Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Announcement Of the Team ... 04:48 - May 13 with 2272 viewsSTID2017

Will tell us all we need to know.
If Carlos thinks(as he should) we are relegated unless we score as many as we can and fields the most positive attacking team available to him (whatever that may be) then at least we can feel we are giving it a go, however impossible it seems.
If he starts with his usual five at the back or Carroll in midfield or whatever other negative connotation he might come up with then he deserves the bird from start to finish.
For me it has to be Monte Carlo or bust today
COYS

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Announcement Of the Team ... on 07:32 - May 13 with 2184 viewsThornburyswan

Suspect he will start his view of his strongest team - that may include 5 at the back - with a view to accommodating the Leon & Angel exits via the bench.

That said he's without a fair few attacking options with Bony/Fer injured, McB on the beach & Sanches 'emojied out' - personally I don't have an issue with the back 5 (we look far more stable with it & the 3 CBs offer an aerial threat in the other box) but agree we need a more positive middle/front 5.

His other challenge is in our post Siggy era Ki or Carroll seem to take the vast majority of our set pieces in the opposition's half so that tends to get at least 1 of them into that middle 2/3. Personally I'd be trying Clucas on that task & playing him & King in front of the back 5 & then pick 3 from Ayews, Tammy, Narsingh or Dyer - not a great pick list mind.
The Announcement Of the Team ... on 07:46 - May 13 with 2162 viewsSTID2017

The Announcement Of the Team ... on 07:32 - May 13 by Thornburyswan

Suspect he will start his view of his strongest team - that may include 5 at the back - with a view to accommodating the Leon & Angel exits via the bench.

That said he's without a fair few attacking options with Bony/Fer injured, McB on the beach & Sanches 'emojied out' - personally I don't have an issue with the back 5 (we look far more stable with it & the 3 CBs offer an aerial threat in the other box) but agree we need a more positive middle/front 5.

His other challenge is in our post Siggy era Ki or Carroll seem to take the vast majority of our set pieces in the opposition's half so that tends to get at least 1 of them into that middle 2/3. Personally I'd be trying Clucas on that task & playing him & King in front of the back 5 & then pick 3 from Ayews, Tammy, Narsingh or Dyer - not a great pick list mind.

With regards to the squad, I can only imagine Frankie, Clement and Carlos must have looked back enviously at our squads of the first three or four seasons, and imagined what they could have done with them ( Bobbly would have wreaked havoc even with our best 11 from the past 7 years!)

The Announcement Of the Team ... on 08:09 - May 13 with 2104 viewsThornburyswan

The Announcement Of the Team ... on 07:46 - May 13 by STID2017

With regards to the squad, I can only imagine Frankie, Clement and Carlos must have looked back enviously at our squads of the first three or four seasons, and imagined what they could have done with them ( Bobbly would have wreaked havoc even with our best 11 from the past 7 years!)

'Yup, spot on - only Fabianski would get into Rodgers or Laudruo's team for me.........shows how far we've fallen over the last 2/3 seasons. My only crumb of comfort in us being relegated is that it will force a clear out & give who ever replaces Carlos the chance to properly rebuild (even if that is with very little money).

If we'd stayed up suspect we'd have "tried hard" to get better players but ultimately failed through a combination of relative lack of £££s, Huw's less than impressive track record in that area & our likely favourites for relegation tag...........not to mention our dire football quality!
The Announcement Of the Team ... on 08:58 - May 13 with 2008 viewssomersetsimon

The Announcement Of the Team ... on 08:09 - May 13 by Thornburyswan

'Yup, spot on - only Fabianski would get into Rodgers or Laudruo's team for me.........shows how far we've fallen over the last 2/3 seasons. My only crumb of comfort in us being relegated is that it will force a clear out & give who ever replaces Carlos the chance to properly rebuild (even if that is with very little money).

If we'd stayed up suspect we'd have "tried hard" to get better players but ultimately failed through a combination of relative lack of £££s, Huw's less than impressive track record in that area & our likely favourites for relegation tag...........not to mention our dire football quality!

That's why it's almost a relief to go down and start again. Otherwise, next year, we'd be scraping around for players. No matter who our owners are, we know that we'd have to a pay a minimum of £10M for any decent player (most of whom wouldn't want to join us anyway). We'd only be able to afford 2 or 3 reasonable new signings from this pot.
The bottom of the Premier League isn't the place to take a chance with unknown players or promoting kids from the U23.
I think our team is good enough for the Championship with a few additions and I hope we'll give the U23s like McBurnie, Byers, Maric, James, etc. a chance to prove themselves.
The Announcement Of the Team ... on 09:06 - May 13 with 1947 viewsA_Fans_Dad

"If Carlos thinks(as he should) we are relegated unless we score as many as we can and fields the most positive attacking team available to him (whatever that may be) "

As you also do not appear to know what the "most positive attacking team available" is after watching them all season it shows how bad the squad is and how hard his decision is.
The Announcement Of the Team ... on 09:41 - May 13 with 1855 viewsSTID2017

The Announcement Of the Team ... on 09:06 - May 13 by A_Fans_Dad

"If Carlos thinks(as he should) we are relegated unless we score as many as we can and fields the most positive attacking team available to him (whatever that may be) "

As you also do not appear to know what the "most positive attacking team available" is after watching them all season it shows how bad the squad is and how hard his decision is.

