Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Irresponsible cyclists... 17:34 - Aug 12 with 25022 viewsSwanjaxs

Walking my dogs down to Singleton Park this morning and coming towards me on bikes were a father and daughter (about five or six year old) just outside Tesco Express by the bus stop the daughter had a bit of a wobble lost control and fell off her bike, no harm done as they were going uphill and at low speed, she got up straight away, now here's the thing, neither had helmets on, so being a safety conscious type of a bloke i stopped and suggested he put a helmet on his daughter even if he was stupid enough not to, he told me to fùck off and mind my own business.... In my opinion the sooner compulsory wearing of safety helmets for cyclists comes in by law the better! I'll get off my soapbox now 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Irresponsible cyclists... on 17:52 - Aug 12 with 5720 viewsdickythorpe

It's disgusting the way he spoke to you. Unfortunately it's best in this day and age to say nothing.
Cyclists are a law unto themselves and many are physically not fit enough.
.......6 pager by Tues.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:00 - Aug 12 with 5697 viewsSPboy

Some guy & a 6 year old cycling on the pavement ... does that really qualify them as cyclists ??
Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:20 - Aug 12 with 5650 viewsHighjack

I always wonder how all cyclists are allowed to go through red lights when cars can’t?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:30 - Aug 12 with 5631 viewsangryjack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:20 - Aug 12 by Highjack

I always wonder how all cyclists are allowed to go through red lights when cars can’t?

I hate cyclists shouldn't be allowed on roads don't pay insurance or tax,,Iff the hit your wing mirror or damage your car in any way they got no insurance and no plate to take details...but they're the first ones to shout a ND mouth off thinking they own the road
Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:56 - Aug 12 with 5585 viewsraynor94

I wonder if it's the same pair I came across cycling along the pavement on De La Beeche road in town.

The girl cycled up behind us and proceeded to ring her bell for us to move, when I pointed out to her it was a pavement, I received a mouthful off her father, all rather sad

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:07 - Aug 12 with 5554 viewsAndy1300

Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:30 - Aug 12 by angryjack

I hate cyclists shouldn't be allowed on roads don't pay insurance or tax,,Iff the hit your wing mirror or damage your car in any way they got no insurance and no plate to take details...but they're the first ones to shout a ND mouth off thinking they own the road

Oh dear oh dear, there is so much wrong with your reply.

.... I suggest you educate yourself about how roads are funded.

Come back and apologise for your ignorance when you have done so.

What about all the cars on the road these days that are 'Zero rated' for VED?

As for insurance, most cyclists are covered on their home contents insurance, some also have private insurance, myself being one of them, others have it for being members of British Cycling.

May I put it to you that the father and daughter were just riding bikes and not your average cyclist.

As for helmets, take a look at the Netherlands, most cycles in Europe, not compulsory to wear helmets and least fatalities in Europe.

Don't even go there on the red lights...... even though its against the law to jump a red light, it doesn't stop drivers doing it. The consequences of vehicles jumping lights are far worse than if a cyclist did it.

The problem these days is that people overlook irresponsible driving because its so common.

Number 1 team in Wales

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:11 - Aug 12 with 5538 viewsAndy1300

Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:56 - Aug 12 by raynor94

I wonder if it's the same pair I came across cycling along the pavement on De La Beeche road in town.

The girl cycled up behind us and proceeded to ring her bell for us to move, when I pointed out to her it was a pavement, I received a mouthful off her father, all rather sad

They can't win.

If they are on the pavement they get grief from people like you.

If they are on the road, they get grief from drivers.

At least she had the courtesy to use her bell.

Where do you suggest she rides safely?

Number 1 team in Wales

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:17 - Aug 12 with 5530 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:00 - Aug 12 by SPboy

Some guy & a 6 year old cycling on the pavement ... does that really qualify them as cyclists ??

They weren't on the pavement mate, they were on the highway, ok it was 7am and the road was quite, but the question remains... do you think it's a good idea to ride a bike without head protection?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Login to get fewer ads

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:20 - Aug 12 with 5515 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:07 - Aug 12 by Andy1300

As for insurance, most cyclists are covered on their home contents insurance, some also have private insurance, myself being one of them, others have it for being members of British Cycling.

May I put it to you that the father and daughter were just riding bikes and not your average cyclist.

As for helmets, take a look at the Netherlands, most cycles in Europe, not compulsory to wear helmets and least fatalities in Europe.

Don't even go there on the red lights...... even though its against the law to jump a red light, it doesn't stop drivers doing it. The consequences of vehicles jumping lights are far worse than if a cyclist did it.

The problem these days is that people overlook irresponsible driving because its so common.

So you think that riding a bike without head protection is a good idea then? Yes or no will do 👍

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:22 - Aug 12 with 5511 viewsangryjack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:07 - Aug 12 by Andy1300

I bet you most cyclists are not covered by home insurance contents most the cyclists I know don't even own a home so oh dear oh dear me,,and stop trying to deflect your argument by blaming cars for zero rated ved s stick to cycle lanes ,,,and ye you lot do think you own the road.all cyclists should be made pay tax and insurance if they want use the roads,,not some have it on home insurance and some don't,,they travel sometimes 3 deep and no more than 20 miles an hour and most give you daggers or say something if you over take them..can't stand them
Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:26 - Aug 12 with 5501 viewsdickythorpe

Didn't take long for someone to twist and derail this into a "Car v bike" thread. Lol!
Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:30 - Aug 12 with 5488 viewsAndy1300

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:20 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

So you think that riding a bike without head protection is a good idea then? Yes or no will do 👍

It is up to the individual

look at the stats

more head injuries caused through vehicle collisions than cycling

I personally wear one, just as I do a seatbelt

It is not law so nothing to do with you or anyone else what someone wears on a cycle

Number 1 team in Wales

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:31 - Aug 12 with 5483 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:26 - Aug 12 by dickythorpe

Didn't take long for someone to twist and derail this into a "Car v bike" thread. Lol!

