Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not even Deadline day. 17:57 - Aug 9 with 5718 viewsJango

Calm down everyone. It’s only really deadline day for premier league teams. If the woods transfer really was dependant on the clucas deal then there’s no reason we won’t get him on loan with a permanent deal in place. Loads of time to get players in to bulk up the squad. If we still have 1 centre half come September the 1st then I’d worry but it’s not gonna be the case. 10 of saturdays 11 still here, Fer and Naughton to also come back in the frame and the players who don’t want be here have all gone. Let’s crack on from here and start a new chapter.

Not even Deadline day. on 22:11 - Aug 9 with 1038 viewsTheResurrection

Great thread Jango, top work mate and all you've tried to do is stay positive by explaining some facts.

It's a pity the usual kunts on here just want to pick holes in anything and everything.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Not even Deadline day. on 22:21 - Aug 9 with 992 viewsmajorraglan

It’s notdeadline day, but there are 4 games and 12 points to be played for before the end of the month. Quite a lot of the transfer business over the last few years has taken place at the back end of the window and the club has paid the price.

There is still time to get things sorted, but f the club limps through the next few games and does poorly it could result in players being put off joining the club, and bigger clubs from actually wanting to loan their players to Swansea.
Not even Deadline day. on 22:29 - Aug 9 with 959 viewsJango

Not even Deadline day. on 22:21 - Aug 9 by majorraglan

It’s notdeadline day, but there are 4 games and 12 points to be played for before the end of the month. Quite a lot of the transfer business over the last few years has taken place at the back end of the window and the club has paid the price.

There is still time to get things sorted, but f the club limps through the next few games and does poorly it could result in players being put off joining the club, and bigger clubs from actually wanting to loan their players to Swansea.

*The phrase being thrown around by some is that Thursday counted as a "soft deadline". Come 5pm, EFL clubs will no longer be able to sign players on a permanent basis straight away, but they still get a second bite of the cherry with the loan window.

Whilst clubs will no longer be able to sign players on a permanent basis, loan with an option to buy offers a convenient work around to this.*

I agree that obviously the sooner we get things done the better but there’s no need to panic. I’m sure all championship clubs will have been aware that the only important business that needed doing by today was where players were going to premier league clubs.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 22:30]
Not even Deadline day. on 22:38 - Aug 9 with 937 viewsElmo

Great thread sir, way too sensible tho for the twps. The 10 out 11 bit should resonate, even for the twps

Looking forward to the team recruiting more Celinas (warra gem), Mckays and Dhandas; rejuvenating the Monteros and inspiring the Rodons

Glass half full
Not even Deadline day. on 22:50 - Aug 9 with 920 viewswaveydavey

It's 49 years since I saw my first Swans game. In all that time I cannot remember ever seeing us go into a league game with 1 striker available. Maybe someone with a better memory can help me out. On top of this we have one central defender available with any experience at this level - if we can ignore a handful of games at Cheltenham. What level of incompetence has led us to this? And yet they have their apologists.
Not even Deadline day. on 22:54 - Aug 9 with 908 viewsjasper_T

Not even Deadline day. on 22:50 - Aug 9 by waveydavey

It's 49 years since I saw my first Swans game. In all that time I cannot remember ever seeing us go into a league game with 1 striker available. Maybe someone with a better memory can help me out. On top of this we have one central defender available with any experience at this level - if we can ignore a handful of games at Cheltenham. What level of incompetence has led us to this? And yet they have their apologists.

Cian Harries played half a dozen games for Coventry in League One before joining us.

Think he played mostly at left back, though.
Not even Deadline day. on 22:56 - Aug 9 with 903 viewspeenemunde

Well said Jango.
Way to much negativity from some fans bordering on the hysterical.🤪
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 22:59]
Not even Deadline day. on 23:51 - Aug 9 with 845 viewsJacket

We may pull it back in the loan market. Rodon may take his chance to shine. Fulton may finally step up. We may do a lot of things. Then again we may not.

Even if we pull it off... This. Is. No. Way. To. Run. A. Football. Club.
Login to get fewer ads

Not even Deadline day. on 09:54 - Aug 10 with 738 viewsawayjack

Not even Deadline day. on 20:09 - Aug 9 by Jango

Lets just wait and see shall we. Let’s not forget these Americans invested quite a lot in players last year but the recruitment was appalling. That gives me hope that they will let potter bring in players he will need on loan, some with a view to permanent transfer now they know exactly what our finances are going forward. I may well be wrong but I refuse to believe any owner would leave their manager with one centre half.

He Yanks have only taken from the Club. Not put a penny into the Club. Clueless.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024