Difference is that like you I'm just a supporter who hopes for the best whilst has in the back of their minds that the worst could well happen..
Meanwhile Carlos is paid £xxxx as a professional to get the best and choose from the players at his disposal.
You're right though. Even if we had all our squad fit and available, it would be a quandry

The Announcement Of the Team ... on 09:54 - May 13 with 1808 viewsjackal

4-4-2.

Fab
Naughton Fernandez Mawson Olssen

Dyer King Andre Clucas

Jordan Tammy

Go for it.
The Announcement Of the Team ... on 10:03 - May 13 with 1769 viewsAl_Bundy

The Announcement Of the Team ... on 09:54 - May 13 by jackal

4-4-2.

Fab

Dyer King Andre Clucas

Jordan Tammy

Go for it.

That should have been our Southampton line up with maybe Roberts in for Naughton.

There is a goal or two in that line up
Login to get fewer ads

The Announcement Of the Team ... on 11:55 - May 13 with 1622 viewsjasper_T

You can't just stick all the forwards on and hope that chances appear out of thin air, Carlos.
The Announcement Of the Team ... on 12:27 - May 13 with 1548 viewsspiderboy

We need to win by 3 goals,
Can see the mancs putting 7 on Southampton!
The Announcement Of the Team ... on 12:29 - May 13 with 1540 viewsjackal

The Announcement Of the Team ... on 11:55 - May 13 by jasper_T

You can't just stick all the forwards on and hope that chances appear out of thin air, Carlos.

We've got no creativity in midfield anyway.

Just hoof it to the forwards.
The Announcement Of the Team ... on 13:06 - May 13 with 1458 viewsjasper_T

The Announcement Of the Team ... on 12:29 - May 13 by jackal

We've got no creativity in midfield anyway.

Just hoof it to the forwards.

We've tried that it doesn't work when your strikers are <5'8 and Tammy twinkle toes.
The Announcement Of the Team ... on 14:15 - May 13 with 1293 viewsbarry_island

The Announcement Of the Team ... on 09:54 - May 13 by jackal

4-4-2.

Fab

Dyer King Andre Clucas

Jordan Tammy

Go for it.

Put Ki in for Clucas and I'd go with that.

We won't.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

The Announcement Of the Team ... on 14:17 - May 13 with 1274 viewsyescomeon

I'd like to see a few of the youngsters given a run out today. We're good as down as it is.

Upthecity!

The Announcement Of the Team ... on 14:20 - May 13 with 1240 viewsSmellyplumz

The Announcement Of the Team ... on 14:17 - May 13 by yescomeon

I'd like to see a few of the youngsters given a run out today. We're good as down as it is.

Instead we just get a couple of oldsters

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Announcement Of the Team ... on 14:22 - May 13 with 1224 viewsyescomeon

The Announcement Of the Team ... on 14:20 - May 13 by Smellyplumz

Instead we just get a couple of oldsters

Yup, and no striker.

Upthecity!

The Announcement Of the Team ... on 14:29 - May 13 with 1174 viewsLeonWasGod

There’s your answer. I give up.
The Announcement Of the Team ... on 14:30 - May 13 with 1166 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A bizarre selection indeed.
I find it hard to believe CC actually selected them.
The Announcement Of the Team ... on 14:32 - May 13 with 1154 viewsyescomeon

The Announcement Of the Team ... on 14:30 - May 13 by A_Fans_Dad

Taking a sh!t in the kettle on the last day in the office

Upthecity!

The Announcement Of the Team ... on 14:38 - May 13 with 1121 viewsLeonWasGod

The Announcement Of the Team ... on 14:30 - May 13 by A_Fans_Dad

I find it very easy to believe after all the white flag waving this week. Announcements on players contracts, plans for next year, manager’s position, etc., should all have waited until Monday.

While there’s a chance (albeit very slim) we should have been totally focused on today’s match. This is pissing me off more than us simply being a bit sh*t. CC is a coward. If our away performances weren’t proof enough, this last week confirms it.

This will be the usual end-of-season, not-to-be-taken-seriously match, but it (potentially) could be our most important game in the last 7 years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024