Spot on Dickie! It matters not if they were "cyclists" or just out for a summers day bike ride, if your head hits a curb at 5mph or 40mph it could kill you, your on two wheels for god sake and for but for the grace of god could fall off for any number of reasons (pot holes, bad driving even being blown off by the wind) ... come on common sense yea

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:32 - Aug 12 with 5482 viewsAndy1300

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:22 - Aug 12 by angryjack

I bet you most cyclists are not covered by home insurance contents most the cyclists I know don't even own a home so oh dear oh dear me,,and stop trying to deflect your argument by blaming cars for zero rated ved s stick to cycle lanes ,,,and ye you lot do think you own the road.all cyclists should be made pay tax and insurance if they want use the roads,,not some have it on home insurance and some don't,,they travel sometimes 3 deep and no more than 20 miles an hour and most give you daggers or say something if you over take them..can't stand them

Drivers font pay so why should cyclists?

Dear god, some thick people on here

as for cycle lanes, last time I checked they don't go everywhere a cyclist wants to get to, just like motorways that are built purely for vehicles
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 19:33]

Number 1 team in Wales

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:33 - Aug 12 with 5475 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:30 - Aug 12 by Andy1300

It is up to the individual

look at the stats

more head injuries caused through vehicle collisions than cycling

I personally wear one, just as I do a seatbelt

It is not law so nothing to do with you or anyone else what someone wears on a cycle

Yes nothing to do with me... let the emergency services deal with the aftermath of any head injury that could have been prevented by wearing a helmet.... crack on mate 👏

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:34 - Aug 12 with 5468 viewsAndy1300

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:26 - Aug 12 by dickythorpe

I am not twisting it if you are referring to my reply.

I am stating facts not opinions unlike some on here

Number 1 team in Wales

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:35 - Aug 12 with 5462 viewsangryjack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:32 - Aug 12 by Andy1300

Drivers font pay so why should cyclists?

Dear god, some thick people on here

as for cycle lanes, last time I checked they don't go everywhere a cyclist wants to get to, just like motorways that are built purely for vehicles
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 19:33]

You are thick you just don't get it do you,,,it's compulsory for car driver's to pay tax and insurance if they don't and get caught there's repercussions as for cyclists they don't have to and should and most them don't even know the highway code the amount accidents they cause
Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:35 - Aug 12 with 5460 viewsAndy1300

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:33 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

Yes nothing to do with me... let the emergency services deal with the aftermath of any head injury that could have been prevented by wearing a helmet.... crack on mate 👏

do you wear one in your vehicle?

Crack on yourself and I'm not your mate.

Come back with an intelligent response or don't bother

Number 1 team in Wales

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:38 - Aug 12 with 5448 viewsAndy1300

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:35 - Aug 12 by angryjack

You are thick you just don't get it do you,,,it's compulsory for car driver's to pay tax and insurance if they don't and get caught there's repercussions as for cyclists they don't have to and should and most them don't even know the highway code the amount accidents they cause

it may be compulsory but plenty don't pay either.

Lets get it straight

VED is what drivers pay based on emissions.

Roads are paid for by general taxation, everyone pays this.

You assume they don't know the Highway Code, most drivers don't either if thats the case.

Number 1 team in Wales

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:39 - Aug 12 with 5441 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:35 - Aug 12 by Andy1300

do you wear one in your vehicle?

Crack on yourself and I'm not your mate.

Come back with an intelligent response or don't bother

No... indeed I'm not your mate, you come across as a bit of a tool if I'm being honest, stay safe though, and if you have children I hope you protect them sufficiently if they go out on a bike ride with you 👍
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 19:44]

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:40 - Aug 12 with 5434 viewsangryjack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:38 - Aug 12 by Andy1300

it may be compulsory but plenty don't pay either.

Lets get it straight

VED is what drivers pay based on emissions.

Roads are paid for by general taxation, everyone pays this.

You assume they don't know the Highway Code, most drivers don't either if thats the case.

Just give up mush...
Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:41 - Aug 12 with 5428 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:40 - Aug 12 by angryjack

Just give up mush...

You can't educate pork ...

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:44 - Aug 12 with 5405 viewsraynor94

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:11 - Aug 12 by Andy1300

They can't win.

If they are on the pavement they get grief from people like you.

If they are on the road, they get grief from drivers.

At least she had the courtesy to use her bell.

Where do you suggest she rides safely?

Certainly not on a pavement with pedestrians on it, it was 9 .30 and busy, so you condone her doing that? Have you passed your cycling proficiency test?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:46 - Aug 12 with 5389 viewsAndy1300

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:41 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

You can't educate pork ...

On the contrary, it's clearly you 2 that need educating.

Drivers are on the road by licence.

Drivers pay insurance based on risk hence the rising scale and varying costs based on age and vehicle type.

Cyclists are such a low risk that insurers deem it unnecessary to have it made compulsory.

Why has no Govt introduced this?

And yes, I suggest my kids and grandchildren wear a helmet on a bike.

Number 1 team in Wales

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:47 - Aug 12 with 5382 viewsAndy1300

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:44 - Aug 12 by raynor94

Certainly not on a pavement with pedestrians on it, it was 9 .30 and busy, so you condone her doing that? Have you passed your cycling proficiency test?

Yes about 42 years ago....You?

Number 1 team in Wales

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024