Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again 07:30 - Mar 28 with 7875 viewsowainglyndwr

Swansea valuation office to move to central square.
How much more can they do before people revolt or protest against the Assembly.
With Brexit upon us we could totally end up in the shit outside of the Cardiff bubble.
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 12:58 - Mar 30 with 2240 viewsbyron

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 11:22 - Mar 30 by blaenaugwentjack

Their already is a political party that want s to spread investment throughout wales and decentralize public spending in repulica cardiff, only problem is the message is not getting through to the voters.

Not plaid, overrun also with the wrong sort of people, kind of put new non welsh speaking folk off as they so stuck up there own backsides. Need a new modern party who will welcome all. Labour might aswell split in half with proper lefties and the Blair types poles apart.

Benny

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 13:20 - Mar 30 with 2238 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 11:22 - Mar 30 by blaenaugwentjack

Their already is a political party that want s to spread investment throughout wales and decentralize public spending in repulica cardiff, only problem is the message is not getting through to the voters.

Which Party is that John?
Are you referring to Plaid or the new Party Jac O the North is trying to set up as he believes Plaid are cosying up far too much with Welsh Labour?
Both Parties are hamstrung by the Cardiff based and biased media but it is not enough for them just to moan about it in private.
I remember Leanne Wood agreed with a poster on here about some Cardiff Centric issue that was going on at the time. She said she disagreed but the Cardiff media would not touch it or publish her views.
IMHO this is not good enough. Social Media is a fine platform for getting the message across. Also bypassing the Cardiff rags and going National. I bet many would love a story about a biased Beeb in Wales.
It's time for them to fight dirty as keeping Schtum is killing Wales, both economically and now it's people it would seem.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 14:50 - Mar 30 with 2215 viewsowainglyndwr

The outside Cardiff bubble party
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 14:54 - Mar 30 with 2215 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 07:44 - Mar 30 by owainglyndwr

Totally agree, except I could never bring myself to vote conservative.
Unless we have a campaign or some kind of vote to dissolve the assembly they will now run us dry.
It will carry on unless we stand up for ourselves but it would have to be in the thounds

So we have a vote to abolish the assembly and then hand back the powers to the Westminster Conservative U.K. government that you’ll never vote for?

Poll: Tory leader

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 15:09 - Mar 30 with 2209 viewsWATP

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 14:54 - Mar 30 by exiledclaseboy

So we have a vote to abolish the assembly and then hand back the powers to the Westminster Conservative U.K. government that you’ll never vote for?

May as well.
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 18:53 - Mar 30 with 2168 viewsexhmrc1

The Llanishen issue is a non argument. HMRC had planned moving out of there BEFORE the centralisation was announced. It has been rumoured for years about the building not being fit for purpose. There were intitial rumours of a site just off the M4 at Llantrisant and another one near Cardiff Gate. Many people in Cardiff suspected they would be moved to TyNant although that was never feasible due to the numbers involved. Tynant could house less than 1000 whilst there were 2000 on the Llanishen site in addition to the approx 300 in Tynant at the time.

The problem isn't just Swansea. As someone mentioned there is a problem in Wrexham a well with the staff going to Liverpool.

Quite why HMRC needed the huge offices it has created only it knows. Buildings like Wrexham and Tynant were more than big enough to be kept open but the idiots running HMRC decided otherwise.

Finally the numbers involved in the valuation transfer will be very small. There are not many working there.
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 23:12 - Mar 30 with 2122 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 18:53 - Mar 30 by exhmrc1

The Llanishen issue is a non argument. HMRC had planned moving out of there BEFORE the centralisation was announced. It has been rumoured for years about the building not being fit for purpose. There were intitial rumours of a site just off the M4 at Llantrisant and another one near Cardiff Gate. Many people in Cardiff suspected they would be moved to TyNant although that was never feasible due to the numbers involved. Tynant could house less than 1000 whilst there were 2000 on the Llanishen site in addition to the approx 300 in Tynant at the time.

The problem isn't just Swansea. As someone mentioned there is a problem in Wrexham a well with the staff going to Liverpool.

Quite why HMRC needed the huge offices it has created only it knows. Buildings like Wrexham and Tynant were more than big enough to be kept open but the idiots running HMRC decided otherwise.

Finally the numbers involved in the valuation transfer will be very small. There are not many working there.

