Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The JackCast discusses Carvalhal's future 20:07 - Mar 30 with 1696 viewsTummer_from_Texas

While I can understand the hesitance to want to give him a long term deal, given Swansea's recent history (Guidolin/Clement), I'm a bit surprised they don't even seem to want to bring him back at all next season.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The JackCast discusses Carvalhal's future on 20:19 - Mar 30 with 1666 viewsSwanjaxs

An hour and eight minutes... 😮 can't trawl through that on a beer night, can you give us a gist of the argument pls?
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 20:22]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The JackCast discusses Carvalhal's future on 20:31 - Mar 30 with 1648 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The JackCast discusses Carvalhal's future on 20:19 - Mar 30 by Swanjaxs

An hour and eight minutes... 😮 can't trawl through that on a beer night, can you give us a gist of the argument pls?
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 20:22]

LOL fair enough; I'm still at work on a Friday afternoon so I've got the time...

The three of them unanimously want Martinez back. They want that brand of football back, even if it results in relegation. Rodgers also worth considering.

Guto, Matt, and Steve are well-informed guys and I enjoy their podcast immensely, but this blows my mind.

I didn't think there was much question that we're bringing CC back next season, assuming we stay up. They made it clear that they'd not be too upset if he came back on perhaps a 1 year rolling deal, but they think a 3 year deal is insane and a case of making the same mistakes all over again.

I do agree with that last point to at least some degree, but the rest of it really surprised me coming from these guys; and especially that it was a consensus since they don't often agree completely on much.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 20:32]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The JackCast discusses Carvalhal's future on 20:50 - Mar 30 with 1621 viewsWarwickHunt

The JackCast discusses Carvalhal's future on 20:31 - Mar 30 by Tummer_from_Texas

LOL fair enough; I'm still at work on a Friday afternoon so I've got the time...

The three of them unanimously want Martinez back. They want that brand of football back, even if it results in relegation. Rodgers also worth considering.

Guto, Matt, and Steve are well-informed guys and I enjoy their podcast immensely, but this blows my mind.

I didn't think there was much question that we're bringing CC back next season, assuming we stay up. They made it clear that they'd not be too upset if he came back on perhaps a 1 year rolling deal, but they think a 3 year deal is insane and a case of making the same mistakes all over again.

I do agree with that last point to at least some degree, but the rest of it really surprised me coming from these guys; and especially that it was a consensus since they don't often agree completely on much.

Martinez?

The JackCast discusses Carvalhal's future on 20:55 - Mar 30 with 1609 viewsDarran

The JackCast discusses Carvalhal's future on 20:31 - Mar 30 by Tummer_from_Texas

So they don't even seem to want to bring him back at all next season but they'd not be too upset if he came back on perhaps a 1 year rolling deal?

Makes a lot of sense that.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The JackCast discusses Carvalhal's future on 21:07 - Mar 30 with 1593 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The JackCast discusses Carvalhal's future on 20:55 - Mar 30 by Darran

So they don't even seem to want to bring him back at all next season but they'd not be too upset if he came back on perhaps a 1 year rolling deal?

Makes a lot of sense that.

They'd prefer to find someone else who will take us back to the Martinez/Sousa/Rodgers style of football. But if we do bring him back, it needs to be 1 year at most. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Discussion about this starts 16 minutes in.

The JackCast discusses Carvalhal's future on 21:19 - Mar 30 with 1576 viewsDr_Winston

"The three of them unanimously want Martinez back. They want that brand of football back, even if it results in relegation"

Then they're f*cking idiots whose opinion is worthless.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The JackCast discusses Carvalhal's future on 21:22 - Mar 30 with 1569 viewsNeathJack

The JackCast discusses Carvalhal's future on 21:19 - Mar 30 by Dr_Winston

"The three of them unanimously want Martinez back. They want that brand of football back, even if it results in relegation"

Martinez succeeded in getting us into the Championship once. I'm sure he'd make it twice if appointed.
The JackCast discusses Carvalhal's future on 21:25 - Mar 30 with 1556 viewsDr_Winston

The JackCast discusses Carvalhal's future on 21:22 - Mar 30 by NeathJack

Martinez succeeded in getting us into the Championship once. I'm sure he'd make it twice if appointed.

He's got a good track record of it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

The JackCast discusses Carvalhal's future on 03:19 - Mar 31 with 1455 viewsLoyal

The JackCast discusses Carvalhal's future on 21:19 - Mar 30 by Dr_Winston

Bit harsh.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The JackCast discusses Carvalhal's future on 07:23 - Mar 31 with 1400 viewsSTID2017

The JackCast discusses Carvalhal's future on 03:19 - Mar 31 by Loyal

Bit harsh.

I didn't listen to it, just read the synopsis on here, but three guys say they don't want a manager, but they'd be happy for him to have a year's contract, but happier still to get a manager in who gets us back to playing the Swansea Way, even if we have to get relegated to achieve that.
Is that about the size of it ?
Strange if true

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The JackCast discusses Carvalhal's future on 08:09 - Mar 31 with 1369 viewsDr_Winston

The JackCast discusses Carvalhal's future on 03:19 - Mar 31 by Loyal

Bit harsh.

Maybe.

Let's be honest though, Martinez's managerial track record in the Premier League is as undistinguished as the likes of Hughes or Pardew. The thought of appointing either of those two would be treated with horror, and they don't have the added backstory of being conniving, sneaky little shits.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024