Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Betrayed by Huw and board again 13:52 - Aug 9 with 15076 viewsmagicdaps10

The end is nigh.

These yanks will have the club on the market soon.

I just hope Potter and what he has left can pull together this season.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:13 - Aug 9 with 1618 viewsShaky

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:12 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

We don’t have a team.

Which is, obviously, just a tiny issue.

As I said, any fool can slash costs while decimating the club.

And what was your alternative proposal?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:19 - Aug 9 with 1577 viewsJackBaston

We'll have made £42m profit by the end of this window, pretty sure no one else around us will have made profit

Cant remember the last window weve actually spent without selling
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:24 - Aug 9 with 1535 viewsAce_Jack

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:13 - Aug 9 by Shaky

having enough players for each position?
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:27 - Aug 9 with 1506 viewsShaky

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:19 - Aug 9 by JackBaston

We'll have made £42m profit by the end of this window, pretty sure no one else around us will have made profit

Cant remember the last window weve actually spent without selling

I haven't totted up the latest departures, but you undoubtedly meam cash-flow, not profit.

And the key point it that the club started the transfer window with probably around £85 million in debt.

If we use your number they are still in the hole to the tune of £43 million. That's still a lot, but although individual players have not achieved the sort of prices hoped for, the scale of the debt reduction is actually quite impressive.

And is in fact within 10% of what i said should be the target a couple of months ago.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:28 - Aug 9 with 1495 viewslondonlisa2001

To take a look at the squad that we have. Work out what we want. Have a plan to get from one to another over two windows.

What we have done is sell anything at all that we’ve received offers for at the end of the window, in a mad panic, having turned down money early on that would have allowed proper planning. We’ve acted last minute irrespective of the squad, replacements, positions, etc etc etc.

So we’re left with 7 wingers (Routledge, Dyer, Montero, Asoro, McKay, Narsingh, James) and one centre half and one forward.

We needed to cut our costs, of course, but we also needed to be left with a team. Not a team that could challenge for promotion, but one on which we could build a new future.

Dithering at the start of the window and taking three weeks to appoint the manager that everyone knew was coming didn’t help.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:28 - Aug 9 with 1493 viewsTom1912

Signing replacements.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:30 - Aug 9 with 1460 viewsShaky

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:28 - Aug 9 by Tom1912

Signing replacements.

Have you any conception of the amount of management time and attention required to keep all those transfer balls in the air at the same time?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:31 - Aug 9 with 1450 viewsHeadmaster

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:28 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

To take a look at the squad that we have. Work out what we want. Have a plan to get from one to another over two windows.

What we have done is sell anything at all that we’ve received offers for at the end of the window, in a mad panic, having turned down money early on that would have allowed proper planning. We’ve acted last minute irrespective of the squad, replacements, positions, etc etc etc.

So we’re left with 7 wingers (Routledge, Dyer, Montero, Asoro, McKay, Narsingh, James) and one centre half and one forward.

We needed to cut our costs, of course, but we also needed to be left with a team. Not a team that could challenge for promotion, but one on which we could build a new future.

Dithering at the start of the window and taking three weeks to appoint the manager that everyone knew was coming didn’t help.

7 wingers and one centre back, that sums it up. Just like last season, we had eight midfielders and one left back. We're a damaged club.
Login to get fewer ads

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:34 - Aug 9 with 1425 viewsShaky

We are in the firesale Lisa, as I mentioned when we discussed the accounts in the Spring.

I understood then what that entailed. It seems to me you did not, but do now.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:34 - Aug 9 with 1425 viewsTom1912

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:30 - Aug 9 by Shaky

Have you any conception of the amount of management time and attention required to keep all those transfer balls in the air at the same time?

Yes, I had a small amount of professional experience in football a few years ago, I know a little about how transfers work behind the scenes.

I'm also aware the window has been open for 3 months and other clubs manage it.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:34 - Aug 9 with 1424 viewsjacksfullaces

at the end of the day this is someone else's business so in theory they can run it how they want at this moment in time. (the trust element is an interesting but seemingly irrelevant sideshow)

if the focus is (sensibly or otherwise) ruthless cost cutting at the expense of team investment can someone remark on the likely long term strategy that will follow this and is it something that can be of much interest to the investors - presumably once the money has gone, the money has gone, and the likelihood of a return to the riches of the Premier League is remote. (they will have done their calculations, I am sure, and also seen the fact that even in the Premier League we have shown limited capabilities for the last 2-3 years) And there are 22 other clubs all putting together master plans on similar/better budgets.

So they didn't go overboard to keep us in the Premier League, they won't go overboard to get us back there (these might be sensible investment decisions BTW) but does that mean in business terms we are effectively mothballed now.