I don't think there is a lot of disagreement with your arguments. What I dispute is that WAG could not do anything about it. They could have at least offered up other sites for centralisation. The DVLA is a very similar example. I am convinced it would not have come to Swansea had the decision been made in Cardiff Bay.
Lets face it we have had nothing like it since the Assembly came into power yet there have been a succession of establishments going to Cardiff from all three Sectors.
Many of us have been having a rant about the siting of the MTC. 'Health Bosses' have come up with the recommendation but WAG cannot be divorced from the final decision.
IMHO had WAG been in charge of Taxation at this point then they would have followed suit with HMRC England and moved the whole shooting match to Cardiff anyway.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 18:59 - Mar 31 with 2050 viewsjohnlangy

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 13:20 - Mar 30 by Private_Partz

Which Party is that John?
Are you referring to Plaid or the new Party Jac O the North is trying to set up as he believes Plaid are cosying up far too much with Welsh Labour?
Both Parties are hamstrung by the Cardiff based and biased media but it is not enough for them just to moan about it in private.
I remember Leanne Wood agreed with a poster on here about some Cardiff Centric issue that was going on at the time. She said she disagreed but the Cardiff media would not touch it or publish her views.
IMHO this is not good enough. Social Media is a fine platform for getting the message across. Also bypassing the Cardiff rags and going National. I bet many would love a story about a biased Beeb in Wales.
It's time for them to fight dirty as keeping Schtum is killing Wales, both economically and now it's people it would seem.

It's the new party PP.
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 19:06 - Mar 31 with 2042 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 18:59 - Mar 31 by johnlangy

It's the new party PP.

OK. I know Jac is less than impressed by the way Plaid is going at the moment hence his decision to form a new Party.
The only worry I have is he seemed to suggest that his view is Wales should be Independant but not even under an EU umbrella. That would probably be a bridge too far for me.

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 21:02 - Mar 31 with 2025 viewsowainglyndwr

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 19:06 - Mar 31 by Private_Partz

OK. I know Jac is less than impressed by the way Plaid is going at the moment hence his decision to form a new Party.
The only worry I have is he seemed to suggest that his view is Wales should be Independant but not even under an EU umbrella. That would probably be a bridge too far for me.

We need to be part of the EU.
Independence years ago is what I would of welcomed with open arms, but this corruption within Wales has killed us.
A Vote of no confidence against the Assembly or a party to fight for the rest of Wales is need ASAP.
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 09:01 - Apr 1 with 1963 viewsAguycalledJack

Arent they currently looking at reforming the welsh assembly, increasing the number of members and lowering the age of people who can vote in the elections?

Also the assembly could have got rid of carwyn a few years ago but the Lib Dem’s messed that up.
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 09:24 - Apr 1 with 1953 viewsjohnlangy

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 19:06 - Mar 31 by Private_Partz

Well Jac is obviously a big part of the plans but is still only one voice. That isn't to say that that will not be the approach, just to say wait and see what transpires.
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 09:27 - Apr 1 with 1950 viewsjohnlangy

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 21:02 - Mar 31 by owainglyndwr

We need to be part of the EU.
Independence years ago is what I would of welcomed with open arms, but this corruption within Wales has killed us.
A Vote of no confidence against the Assembly or a party to fight for the rest of Wales is need ASAP.

'or a party to fight for the rest of Wales is need ASAP.'

This is exactly what is being set up. Someone else referred to another party that has been trying to do this and have been ignored. I'd imagine they mean Plaid .

Well, they've been making their arguments for 100 years and got nowhere. That shows there's something wrong with either them or the message.
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 10:29 - Apr 1 with 1931 viewstrampie

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 09:27 - Apr 1 by johnlangy

'or a party to fight for the rest of Wales is need ASAP.'

This is exactly what is being set up. Someone else referred to another party that has been trying to do this and have been ignored. I'd imagine they mean Plaid .

Well, they've been making their arguments for 100 years and got nowhere. That shows there's something wrong with either them or the message.

No its their disingenuous opponents that are the problem, some karma currently with Labour having a taste of their own medicine, Carwyn having it, Jeremy having it, red Tories, anti Semitism, terrorist sympathisers, war criminals, economically illiterate, have some of that Labour.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 10:48 - Apr 1 with 1922 viewstrampie

Talk of new Welsh nationalist parties has two widely differing possibilities for the UK state, a widely held view is that the UK state likes Plaid as they see them as a sensible party and that they are more than happy for them to get between 10% and 15% of the vote.
If Plaids vote collapsed in favour of a new Welsh independence party then the state will be worried by what Plaid could be replaced by.
It is said that MI5 infiltrated Plaid decades ago and report back that they are tidy, if there is a chance of a Plaid break through mind expect dirt to be dug, when Plaid threatened to make a breakthrough previous the secret services were said by some to have done the cottage burnings to try and discredit the 'nationalist' vote and hence preserve the union.
The other possibility is they allow another nationalist party to form to split the nationalist vote and keep those parties well down into single figures as a percentage of the vote and have no Plaid seats at all anywhere.
My guess is the state would rather Plaid plod along as long as they don't get to successful as they could be replaced by something the UK state would not like at all.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 13:20 - Apr 1 with 1888 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 09:24 - Apr 1 by johnlangy

Well Jac is obviously a big part of the plans but is still only one voice. That isn't to say that that will not be the approach, just to say wait and see what transpires.

