Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fao LondonLisa 13:15 - Jun 7 with 2600 viewsLohengrin

Here you go, handsome girl - if you haven’t already watched it you’re in for a treat. Best thing on the Beeb in God knows how long...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b5y4zg

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Fao LondonLisa on 13:19 - Jun 7 with 2584 viewslondonlisa2001

I’ve recorded it Loh. Haven’t started watching as yet.

Most reviews seem to say it’s excellent.

They’ve upped their quality a bit recently haven’t they. I though A Very English Scandal was excellent as well. Hugh Grant was spectacular as Thorpe as was Ben Whishaw as Norman Scott.
Fao LondonLisa on 13:33 - Jun 7 with 2548 viewsLohengrin

Fao LondonLisa on 13:19 - Jun 7 by londonlisa2001

I’ve recorded it Loh. Haven’t started watching as yet.

Most reviews seem to say it’s excellent.

They’ve upped their quality a bit recently haven’t they. I though A Very English Scandal was excellent as well. Hugh Grant was spectacular as Thorpe as was Ben Whishaw as Norman Scott.

Amazing women. Tenacious and incredibly, quite incredibly brave. The way they were treated was a national scandal but the way they dug in and stayed the course is as inspiring as it gets. I’ve watched it twice now, I’m a bit in awe of them really.

A Very English Scandal couldn’t have been better cast. Brilliant stuff though it did seem at times a bit odd to be sitting there laughing at what is a pretty dark story in truth.

Fao LondonLisa on 13:42 - Jun 7 with 2524 viewslondonlisa2001

Fao LondonLisa on 13:33 - Jun 7 by Lohengrin

Amazing women. Tenacious and incredibly, quite incredibly brave. The way they were treated was a national scandal but the way they dug in and stayed the course is as inspiring as it gets. I’ve watched it twice now, I’m a bit in awe of them really.

A Very English Scandal couldn’t have been better cast. Brilliant stuff though it did seem at times a bit odd to be sitting there laughing at what is a pretty dark story in truth.

I think I’ve mentioned before my great grandmother and her sister who were exactly those women. They never gave up and listened to those that told them they couldn’t do it.

I’d like to think that spirit lives on in at least a small way in my refusal to accept it either.

I was taken aback by how good Hugh Grant was to be fair. I’ve always liked him a lot in films, but he’s always played essentially the same role of pretty and a bit wet.
Fao LondonLisa on 14:00 - Jun 7 with 2490 viewsLohengrin

Fao LondonLisa on 13:42 - Jun 7 by londonlisa2001

I think I’ve mentioned before my great grandmother and her sister who were exactly those women. They never gave up and listened to those that told them they couldn’t do it.

I’d like to think that spirit lives on in at least a small way in my refusal to accept it either.

I was taken aback by how good Hugh Grant was to be fair. I’ve always liked him a lot in films, but he’s always played essentially the same role of pretty and a bit wet.

Was she the old girl who turned Lloyd George’s photo to the wall when she found out he’d been carrying on? I’d have loved to have met her but I’m sure I would have hated getting on the wrong side of her!

I think everybody just thought of Grant as a one-trick, rom-com pony before this but his performance was a revelation. He won’t be going home empty-handed at awards time this year, that’s for sure.

Fao LondonLisa on 14:02 - Jun 7 with 2480 viewsmoonie

Grant was briillIant as was the chap who played Scott

The George Carman scenes were fantastic .

What a shitehouse that man was
Fao LondonLisa on 14:49 - Jun 7 with 2405 viewslondonlisa2001

Fao LondonLisa on 14:00 - Jun 7 by Lohengrin

Was she the old girl who turned Lloyd George’s photo to the wall when she found out he’d been carrying on? I’d have loved to have met her but I’m sure I would have hated getting on the wrong side of her!

I think everybody just thought of Grant as a one-trick, rom-com pony before this but his performance was a revelation. He won’t be going home empty-handed at awards time this year, that’s for sure.

Yep, that was the sister.

They both worked in the steel mill. Wearing magnetic gloves to hold the sheets in place as they were cut before they stacked them.

