Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mawson to West Ham 15:11 - Jun 14 with 67678 viewsandrew

Deal close. Sky sports breaking.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Mawson to West Ham on 11:55 - Aug 3 with 1099 viewsSwansea93

I would like to say thank you to Swansea City for the past two years of my life, not just the football club but the place as a whole.

"Although last season ended how it did, I loved my time in Wales and was always proud to put on that shirt.

It's a great place full of even better people, I have no doubt at all that Swansea will find its way back to the Premier League sooner rather than later.

Once a Jack always a Jack and I mean that.

"Take care, Alf."

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Mawson to West Ham on 12:52 - Aug 3 with 1047 viewsLandore_Jack

Brentford to bank £600,000 from Mawson deal

Brentford are due £600,000 from Fulham’s £15m deal to sign ex-Bees defender Alfie Mawson from Swansea.

Brentford are owed 40% of a sell-on fee agreed by Barnsley when the Yorkshire club sold him to Swansea in 2016.

That sell-on clause entitled Barnsley to 15% of any profit above £5m Swansea made on Mawson, meaning the Tykes are now set to receive £1.5m following his move to Fulham.

#backtojack

Mawson to West Ham on 12:54 - Aug 3 with 1037 viewsomarjack

Mawson to West Ham on 12:52 - Aug 3 by Landore_Jack

Brentford to bank £600,000 from Mawson deal

Brentford are due £600,000 from Fulham’s £15m deal to sign ex-Bees defender Alfie Mawson from Swansea.

Brentford are owed 40% of a sell-on fee agreed by Barnsley when the Yorkshire club sold him to Swansea in 2016.

That sell-on clause entitled Barnsley to 15% of any profit above £5m Swansea made on Mawson, meaning the Tykes are now set to receive £1.5m following his move to Fulham.

If our deal with Fulham didn't include them paying these 2 m sell-on-fee clauses then we're really bigger mugs than I ever imagined.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Mawson to West Ham on 13:00 - Aug 3 with 1010 viewsShaky

Mawson to West Ham on 12:54 - Aug 3 by omarjack

If our deal with Fulham didn't include them paying these 2 m sell-on-fee clauses then we're really bigger mugs than I ever imagined.

Make no mistake, the price that Mawson sold for is a significant blow financially for Swansea. A significant blow.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Mawson to West Ham on 13:09 - Aug 3 with 982 viewsDaggyjack

Mawson to West Ham on 13:00 - Aug 3 by Shaky

Make no mistake, the price that Mawson sold for is a significant blow financially for Swansea. A significant blow.

If that's the case, we shouldn't have sold him then and raised our funds / reduced our wage bill from selling Clucas, Ayew, Fernandez and others instead.
Mawson was under contract and on affordable wages for us to keep him. He may have been unhappy to stay but tough.
Mawson to West Ham on 13:09 - Aug 3 with 983 viewsBadlands

Agreed ... if they ever really believed he was worth £40 million or £25 or even 20).

However, we need to find money to off-set the bonkers fees we laid out last year for shockingly poor players.
We also need players who will play to Potter's formula and I don't think Mawson had the footballing skills to do that.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Mawson to West Ham on 13:11 - Aug 3 with 969 viewsShaky

Mawson to West Ham on 13:09 - Aug 3 by Badlands

Agreed ... if they ever really believed he was worth £40 million or £25 or even 20).

However, we need to find money to off-set the bonkers fees we laid out last year for shockingly poor players.
We also need players who will play to Potter's formula and I don't think Mawson had the footballing skills to do that.

Agreed, but the problem is that as you start peeling back the layers and selling your best players, there is precious quality left to support the still considerable debt which I currently estimate at a shade over £60 million.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Mawson to West Ham on 13:12 - Aug 3 with 965 viewsShaky

Mawson to West Ham on 13:09 - Aug 3 by Daggyjack

If that's the case, we shouldn't have sold him then and raised our funds / reduced our wage bill from selling Clucas, Ayew, Fernandez and others instead.
Mawson was under contract and on affordable wages for us to keep him. He may have been unhappy to stay but tough.

Think they all have to go too.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Login to get fewer ads

Mawson to West Ham on 13:30 - Aug 3 with 906 viewsShaky

Mawson to West Ham on 13:12 - Aug 3 by Shaky

Think they all have to go too.

Specifically, I have those 3 players pencilled in to make around £26 million.

As i said, I have debt at around £62 million so take those sale proceeds off and we get to £36 million. Then add a couple of Championship level new signings and we have debt of £40-45 million, which is probably just about right.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Mawson to West Ham on 13:43 - Aug 3 with 879 viewsawayjack

I don't get it. We'd turned down £20m+ from WH and market negotiations suggested £25m as sensible value. Then we flog him for £15m, £10m below and with a over a week to go. It's like the reverse of Clucas last year when we paid £10m more than market rate.

Either he's crocked so Fulham pushed for a discount or we are seriously desperate for cash.
Mawson to West Ham on 13:46 - Aug 3 with 873 viewsomarjack

Mawson to West Ham on 13:43 - Aug 3 by awayjack

I don't get it. We'd turned down £20m+ from WH and market negotiations suggested £25m as sensible value. Then we flog him for £15m, £10m below and with a over a week to go. It's like the reverse of Clucas last year when we paid £10m more than market rate.

Either he's crocked so Fulham pushed for a discount or we are seriously desperate for cash.

It was reported that Burnley bid 13.5 m and we rejected it.

I don't think WHU bid 20 m or anything of the sort..we would have accepted it without a second thought. They bid less than 15 m that's for sure.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Mawson to West Ham on 14:32 - Aug 3 with 836 viewsjasper_T

Mawson to West Ham on 13:43 - Aug 3 by awayjack

Depends how the fee is structured. West Ham might have wanted to pay us £20m over 4 years, when Fulham can pay over 12 months. Cashflow is king.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024