11 v 11 on Saturday though, so perhaps a bit of good football might be the way forward, but the chances of that providing them any kind of financial return in the long run is something they may now have determined is of little interest to them.

Perhaps this realization has only dawned over the time they have been at the Club, but is it up to the fans to accept this now, hope for a good match now and again, and that Huw/Potter strike gold with a similar formula the second time round? I suspect this is probably what the board have calculated, a premier league return is a nice to have but not a real focus?
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:38 - Aug 9 with 1399 viewslondonlisa2001

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:34 - Aug 9 by Shaky

We are in the firesale Lisa, as I mentioned when we discussed the accounts in the Spring.

I understood then what that entailed. It seems to me you did not, but do now.

It’s not a case of firesale.

It’s a case of mismanagement.

I was happy to accept a high volume of sales - if you recall, it’s what I said we’d do to avoid any financial issue when you were talking about balance sheet issues. It’s the other side of it shaky that’s gone badly wrong.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:40 - Aug 9 with 1372 viewsShaky

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:38 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

It’s not a case of firesale.

It’s a case of mismanagement.

I was happy to accept a high volume of sales - if you recall, it’s what I said we’d do to avoid any financial issue when you were talking about balance sheet issues. It’s the other side of it shaky that’s gone badly wrong.

You can't rebuild until you have cut out the rot.

Arguably there is still some to go, but this is a very good start indeed on that metric specifically.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:40 - Aug 9 with 1371 views34dfgdf54

Alan Curtis son just put a tweet up that he’s spoke to his dad and ended it with “money grabbing half wits”
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:48 - Aug 9 with 1308 viewslondonlisa2001

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:40 - Aug 9 by Shaky

You can't rebuild until you have cut out the rot.

Arguably there is still some to go, but this is a very good start indeed on that metric specifically.

Successful restructure only works when it’s being done simultaneously. It’s not a linear process.

Supposedly this was understood and planned...
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:51 - Aug 9 with 1277 viewsShaky

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:48 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

Successful restructure only works when it’s being done simultaneously. It’s not a linear process.

Supposedly this was understood and planned...

That certainly isn't the way McKinsey would do it.

Pare it to the bone and then layer up.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:52 - Aug 9 with 1265 viewsNeath_Jack

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:40 - Aug 9 by 34dfgdf54

Alan Curtis son just put a tweet up that he’s spoke to his dad and ended it with “money grabbing half wits”

He's no William Faulkner, is he?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:56 - Aug 9 with 1237 viewsEasternJack

Personally I'd rather wait for 5pm today and then also the end of this loan window before getting my knickers into a twist.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:56 - Aug 9 with 1235 viewslondonlisa2001

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:51 - Aug 9 by Shaky

That certainly isn't the way McKinsey would do it.

Pare it to the bone and then layer up.

Lol.

Restructuring was what I did Shaky.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:57 - Aug 9 with 1226 views34dfgdf54

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:52 - Aug 9 by Neath_Jack

He's no William Faulkner, is he?

Still did well enough to highlight what’s going on here.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 17:00 - Aug 9 with 1205 viewsBillyChong

Spot on. Shambolic transfer strategy.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 17:03 - Aug 9 with 1191 viewsNeath_Jack

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:57 - Aug 9 by 34dfgdf54

Still did well enough to highlight what’s going on here.

Aye, he's a genius mate, fair play.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 17:07 - Aug 9 with 1159 viewsicecoldjack

The only shocking thing in all this is that people appear to be shocked !!

All fans apart from maybe the Res knew what the score was gonna be, if thy cared about the club they wouldn't have sold it to people with zero cash, if the yanks were genuine they'd have started off with a marquee signing such as Joe Allen, i've been saying this for years and been taking pelters for it as a few flukes masked poor season after poor season.

We've only spent money after selling players, most normal clubs secure the player they wnt before letting another fook off, we do it the opposite way, buy with 7 hrs left of the window and grab any old rubbish off the bare shelves of football world.

We fans have deserved this, far too many have been sticking their head in the sand for too long, the trust has been a joke and stood by and did nothing, the fans have pretty much done the same.

Fingers crossed for Potter now, the bloke deserves a fair crack, i know the fans will be behind him and the players 100% our owners have slit the throat of the club and are drinking its blood as we type .
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 17:17 - Aug 9 with 1112 viewsShaky

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:56 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

Lol.

Restructuring was what I did Shaky.

Not at McKinsey though?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 17:36 - Aug 9 with 1067 viewslondonlisa2001

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 17:17 - Aug 9 by Shaky

Not at McKinsey though?

Not ‘at’ anywhere. Worked with them though, a couple of times. And Alix. And Alvarez. And PWC, KPMG etc. etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024