Indeed I will be watching it carefully.
All the other parties have failed miserably to combat Carwyn Jones' Welsh Labour.
All I want is a Party to govern for the Whole of Wales. A Prty that does not use excuses to plod along.

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 13:37 - Apr 1 with 1882 viewsunion_jack

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 13:20 - Apr 1 by Private_Partz

Indeed I will be watching it carefully.
All the other parties have failed miserably to combat Carwyn Jones' Welsh Labour.
All I want is a Party to govern for the Whole of Wales. A Prty that does not use excuses to plod along.

And in my case one that does not have an independence agenda.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 14:32 - Apr 1 with 1859 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 13:37 - Apr 1 by union_jack

And in my case one that does not have an independence agenda.

It is not a red line for me either but remaining in the EU would be should we go down the independance route.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 21:12]

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 14:51 - Apr 1 with 1847 viewsblaenaugwentjack

It seems quite a lot of posters on here have a lot of valid concerns and questions, and rightly so. On Wednesday 4th April at 7.00 pm at 1849 evi Ebbw vale institute, nigel j copner plaid cymru candidate launch evening. Everyone is welcome. Their will be a buffet and a raffle. I know this is a prospective parliamentary candidate for blaenau gwent but, your concerns about other locations across wales can be voiced. We 6 confirmed people traveling from gorsienon and cynog dafis. Nigel was previously based at Swansea uni so, he knows the area. Nigel lived and worked in silicon valley for five years before returning to live in wales and is regularly in China with his work. He is plaid cymru s national treasurer. Come along and tell him what you would to see in a future wales
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 15:00 - Apr 1 with 1842 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 14:51 - Apr 1 by blaenaugwentjack

It seems quite a lot of posters on here have a lot of valid concerns and questions, and rightly so. On Wednesday 4th April at 7.00 pm at 1849 evi Ebbw vale institute, nigel j copner plaid cymru candidate launch evening. Everyone is welcome. Their will be a buffet and a raffle. I know this is a prospective parliamentary candidate for blaenau gwent but, your concerns about other locations across wales can be voiced. We 6 confirmed people traveling from gorsienon and cynog dafis. Nigel was previously based at Swansea uni so, he knows the area. Nigel lived and worked in silicon valley for five years before returning to live in wales and is regularly in China with his work. He is plaid cymru s national treasurer. Come along and tell him what you would to see in a future wales

Labour got nearly 60% of the vote there last June.

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 15:27 - Apr 1 with 1826 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 15:00 - Apr 1 by exiledclaseboy

Labour got nearly 60% of the vote there last June.

The general election result was disappointing but we push alun davies very close in the assembly elections. Last year the message vote plaid get the tories swayed a lot of voters. Blaenau gwent is now one of plaid s top three seats in wales to be won and, if are areas present mp and am carry on has they have previously then plaid will win one of these seats.
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 16:44 - Apr 1 with 1801 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 15:27 - Apr 1 by blaenaugwentjack

The general election result was disappointing but we push alun davies very close in the assembly elections. Last year the message vote plaid get the tories swayed a lot of voters. Blaenau gwent is now one of plaid s top three seats in wales to be won and, if are areas present mp and am carry on has they have previously then plaid will win one of these seats.

Sorry about the spelling/grammar, posting off my mobile.
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 17:26 - Apr 1 with 1780 viewstrampie

Another Professor standing for Plaid, I think their candidate in Neath was a Professor also.

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 17:34 - Apr 1 with 1769 viewstrampie

The 2016 Assembly result :-

Labour Alun Davies 8,442
Plaid Cymru Nigel Copner 7,792
UKIP Kevin Boucher 3,423
Conservative Tracey West 1,334
Liberal Democrats Brendan D'Cruz 300

Labour only beat Plaids Nigel Copner by 650 votes only.

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 17:44 - Apr 1 with 1763 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 17:34 - Apr 1 by trampie

The 2016 Assembly result :-

Labour Alun Davies 8,442
Plaid Cymru Nigel Copner 7,792
UKIP Kevin Boucher 3,423
Conservative Tracey West 1,334
Liberal Democrats Brendan D'Cruz 300

Labour only beat Plaids Nigel Copner by 650 votes only.

Then a year later he lost to Labour’s Westminster MP by 12000 votes. He ain’t winning that seat.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024