Strong as hell, stubborn as hell, both apparently real ladies in the true sense. Full of love for music and literature and knowledge.

I tell you something for nothing Loh. They wouldn’t have accepted being told to get used to it either...
Fao LondonLisa on 16:18 - Jun 7 with 2318 viewsFieryJack

Anything fronted by Lucy Worsley is worth a watch.

Utterly irresistible.

Has replaced Joan Bakewell as The Thinking Man's Crumpet.

Caveat: that last phrase makes me cringe, and reeks abominably of 70's sexism - but you get my point
Fao LondonLisa on 16:59 - Jun 7 with 2262 viewsLohengrin

Fao LondonLisa on 16:18 - Jun 7 by FieryJack

Utterly irresistible.

Caveat: that last phrase makes me cringe, and reeks abominably of 70's sexism - but you get my point

I thought Jack from On the Buses had paid the site a visit for a minute!

Login to get fewer ads

Fao LondonLisa on 18:37 - Jun 7 with 2139 viewsBobby_Fischer

Great programme Loh!

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Fao LondonLisa on 21:27 - Jun 7 with 2018 viewsFieryJack

Fao LondonLisa on 16:59 - Jun 7 by Lohengrin

I thought Jack from On the Buses had paid the site a visit for a minute!

That Jack was an awful, leering goat of a bloke - on a par with Sidney James.
Fao LondonLisa on 19:20 - Jun 10 with 1785 viewstrampie

Women's solidarity
[Post edited 10 Jun 2018 19:21]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Fao LondonLisa on 19:23 - Jun 10 with 1774 viewsLohengrin

Fao LondonLisa on 19:20 - Jun 10 by trampie

Women's solidarity

Is there no subject you don’t try and shoe-horn her into?

Fao LondonLisa on 19:26 - Jun 10 with 1760 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fao LondonLisa on 14:00 - Jun 7 by Lohengrin

We watched all three eps of this last week. It was pretty good. Whishaw stole the show as Scott.

Poll: Tory leader

Fao LondonLisa on 19:29 - Jun 10 with 1748 viewsLohengrin

Fao LondonLisa on 19:26 - Jun 10 by exiledclaseboy

We watched all three eps of this last week. It was pretty good. Whishaw stole the show as Scott.

*She was excellent, fair play.

I’ve got a signed first edition of Mary Richardson’s autobiography knocking around here somewhere. It’s probably worth a few bob now, I should imagine?

edit: * typo. Should have read ‘he’ but as it made me chuckle, and seems apt, I let it be.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2018 19:37]

Fao LondonLisa on 19:32 - Jun 10 with 1740 viewslondonlisa2001

Fao LondonLisa on 19:26 - Jun 10 by exiledclaseboy

I thought both he and Hugh Grant were excellent.

Also then watched the panorama that was shelved.

Which showed how good those sorts of programmes used to be.
Fao LondonLisa on 19:43 - Jun 10 with 1699 viewslondonlisa2001

Fao LondonLisa on 19:20 - Jun 10 by trampie

Women's solidarity

London this afternoon.

Fao LondonLisa on 19:45 - Jun 10 with 1690 viewsLohengrin

Fao LondonLisa on 19:43 - Jun 10 by londonlisa2001

London this afternoon.

Did you go and watch it, love?

Fao LondonLisa on 19:52 - Jun 10 with 1675 viewsWingstandwood

Fao LondonLisa on 16:18 - Jun 7 by FieryJack

Utterly irresistible.

These two IMO also belong in that category. Don't have the slightest what they're on about but?......................Swooooooooooooooooooooon!

Argus!

Fao LondonLisa on 19:55 - Jun 10 with 1667 viewslondonlisa2001

Fao LondonLisa on 19:45 - Jun 10 by Lohengrin

Did you go and watch it, love?

Yes.

Walked through Ken Gardens and Hyde Park to see the start at Park Lane.

Would have marched other than we had a couple of dogs with us and it was too hot for them so we went back into the park to get some shade.

It was a very joyous atmosphere in brilliant sunshine.
Fao LondonLisa on 07:36 - Jun 11 with 1508 viewstrampie

Leanne decked out with a sash looking the part, full on girl power.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024