Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium deal agreed 10:01 - Feb 17 with 64644 viewsDr_Winston

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Stadium deal agreed on 12:18 - Feb 27 with 2712 viewsMoscowJack

Stadium deal agreed on 11:58 - Feb 27 by Shaky

Of course that is possible, and i would go further and say in any negotiation involving some complexity but not commodities one side is bound to come out ahead.

But in this instance we have the high profile threat of EU scrutiny keeping a lid on the council, while the fact that the Kaplan is clearly a seller in waiting means he can't afford to ignore the long term because LT lease agreements for key fixed assets will without doubt be a focus of any buyer due dilligence.

This situation is also different in so far that the deal paves the way for unlocking new incremental value if everything goes according to plan, from sponsorship, hospitality, etc.

Going over this with a fine toothcomb will probably show one side has come out ahead, but will that be materially so? I personally doubt it.

The EU scrutiny that you're referring to is about councils being vastly over-generous in a way that was considered to be a form of local state investment, which is not allowed in football.

As the Swans have been named (and cleared, I think) in such reports, there is even more pressure on the council to ensure the deal doesn't benefit the CLUB too much. It could even be used as a 'get out' if the deal transpired to be one that we don't think is beneficial to the club longer term.

I really can't believe how anyone in their right mind could believe that the local council, who are desperate for every penny they can get, would miss the opportunity to screw the club over (financially) given the chance. I'm not saying they have, but I certainly wouldn't bet against it.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Stadium deal agreed on 16:18 - Feb 27 with 2591 viewsShaky

Stadium deal agreed on 12:18 - Feb 27 by MoscowJack

The EU scrutiny that you're referring to is about councils being vastly over-generous in a way that was considered to be a form of local state investment, which is not allowed in football.

As the Swans have been named (and cleared, I think) in such reports, there is even more pressure on the council to ensure the deal doesn't benefit the CLUB too much. It could even be used as a 'get out' if the deal transpired to be one that we don't think is beneficial to the club longer term.

I really can't believe how anyone in their right mind could believe that the local council, who are desperate for every penny they can get, would miss the opportunity to screw the club over (financially) given the chance. I'm not saying they have, but I certainly wouldn't bet against it.

As I alluded to the deal paves the way for unlocking new value from sponsorship, entertainment,etc.

That value stream is a product of and as such belongs to Swansea City AFC, not the council, the Ospreys, etc.

Clearly the deal gives back a potion of that upside, in regognition of the financing they put in place historically to - in effect - gift the use of the statium to the club. Now they will be getting something back. Good for them and the ratepayers.

Will that share of the upside be unreasonable? I really doubt it, since team Kaplan are very experienced negotiators and property oerators.

And what I really dislike about the current situation is the lack of any specific concerns; some people fear the council are taking advantage and some that it is the club.

In this evironment reaching the inevitable conclusion that one party will come out ahead gives rise to charges of aha, i knew it all along, the whole thing stinks. When it is in all probability just a storm in a teacup.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Stadium deal agreed on 16:57 - Feb 27 with 2560 viewsMoscowJack

Shaky, I give up....you don't get it. You've clearly never had to sign a long term commercial lease in your life, or at least seen them scrutinised by real experts.

As I mentioned before, I thought I knew a bit about commercial RE leases until I sat in a meeting and saw JLL destroy a landlord who thought he'd had secured a good deal with the largest recruitment company in the world! They destroyed the landlord and his rep's.
It was unbelievable and showed what value they bring to the table.

I know this deal is a bit different, but it shows that the devil's in the detail and, unless someone with in-depth commercial real estate analyses in the finest detail, anything can be added on in the future without anyone actually realising....until it's too late, of course.

As you've already pointed out, the Yanks are shrewd and had their top men on this....who did we have to protect the long term interests of the Club? Please don't say the council again!!!!
[Post edited 27 Feb 2018 16:59]

Stadium deal agreed on 13:21 - Feb 28 with 2422 viewsLord_Bony

Hope JLL is not involved in this...horrible company.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Stadium deal agreed on 15:07 - Feb 28 with 2366 viewsMoscowJack

Stadium deal agreed on 13:21 - Feb 28 by Lord_Bony

Hope JLL is not involved in this...horrible company.

I doubt that JLL were the advisors, but you never know.

All of those companies are horrible in different ways - an unwanted necessity (or whatever the saying is....I forget now in my old age) but they are good at what they do.

Stadium deal agreed on 21:37 - Feb 28 with 2275 viewsJackUlation

Naming Rights---It is going to be renames " Statue of Liberty Arena " De Facto Mato.
Stadium deal agreed on 00:12 - Mar 1 with 2221 viewsTheResurrection

Stadium deal agreed on 15:07 - Feb 28 by MoscowJack

I doubt that JLL were the advisors, but you never know.

All of those companies are horrible in different ways - an unwanted necessity (or whatever the saying is....I forget now in my old age) but they are good at what they do.

Necessary evil?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Stadium deal agreed on 17:16 - Mar 3 with 2057 viewsQJumpingJack

If/when we are mathematically safe, will that be the moment The Trust decide what action to take?
Login to get fewer ads

Stadium deal agreed on 23:26 - Mar 3 with 1994 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stadium deal agreed on 17:16 - Mar 3 by QJumpingJack

If/when we are mathematically safe, will that be the moment The Trust decide what action to take?

Sounds strategic

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024