Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With Current Players: Your Championship Squad 09:41 - May 12 with 1496 viewsTheKirkyLife

Curious to see opinions on who forms our Championship first team before the transfer window. I get the feeling we'll lose a lot of our strike force but further back we may be a little unluckier barring Fabianski.

Nordfeldt,
Roberts, Van der Hoorn, Amat, Bartley, Olsson
Fulton, Fer
Narsingh, McBurnie, James

Subs: Mulder, Paljk, Rodon, Carroll, Dyer, Gorre
With Current Players: Your Championship Squad on 10:57 - May 12 with 1423 viewsBenJ94

Still not a very good championship team in my eyes but hard to argue with it. I've said all season, whether we stayed up or went down, we need to get rid of a lot of players, and being in atleast 6-7.
With Current Players: Your Championship Squad on 11:19 - May 12 with 1377 viewsgolly47

If VDH stays, I've got a gut feeling he'll be in the championship team of the season. I think Roberts and mcburnie will also have a pretty decent season as well.

Poll: What was worse?

With Current Players: Your Championship Squad on 11:24 - May 12 with 1367 viewsMrSwerve

Not expecting it at all but keeping Fabs will be a huge priority.

Wonder if we can work to being Allen back, but I suspect he'll be off to WHU or someone similar (please not the scum).

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

With Current Players: Your Championship Squad on 11:30 - May 12 with 1352 viewsyescomeon

It's a decent enough championship side that. Should be enough to keep us up, which has to be priority number one. It still suffers from the same lack of creativity as the current squad. Are there any creative mid fielders in the u23s that could make their way into the side, with us moving back to more of a 4231 that the current 343/541? Also, assuming Fabianski, Mawson, Fernandez, the Ayews, Ki, Clucas, Routledge and Bony have been sold or have left, then there should surely be enough to bring in a creative midfield player at top half championship / bottom half premier league player.

There is also, Mesa, Grimes, Baston and Montero to come back from loan potentially too. It's still a big and not well distributed squad. I don't see Routledge, Bony or Clucas going anywhere myself. We could well end up offloading Baston and Mesa though.

Upthecity!

With Current Players: Your Championship Squad on 11:43 - May 12 with 1325 viewsA_Fans_Dad

With Current Players: Your Championship Squad on 11:30 - May 12 by yescomeon

It's a decent enough championship side that. Should be enough to keep us up, which has to be priority number one. It still suffers from the same lack of creativity as the current squad. Are there any creative mid fielders in the u23s that could make their way into the side, with us moving back to more of a 4231 that the current 343/541? Also, assuming Fabianski, Mawson, Fernandez, the Ayews, Ki, Clucas, Routledge and Bony have been sold or have left, then there should surely be enough to bring in a creative midfield player at top half championship / bottom half premier league player.

There is also, Mesa, Grimes, Baston and Montero to come back from loan potentially too. It's still a big and not well distributed squad. I don't see Routledge, Bony or Clucas going anywhere myself. We could well end up offloading Baston and Mesa though.

Byers is quite creative and has a good dead ball.
The problem is the U23s are very creative, but that is because they play as a Team, also as a team that believe in each other and move the ball around a lot.
When you consider they were even more creative when Ollie & Jay were playing with them it bodes well if they could transfer that to a Championship side.
With Current Players: Your Championship Squad on 11:54 - May 12 with 1300 viewsyescomeon

With Current Players: Your Championship Squad on 11:43 - May 12 by A_Fans_Dad

Byers is quite creative and has a good dead ball.
The problem is the U23s are very creative, but that is because they play as a Team, also as a team that believe in each other and move the ball around a lot.
When you consider they were even more creative when Ollie & Jay were playing with them it bodes well if they could transfer that to a Championship side.

Thanks for that, Byers is one of the players I had in mind as I've heard his name mentioned a bit, but I've not seen him play other than in the u23 highlights on youtube.

Personally I'd like to see us make the most out of this bad situation and try get more players through the academy, through the u23s and into the first team.

Upthecity!

With Current Players: Your Championship Squad on 12:00 - May 12 with 1289 viewsawayjack

With Current Players: Your Championship Squad on 11:30 - May 12 by yescomeon

I don't see Mesa, Baston or Montero in championship. They have no real affinity to club and hardly been treated well.
With Current Players: Your Championship Squad on 13:13 - May 12 with 1187 viewsyescomeon

With Current Players: Your Championship Squad on 12:00 - May 12 by awayjack

I don't see Mesa, Baston or Montero in championship. They have no real affinity to club and hardly been treated well.

It's about Montero's level, but I'd like to see him gone. It might be closer to Baston's level too but If we can get some money for him he should go too, I'd rather McBurnie.

Upthecity!

Login to get fewer ads

With Current Players: Your Championship Squad on 13:26 - May 12 with 1164 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Baston, 19 appearances and 2 goals.
He would need to improve a bit to make it worth our while keeping him.
With Current Players: Your Championship Squad on 14:44 - May 12 with 1070 viewssP7qupUf

If we want to get back to our footballing philosophy I think Messa could be the man to start it. He should be fine in the Championship.
With Current Players: Your Championship Squad on 14:48 - May 12 with 1063 viewsjasper_T

Lewis instead of Paljk any day.

Harries over Rodon for me as well. Don't get many left footed centre halves.

Gorre's out of contract, don't see him staying. Fulton as well, maybe.
With Current Players: Your Championship Squad on 14:57 - May 12 with 1035 viewsjackjackjackjack

With Current Players: Your Championship Squad on 14:44 - May 12 by sP7qupUf

If we want to get back to our footballing philosophy I think Messa could be the man to start it. He should be fine in the Championship.

Wages too high, I'd guess.

When Sunderland went down they cut their wage bill from £90m to £35m, we'll have to do the same. Unless we get "investment", in the form of debt, to cover the shortfall from TV money, to hope for a swift return to the Premier.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024