

"At one stage, the Trust considered taking legal action over the manner in which the existing directors sold their shares but, if this purchase of half its stake was ratified, the Trust, following legal advice, has said it would be obliged not to pursue any legal action."

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

From The Trust on 10:22 - Jan 6 with 6563 viewsPhil_S

From The Trust on 10:19 - Jan 6 by Landore_Jack

Maybe the American consortium does not have the money to purchase the shares? Just a thought.

From experience again I'm not sure that the funding will be a problem.

The desire to enter into a voluntary agreement with the club heading towards the Championship very much could be though
From The Trust on 10:22 - Jan 6 with 6549 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

From The Trust on 10:19 - Jan 6 by Landore_Jack

Or does not want to invest in more shares in a club that could well be relegated.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

From The Trust on 10:23 - Jan 6 with 6538 viewsPhil_S

From The Trust on 10:22 - Jan 6 by harryhpalmer

Someone at the Trust needs to have a word with Dafydd Pritchard after his reporting of this:

"At one stage, the Trust considered taking legal action over the manner in which the existing directors sold their shares but, if this purchase of half its stake was ratified, the Trust, following legal advice, has said it would be obliged not to pursue any legal action."

It's poorly worded but I think its correct

If the deal went through on the terms discussed last summer then any legal avenues would be closed as a result.
From The Trust on 10:24 - Jan 6 with 6526 viewslondonlisa2001

From The Trust on 10:18 - Jan 6 by Phil_S

If a claim was made, won and remedied by a compulsory purchase of shares, the only value of note would be that paid for the shares at the time the Trust was unfairly prejudiced. So if the club was at that stage worth a different amount (either more or less) that would be an irrelevance.
From The Trust on 10:24 - Jan 6 with 6517 viewsTheResurrection

From The Trust on 10:16 - Jan 6 by Phil_S

OK knowing people who sit on both sides of the table for these statements I am going to draw a couple of conclusions

1. The Americans statement will have started life in a very different guise. Probably more critical of some individuals, some of them current and some of them ex board members

2. This website in particular (amongst them all) and social media is a source for them gauging feelings so they will be totally well advised (by their PR team) as to what is happening in the general fanbase.

3. The Trust board (Stuart in particular) will have advised them that their original statement will not help the situation so it will have been toned down.

4. This will have given the Trust chance to produce their own statement which is probably a little more vague then maybe they would have liked but gives the clear answers (that have been backed up already by Ux and Lisa that ultimately we are heading towards a different route)

Obviously I could be wrong but based on experience that would be my gut feel of experiencing life for 18 months in these positions

You a bit pissed off their didn't mention you there Phil?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

From The Trust on 10:27 - Jan 6 with 6474 viewsPhil_S

From The Trust on 10:24 - Jan 6 by TheResurrection

You a bit pissed off their didn't mention you there Phil?

No Chris, should I be?

Are you a bit pissed off they didn't mention you?

This post has been edited by an administrator
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024